“knights stay”

Ranked #33 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Missouri City, Texas, United States
“knights stay”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The check-in process was terrible. I reserved a king-size bed and the clerk tried to get me into a queen-size bed. They said they had no king-size beds available. When I persisted they did find one. But he was upset that I insisted on what I had reserved. The ac was so loud that we could not
have a normal conversation nor Could we watch tv at a normal volume.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Sheraton during the Christmas holidays on two occasions. We had a block of rooms for our firm. On both occasions our rooms were not ready. I understand about the holiday rush but no ones rooms were ready. I had to get ready for our firm Christmas party in the lobby. On one of the occasions our bill was totally messed up. The rooms we were given were old and musty. It was very disappointing. Many other options in downtown FW and surrounding areas.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was one of many working the NOTFEA/MOTFEA conference at the Sheraton in Fort Worth Tx. There were several employees who went above and beyond to help me with a few personality problems that I had to smooth. PJ and Audrey at the front counter typed up several name tags for me that matched mine, which sent them to another floor to the color printer. The catering staff made all our wishes come true with just one request and the food was very good. Juan asked if he could help clear emptied boxes instead of waiting for us to request it. The only issue we did have was room numbers were given out which is not their policy, but was handled very quickly and quietly. Overall the Hotel was clean and well managed.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow I did not like theirs, (too soft) they do not have dressers in the rooms but d...
Irving, Texas
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Pros for the hotel are the great location, spacious rooms, good prices and free breakfast.
Cons for the hotel are the spotty customer service, inconsistent internet access and safety concerns.

The front desk staff was great on check in, however, I had a problem connecting with the internet. I could connect in the hallway and lobby but not in my room. I discovered this about an hour after I had checked in and I called the front desk to ask to I could change to another room. She told me that she would have to check with her manager and get back with me.

Now this is not a big deal but, she must have been a new employee because there really is not another option. The hotel seemed to have plenty of available rooms. About two hours later, i went down to the lobby and asked the front desk if they could please get back with me regarding the room change. They had already arranged the room change, only no one had bothered to call me.

The second issue is the parking lot, which is located across the street from the hotel in an isolated area. Didn't feel safe using this parking lot, there were plenty of street people hanging around. What was more alarming was that the hotel exterior doors were not secured with your room key. Anyone off the street could gain entrance to the hotel and the hotel elevators without being seen by the front desk.

Overall, it was a nice experience, except for the room change. If you are a woman traveling alone, I would not recommend this hotel.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I believe that this is about as good as you will get in downtown Ft. Worth. From the moment we drove up (at 1030 AM for a noon wedding) and were met by Leon, a car valet, we could not have asked for a more pleasant experience. We were upgraded to a large room on the ninth floor. The view was of a freeway and rail tracks, but remember, this is downtown Ft. Worth. The room had a sofa, 2 easy chairs, a desk, and a counter with a faucet. The best was a typical Sheraton mattress, however, it was a four poster bed and very comfortable. Everyone was helpful and pleasant. The valet were helpful in helping with directions and finding a place to have a nice lunch. The hotel is on the south side of downtown and a half mile walk to downtown where there are many restaurants and shops.

Room Tip: We are high, on the SE corner and heard a train in the middle of the night. I would ask for a room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Hotel cancelled reservation claiming no show. We had called several hours in advance to inform the front desk that we would be arriving late and we were reassured that our room would be reserved. When we arrived a very rude lady informed us that she had not been told that we would be arriving late and there was absolutely nothing she was willing to do for us. We had paid for travel insurance and they showed nothing but disregard to our requests.

Stayed August 2013
1 Thank celeste m
Winter Park
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I've stayed here once before and noted the tattered rooms however this time I decided to try one of their suites. Wow I should of read my previous review before staying here again.
I tried to call the front desk for 2 hours and no one answered. I finally got through and the gentleman said his coworker left and he was the only one working. I told him I couldn't get through to room service. He said he would follow up with them. I never heard from them or him again!
The internet has been down intermittently all night. The toilet has been running constantly. The door to the room has a 2 inch gap thus allowing me to hear the elevator bell and every conversation in the hall along with the slamming of doors. The carpet is dirty and sticky. I can clearly hear the outdoor A/C units on the roof. As a platinum member I was able to use the lounge which is average. I can't believe they market this hotel as a spa. The hotel is over priced for the services (or lack of services) you receive. The hotel should be listed as a 2 star at best.

1 Thank fdipace