“Dated, confused and a little rude....”

Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel
Ranked #30 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
grayson, georgia
“Dated, confused and a little rude....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Just stayed here three nights. Based on the reviews I was pretty apprehensive but the price was nice. Overall o.k. property. Definitely dated in areas. Parts of our room were definitely showing their age. Valet staff were all great and it was nice that we could self-park as we were on the move a lot. The most glaring thing was one evening when my daughter and I returned we saw some snacks set up at the bar. She reached out to grab a small bag of trail mix and a man came running up asking if we were the member of some club. We said no so he told us we could not have any of the food. There was no sign posted anywhere stating that this was an exclusive offering - thought it was like so many other properties that have complimentary snacks in the evening. We were left feeling pretty embarrassed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Melissa S, Owner at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
We are so sorry about the confusion. We will make sure things are marked clearly if there is a special event in the future. We do not want anyone to feel bad about anything during their stay. We hope to see you again.
Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Alamo, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

Note: the Sheraton Fort Worth sent me an email and asked me comment, and even gave me an email address/name to direct my comments. As they did not respond, I decided to post here.

The staff at SFW is wonderful; Miss Donna, the valet, and the front desk.  All courteous and willing to go above and beyond.  As Miss Donna said "I want you to feel that this IS your home away from home".  All very "Texas polite" (really, that means something to me as a native Californian!) and professional.  I remember thinking that SFW staff is on par with the San Francisco St. Regis staff.

The location is super.  Loved that the Stockyards trolley stopped right in front of the hotel!

What happened?  Walls are a bit thin, yes?  I stayed in Concierge Level 1068, a connecting room (will never do that again), and my neighbors in 1070 were hurling horrid, profane words at each other.  So much so, I called down to the front desk.  It was stopped; thank you.

Housekeeping:  overall ok.  But I did keep picking up little shards of glass from the carpet and bathroom.  As well as some sort of cereal snack?  A little lax in the vacuuming?  Why didn't I call down?  I was tired each night, and in the morning forgot.  And really, I should need to tell housekeeping to clean?

Ah, but it was the slowness and lack of self-printing of documents that really surprised me.  In this day of super business-friendly hotels, it would be nice to know that Starwood's properties could keep up.  The SLOW access to the Internet in the rooms was so very frustrating, and did cost me an upgrade on my airplane home.  The front desk did all they could....allowing me to print from the main computer and such, but they agreed it is the NUMBER 1 complaint/issue of SFW hotel guests.

When I saw my final bill ... I was charged for the room, even though I was "on Starwood points".  I called down to the front desk; the young man who took the call didn't know what to do, had to ask someone, and then said "when you check out we'll credit the account"?  Hmmmmm.  As the young lady said, it could have easily been addressed when I called.  She took care of it.

I respectfully suggest upgrading the traveler's Internet experience; business or leisure, we all carry iPads or laptops and smartphones.

Room Tip: Walls are a little thin, so do not stay in a "connecting room".
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Melissa S, Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. We have hired new housekeepers and have have retrained all of the housekeeping staff. We hope you will come back and stay with us again in the future and see the improvements.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked this hotel as a secrets deal through Hotwire. I got it for around the $70 mark so was pretty pleased with the hotel shuttle service, which was prompt. Friendly check in. Basic rooms but it was a stopover hotel so I was pleased to have a comfortable clean quiet room. I really felt pleased with myself for choosing this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate it. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the service. We look forward to seeing you next time you are in Fort Worth.
Flower Mound, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here one night for business so I didn't visit the pool, spa, or any other amenities. While the decor is a little dated, it's not a bad place to stay. Beds are comfortable, breakfast was good in the restaurant, and service was fine.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time for writing a review. We are glad we meet your business needs and look forward to your next trip. Please let us kow if there is anything we can assist you with.
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa for a night in June 2013. The hotel is located right on the main road through the heart of downtown, across the street from the Fort Worth Water Gardens. We opted to valet park the car, since the self-park was in an outdoor lot behind the hotel and the valet was in a covered garage connected to the hotel ($22 for valet versus $15 for self).

Shelby at the front desk quickly and efficiently checked us in. He was friendly and when I mentioned that I hoped our room would be in a quiet floor (there was a graduation ceremony at the convention center that day), he told me that if I had any issues, to let them know and they would make it right for us.

The lobby is a bit smaller and less grandiose than previous Sheraton's I've stayed in. It's nice, but small. We did not have time to check out the spa, pool or most of the other amenities. I never saw the small lobby bar open either. The one good thing is that the elevators are pretty close by the front desk. Our room was on a higher floor, facing the water gardens. I will come right out and say that it likely had not had a furniture update since the Reagan era. The room itself is rather large, although the bath area is inversely very small. We had a king bed, small table with two ottoman/stools, an easy chair and a white lacquered console table upon which sat a flat screen TV. The bed was actually pretty comfortable, firm but not too firm and the pillows, thankfully, were the hypoallergenic kind. We slept rather well in the bed and miraculously, we were not awoken at 8am by housekeeping.

Our room was very clean. The bath was pretty small, but also clean. We did not have any stains or wear on the carpet. Overall, I was actually pretty happy with the cleanliness of the room. Our AC unit also worked very well, something that is important in June Texas...

Yes, this hotel needs a facelift. Yes, if you compare it to the Dallas Sheraton (where I've also stayed), it does come up short in the looks department. However, the location is great and easily accessible to the freeways. And we experienced friendly service during our stay. We would return to the hotel if the price was right.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor facing the water gardens. You'll also get a sunset view and no...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Melissa S, Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your next visit.
Please let us know if there is anything we can assist you with in the future.
Dallas, TX
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Hotel is outdated with poor layout. Rooms need serious updating. Cracked porcelain in tubs, dirty tile in bathroom, old carpet with stains and wear-through areas. Not of Sheraton quality at all. Only thing going for it is location across from Ft. Worth Water Gardens. Room service took over an hour to deliver simple two-item meal at 8:45 pm. Had to call twice and kept getting excuses. Will never go back.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Melissa S, Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We apologize your expectations were not met. We hope you will come back so you can experience the great hospiatality at our hotel.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I will NEVER come back.

Specifically reserved a STANDARD KING SIZE, BED AND BREAKFAST INCLUDED packaged. The moment we got there, the girl told us we didn't have that package and our room was just a standard two queen size bed. I showed her our itinerary number from Expedia, all she could tell us was she didn't know what was going on, there were no king size rooms available but she was able to give us our bed and breakfast package. Called Expedia, stayed on the phone for 30 mins for them to tell us that they talked to the supervisor of the Sheraton and they both didn't know what was going on and they both couldn't do anything about it.

Arrived to our rooms, there was no toilet paper. All of the lights were unplugged and there were blood stains on the sheets. TV didn't work, the lamp on the desk was in need of a new light bulb.

This is by far the WORSE HOTEL I've ever been to! I felt so confident about this hotel because I've stayed at the Sheraton in Dallas and I would've thought the Sheraton in Fort Worth would meet the same expectations! Only thing that was good about this place was the service, as well as the breakfast. Otherwise this place is a damn shame

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz L
Thank you for completing a review. We apologize for the confusion, but we do not offer a bed and breakfast package through Expedia. Also, any reservations made through a third party booking site do not have a guaranteed bed type. We do try to accommodate all requests, but unfortunately, at the time you booked your reservation through Expedia, we were already sold out on King rooms. We did research the room issues and the housekeeping supervisor said he did fix the items in the room.