“Despite busy weekend, staff was still attentive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel

Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel
Ranked #27 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
San Antonio, Texas
“Despite busy weekend, staff was still attentive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel through a Groupon due to last minute travel. It was a zoo in the lobby when we arrived, but they were well staffed. They apparently had several weddings as well as some other groups. Despite all of that craziness and us traveling on a discount voucher, they quickly addressed each guest, and took the time to make us (and presumably everyone) feel welcome. They even gave us extra breakfast vouchers. We had 2 rooms with our party and both were clean and comfortable. The only reason I went down to 4 instead of 5 stars is because the restaurant was not open during posted hours. There are lots of nearby restaurants though.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer09876

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Oklahoma City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

As I write this, I'm still considering whether to demand a new room or switch hotels even though it's taken two hours to get my kid to sleep. We can hear every word (conversation, a very loud fight, and the TV from the adjoining room) even though we paid top dollar for a suite. I'm too lazy to move, too chicken to call security (what if it gets worse?), and just hoping the white noise app on my phone lets us get some sleep.

Oh, and the toilet doesn't flush.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Leverett97
Edmond, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

There's a shower head but no way to turn on shower. Bed was hard. Adjoining room door didn't lock well. the hotel engineer came up to fix it, but it was still loose. I should have demanded new room, but we were tired. About 1:00am people next door came in and turned on loud music. Then, we could hear everything they were doing. I would never stay here again, and may never look at a Sheraton again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Teriberi54
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

In 15 years as a Platinum traveler I have never written a review. The abhorrent state of this hotel has compelled me to write. To say this property is unacceptable is an understatement. I arrived late with my wife and two sleeping kids. It was 11pm and below 32 at the drive. The two valets on duty were backed up so I proceeded to check in.

Let me say, the front desk staff was absolutely wonderful. Very accommodating and cordial so I was lulled into the false sense that it was going to be a decent stay. I am quite familiar with the Sheraton standard which can often lag behind a Westin or W in terms of amenities yet most often are quite acceptable. This hotel puts the HO in Hotel.

Valet was less than cooperative as I was standing in the freezing rain asking for bell assistance. "I think they leave at 11. My response: So, what would you like me to do? Valet: "You can go grab a bell cart". Me: No, I'm not at Aloft so let ME go get someone (again, not normally picky here but I had a wife and two sleeping kids nestled inside the warm car). The front staff immediately snapped into action and were great!

Soon we were up to our corner suite with connecting room for the kids. As soon as we hit the elevator I knew we were in trouble. There is an immediate smell of mold. It reminded me of some old tenement buildings in the Bronx. What am I to do? We had been traveling by car for four hours and I had a sleepy 4 year old on my shoulder.

We exit the elevator into a hallway reminiscent of a dingy, clearly 80's style Hilton. Moldy and dated carpet and walls, exterior metal doors with scratches. It felt like we were heading to prison, sans the orange jump suits.

If that wasn't bad enough the disaster really hit when we entered the room. Weird stains all over the master suite carpet, holes in the wall, yellow stains on the white comforter met our first pass. Again, busy hotel and kids ready for bed. What to do? Let's make do and go with it. I immediately cancelled the rest of the weekend and rebooked at another Starwood property that I could trust.

As soon as I returned from the front desk I was greeted by a shell shocked wife left speechless by a rogue "curly hair" she had found in the king bed. As I type this we are literally crawling into the two queen beds with our kids and are closing the connecting room to that nightmare.

Again, front staff is doing a great job and should be commended for having to polish this turd of a property. I truly hope the GM and property owners are reading this.

GM - this part is specially for you. You should be ashamed of the product you are selling. Any self respecting hotelier would not stand for the quality presented to us tonight. I understand you are not running a W or St Regis but the condition of your rooms is beyond unacceptable. I was informed by the front desk that you are under new ownership so I pray they are reading this as well.

Your HOTEL should be closed or at minimum stripped of Starwood status until it is brought up to acceptable standards. The worse Starwood hotel experience was originally a Four Points in Boston but you have superseded it. That says a lot since that experience included flys swarming out of my room service dish. Mr GM, did you just read that? I would rather be in a property with flies swarming out of my food than sleep here tonight.

If this is your best it's time to find another career and let real professionals run the place. Either way, I hope this review is the wake up call you finally need.

Finally, I am trying to sleep but the trains out my window (I've had better views in Newark NJ) are keeping me up.

Your HOTEL is horrific!

Stayed December 2013
3 Thank PlatinumDoc
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We had a nice stay recently for a weekend football game. Room was adequate but needs to be updated. Service in the restaurant and bar was quite slow due to lack of employees. Staff was friendly, attentive and helpful..

• Stayed December 2013
TEXAS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton in Ft. Worth. We upgraded our room and were thrilled when we walked into our oversized room. It had a bar, very nice bed outfitted in all white, and a large seating area. We liked our room so much that we booked a second night. We were given vouchers for a buffet breakfast that was also good. The biscuits, eggs and bacon, and fresh fruits were filling. We did experience a few difficulties with heater. It would go to blazing hot quickly! My only complaint is minor. In the long hallways, people would place used dishes outside their door. The dishes would stay there an entire day. We did not pay for the parking. We parked our own vehicle behind the hotel. After 5:00 pm we would move our car and park it on the street. The hotel is in a super location and makes it very easy to enjoy shopping and dining in Ft. Worth. Our 11 pound bichon frise enjoyed his stay too!

Room Tip: Ask about their upgrades!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I'm a Starwood Platinum, 150+ nights in hotels, at both Starwood and other chains. Stayed at this hotel for about 8 weeks last year. It was very poor in terms of service, breakdowns, lack of follow-up, and general quality of the facility and staff's capabilities.
I've been staying here with my team again for the last 6 weeks and it has become worse - which I did not think was possible. In the last 6 weeks alone, they have:

- 2 times they put us in rooms that were occupied. Basically, my team members would walk in on people.
- 3 times put us in rooms with no hot water. When you call, they promise to send engineering, 30 minutes later you'd still be waiting with your life on hold, you call and are given pissy responses (I just got "told" by some woman named Essence), and an hour later engineering will come to turn on the water, tell you "yeah its not working" and then you will be moved to a different (usually a much worse) room.
- Lost 1 package. UPS will shows that they signed for it. You even know who signed it. But they can't find it.
- Terrible service: For example, on the package, we had to keep asking to find it. They will tell you they will call back with information - but no calls or follow-up. EVER. Same with things such as sending engineering to your room.
- Bad attitude: For example, when I called the second time to ask where engineering is, this Essence woman says "I'm not the one you spoke with before". When I said I'm not happy about the service (and the fact that this has happened 3 times in 6 weeks), her response "Other than sending engineering, what do you want me to do ??". 40 minutes later, still no engineering (and its 11.40pm by then). And she wouldn't give me the name of the general manager either.

.... and this is a partial list.

Tristan is the only person here who seems to make any effort to help the guests - and I feel bad for him that he has to put up with all the cranky guests while his colleagues continue their incompetence and mistreatment of guests.

I've seen enough hotels - good and bad - with an itinerary like mine. It really is quite incredible (and probably takes special effort) to be this bad.

Absolutely, hands-down the worst property in Fortworth at this level.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business