“Great stay and location!”

Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel
Ranked #38 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

Great and clean hotel! Enjoyed my stay, even booked an extra night. Shuttle service is a plus, but you can't be in a hurry because sometimes there is a delay. Rooms are very spacious and updated. Bathrooms are smaller bur still plenty of room. Would return!

Reviewed July 7, 2013

My 82 year old dad travelled alone to a conference in Ft. Worth. He missed his car pickup at DFW but another hotel shuttle dropped him at the Sheraton. He was a bit rattled and tired but Stephen and Todd at the front desk looked after him during his entire week stay. Stephen even called me the day before his departure to get the name of dad's car company so that he could confirm his car. Comfortable rooms in a convenient location if you want to be near downtown Ft. Worth.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank queson1973
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Within walking distance of all the great things we wanted to do by Sundance Square.
Front desk staff was very helpful in fixing a mistake I made.
Club Lounge was a great place to relax and enjoy before dinner.

• Stayed: June 2013
Melissa S, Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you so much for your great review. We are glad you enjoyed the hotel and staff. We look forward to your next train trip to Fort Worth.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just stayed here three nights. Based on the reviews I was pretty apprehensive but the price was nice. Overall o.k. property. Definitely dated in areas. Parts of our room were definitely showing their age. Valet staff were all great and it was nice that we could self-park as we were on the move a lot. The most glaring thing was one evening when my daughter and I returned we saw some snacks set up at the bar. She reached out to grab a small bag of trail mix and a man came running up asking if we were the member of some club. We said no so he told us we could not have any of the food. There was no sign posted anywhere stating that this was an exclusive offering - thought it was like so many other properties that have complimentary snacks in the evening. We were left feeling pretty embarrassed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Melissa S, Owner at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

We are so sorry about the confusion. We will make sure things are marked clearly if there is a special event in the future. We do not want anyone to feel bad about anything during their stay. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Note: the Sheraton Fort Worth sent me an email and asked me comment, and even gave me an email address/name to direct my comments. As they did not respond, I decided to post here.

The staff at SFW is wonderful; Miss Donna, the valet, and the front desk.  All courteous and willing to go above and beyond.  As Miss Donna said "I want you to feel that this IS your home away from home".  All very "Texas polite" (really, that means something to me as a native Californian!) and professional.  I remember thinking that SFW staff is on par with the San Francisco St. Regis staff.

The location is super.  Loved that the Stockyards trolley stopped right in front of the hotel!

What happened?  Walls are a bit thin, yes?  I stayed in Concierge Level 1068, a connecting room (will never do that again), and my neighbors in 1070 were hurling horrid, profane words at each other.  So much so, I called down to the front desk.  It was stopped; thank you.

Housekeeping:  overall ok.  But I did keep picking up little shards of glass from the carpet and bathroom.  As well as some sort of cereal snack?  A little lax in the vacuuming?  Why didn't I call down?  I was tired each night, and in the morning forgot.  And really, I should need to tell housekeeping to clean?

Ah, but it was the slowness and lack of self-printing of documents that really surprised me.  In this day of super business-friendly hotels, it would be nice to know that Starwood's properties could keep up.  The SLOW access to the Internet in the rooms was so very frustrating, and did cost me an upgrade on my airplane home.  The front desk did all they could....allowing me to print from the main computer and such, but they agreed it is the NUMBER 1 complaint/issue of SFW hotel guests.

When I saw my final bill ... I was charged for the room, even though I was "on Starwood points".  I called down to the front desk; the young man who took the call didn't know what to do, had to ask someone, and then said "when you check out we'll credit the account"?  Hmmmmm.  As the young lady said, it could have easily been addressed when I called.  She took care of it.

I respectfully suggest upgrading the traveler's Internet experience; business or leisure, we all carry iPads or laptops and smartphones.

Room Tip: Walls are a little thin, so do not stay in a "connecting room".
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your comments. We have hired new housekeepers and have have retrained all of the housekeeping staff. We hope you will come back and stay with us again in the future and see the improvements.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked this hotel as a secrets deal through Hotwire. I got it for around the $70 mark so was pretty pleased with the hotel shuttle service, which was prompt. Friendly check in. Basic rooms but it was a stopover hotel so I was pleased to have a comfortable clean quiet room. I really felt pleased with myself for choosing this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate it. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the service. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Fort Worth.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night for business so I didn't visit the pool, spa, or any other amenities. While the decor is a little dated, it's not a bad place to stay. Beds are comfortable, breakfast was good in the restaurant, and service was fine.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time for writing a review. We are glad we meet your business needs and look forward to your next trip. Please let us kow if there is anything we can assist you with.