“Good overall, but could do better”

Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel
Ranked #35 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
New York City, New York
“Good overall, but could do better”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Fort Worth with my family over Thanksgiving weekend. My wife and I booked a club level room which gives you access to a club lounge that has a complimentary continental breakfast each morning, snacks during the day, and appetizers and drinks during happy hour, but when we got up to our floor and went to the lounge it said it would be closed during our entire stay. We thought to ourselves, this is weird, because one we had paid more to be on that floor and have use of the lounge and two because there was never any mention that it would be closed when we booked the room or when we checked in at the front desk. So, we had to call down to the front desk to see what they were going to do to remedy the situation and we had to explain everything to the front desk woman like she didn't know what the club level even was. Finally, she offered to give us vouchers for the breakfast buffet in the restaurant and 1 drink voucher (not even 1 for each of us). This didn't really make up for everything we weren't going to get due to the closed lounge so we had to again visit the front desk later to talk to a supervisor and finally got more drink vouchers and also appetizer vouchers to use at the bar. The rooms were clean and didn't have any problem accept I thought the bed was pretty hard and uncomfortable so I had to reposition a lot throughout the night and I can usually sleep on anything. Also, the air conditioning was pretty loud, but luckily we didn't have to use it much. The hotel was in a good location. Easy walk to Main Street where all the downtown bars and restaurants are located and also right next to the Water Gardens which were nice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over the Water Gardens towards downtown. Much better than the alternative whi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Melissa S, Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations. I apologize for the confusion with the Club Lounge. We hope you will come back and give us another chance to experience the Club Lounge, Please let me know when you come back so I can assist you.
Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Texas
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Pros- great location, close enough to walk to the attractions downtown but far enough away it is quiet and there is self parking available, bed was really comfortable, every staff member I encounter was very friendly

Cons-bathroom in room was very small, cleanliness was not great; a few stains on the duvet cover, inside of toilet was dirty, toilet paper holder not stable.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review. We always use feedback for retraining and improving the hotel. Please come back and give us another chance - we would love to see you again. Please let me know if there is anything I can assist you with in the future.
Edmond, Oklahoma
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My granddaughter and I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel while in Fort Worth for an overnight Christmas trip. The hotel staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. EVERYONE we came in contact with was pleasant. Our room (and the rest of the hotel) was bright and clean and quiet (it was the middle of the week). Molly the Trolley has a stop at the hotel so we could easily and cheaply (free!) get to downtown FW. The snack bar has the best Cobb salad ever! It's right across from the Water Gardens which is a great place to stroll or run.

Room Tip: We had a higher floor and it was quiet...this was the middle of the week though.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your wonderful review! We are thrilled your grandaughter had such a great experience and we hope to see you and your family soon!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Let me start by saying that this was a Living Social deal.. I had read some not so great reviews so I wasn't expecting a lot and I was very pleasantly surprised. Based on the previous reviews there must have been considerable remodeling done recently because I was really impressed (and I"m not so easily impressed).. The lobby was beautiful, rooms were spacious, and bed was comfy. Looked to be a nice bar too (i'm preggers so couldn't partake). The only slight downside was the location. If you're not in town for a convention and intend on going out downtown you'll definitely want to grab a cab or drive (parking is difficult to find downtown so I'd recommend a cab). The water garden across the street is really cool too, you literally just walk across the street and you'r there. oh, and good breakfast buffet too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks so much for the great feedback! We are so pleased you enjoyed the Living Social promotion and the hotel. We look forward to seeing you again. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to assist with an upcoming trip.
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

They've done a decent job of keeping the room decor up to date. The lobby is modern and comfortable but oddly arranged. Staff was very courteous and the highlight of our stay. Unfortunately, the location of this hotel is not near its downtown nightlife. They do provide a free shuttle, however. Due to being so close to the freeway and railways, it was not a quiet stay at all. The walls are paper thin and we easily heard full conversations of our neighbors, among other things. The layout of the room was odd; very spatious corner suite, but no way to move the TV so you can see it from the bed due to the bedposts. The bathroom was also very small compared to the size of the room. Breakfast was mediocre, but service hard to come by, albeit very friendly. Not bad for the price of the room overall.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. We always appreciate feedback. I apologize for the noise issues you experienced but am thrilled the staff demonstrated what Texas Hospitality is and took good care of you.
We hope to see you again and will put you on a higher floor.
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed Nov. 24, 2012 and again on Nov. 27, 2012. Great employees, very helpful and friendly, from the van drivers to the restaurant staff. Front desk staff, wonderful, especially Verlilah! Loved my suite upgrade on my first visit. Nice club lounge and very attentive hostess!

Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your great review! It's fantastic you had such a great stay and got to experience the Texas Hospitality our staff is known for. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dallas
Reviewed November 27, 2012

If I need a place to stay because I want to spend the night in Fort Worth, this place usually pops up when bidding on Priceline. And usually with Priceline, you get the lowest quality place within a category. This fits the bill. It looks older, outdated, and service is very average. Even the rates I pay on priceline, I don't think this hotel is worth it. I rather stay at a Hilton Garden Inn or something like that. And I don't understand why they feel they can throw 'Spa' into the title of the place. That doesn't look like much of a Spa.

Don't come her if you are looking for something more than just a place to sleep. It's very.....MEH. Shop around and pick a different place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Melissa S, Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. I apologize if we did not meet your expectations. We do have a full spa that offers more than 60 services with everything from massage to facials to nail services. They also offer spa packages for wedding parties or getaways for groups and couples massage.