“Missed the mark!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Texas
“Missed the mark!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

This hotel is all about the location!

The beds are comfortable, but so are La Quinta, Comfort Inns etc.

The lobby is spacious and has the potential of an upscale hotel, but barely makes it. False starts all over.

The rooms are average with small flat screens, old shower curtains, cracked porcelain tubs?? I think, poor sound quality televisions, and the food is just ho hum. The airconditioner is too loud, to really have a restful sleep.

Business center though is planned out though for those who are carrying their gear and those with no techno gear. Kudos on that one.

The restaraunt is dark and uninviting needs a complete make over to lighten up the place.

During our stay the breakfast was, cold, cold, cold. They were limited on their staffing, but even so, there really was no excuse with warmers all about!

I don't know what the other hotels has to offer in comparison, but shop around before paying more then a buck for this one.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank persaude
JCrosierFortWorth, Director of Sales at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
Dear Persuade,

Thank you so much for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations, we certainly value your opinion and are grateful for the constructive feedback.

We are currently in the process of updating our televisions and bath tubs, we also just changed our restaurant concept. We are continuously working to enhance our hotel and to make sure each of our guests has a positive experience at the Sheraton Fort Worth.

I do hope that you will give us another try.

John Crosier
Director of Group Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
ft. Worth, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2012

The staff at this hotel is one of the best in Fort Worth. Everyoine was great from the Valet to the front desk. The lobby was clean as were the staff. They were pretty busy due to the police convention that was at the Convention Center across the street, but the front dest staff acknowleged my arrival before they could even wait on me. The room had a great view of downtown Fort Worth and we were able to walk from the hotel to almost everywere we needed to go.

The Valet's were very fast at retreiving our car, as well.

Room Tip: Hopefully Jassma Manuel will be at the front desk when you get there. You should ask for her. She...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jerry L, Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
Thanks for a great five-star review!

We're so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Yes we were a bit busy that week, but I'm glad we made you feel at home and took care of you quickly. And thank you for your kudos for Jassma - she is certainly one of our most valued members of the Sheraton Fort Worth team.

I see you're from right here in Fort Worth - we hope you'll stop by and see us again soon.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

The Sheraton is an elegant, well-maintained hotel. My only problem with it is that the water tastes so bad you cannot even make coffee with it. Same water quality in the restaurant on first floor. I mentioned this to the restaurant staff and was told a filter was installed. The water tastes like ammonia.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for staying with us! We certainly work extremely hard to make sure our hotel works great and that everything is in the best working condition possible.

I'm certainly sorry to read about a less-than-good taste with our water. Yes, we do filter our water. The water itself comes straight from the City of Fort Worth.

We hop you'll stay with us again soon!
Ft. Worth TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2012

To all,

I have traveled to many locations on business for the DoD but no where have I been treated so well. When I first arrived my luggage was taken to my room. A the first person I met at the desk was Autrey Lewis. She greeted me with a smile each and every time I passed the desk. We I arrived I was the only team member staying at the here and she helped me locate the rest of my team. She was the friendliest but all of the employees from the front desk to the wait staff at every breakfast provided the best customer service I could have received even in Dallas I was not treated as well. Thanks again, I am planning a trip for me and my wife and you are #1.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for staying with us while here in Fort Worth, and for your great kudos to Autrey; you're absolutely right about her smile - it's infectious!

And thank you for your great comments on our staff - you won't find a better example of old fashioned Southern hospitality than right here in Fort Worth at the Sheraton.

We hope you and the Mrs. will come to visit us for a staycation again soon!
Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2012

We got this on Priceline for $125 a night, wish I had just picked a hotel and spent a little more. It was essentially ok, but the staff all seemed a little lackadaisical, from the bartender in Shula's to the Valets. The bed was a bit uncomfortable, but the room seemed clean.

I would pick something closer to downtown next time.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for staying with us and providing us your honest feedback.

I was sorry to read that you found our staff lackadaisical. We have a very dedicated team of individuals who love to be here and love to serve our guests. And I have to admit we don't often hear complaints about our Sheraton SweetSleeper beds, which are the same in every Sheraton throughout the country.

We certainly hope you'll give us another chance in the future.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

This was our first visit and overnight stay in Fort Worth. We stayed here in May of 2012. We are 2 adults with 2 kids ages 10 and 12. One major plus was that our reservation included the "Club Lounge" which consisted of an exclusive area for free breakfast and snacks/drinks in the evening. The evening food was good and served as our supper, consisting of bacon cheeseburger sliders, buffalo wings, cheese and fruit platter, veggie tray, wine, sodas, etc. Another thing we really enjoyed was the indoor heated pool and hot tub. I've been to countless hotels that have a "heated" indoor pool that is still freezing cold, but this pool really was heated...not too much, but just right. The room was nice and clean, and the lobby had numerous lovely sitting areas. It's also nice that "Molly the Trolley" picks you up right outside the hotel for a free ride to Sundance Square. The only downside I really could see was the hotel parking. It cost $22 a night for the indoor garage, $15 a night for the fenced outside parking, or if you are lucky, you can park along the side of the street at a parking meter (free on weekends). All in all, we had a great time here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We're so glad that your family enjoyed their time with us!

It's great that you found a great hidden gem of our hotel - our Club Level rooms, which for a small additional charge gets you a room on our Club Level with access to our Club Lounge, offering complimentary breakfast in the morning, hors d'oeuvres, beer and wine in the evenings. And our newly re-furnished indoor pool is certainly not to be missed - mildly heated for optimal swimming temperature and a heated-just-right hot tub to relax in.

We hope that if your next family vacation brings you through Fort Worth that you'll stay with us again!
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

Conference selected hotel and what a disappointment. The entrance and lobby are the first clue to experience. Cement, boxy, no decor, 70's style (not in a trendy way). Feels like you're entering through the basement.
The rooms are ok but you can tell it was just cosmetic upgrades. The tub and chaulking are old with new vanities. Not pleasant stay at all.
Nothing was wrong or bad but it wasn't a good experience AND its very expensive.
The valet staff were great!!! It's across from the convention center but on the old end of town.

Room Tip: don't stay there. try the omni a few blocks down. cheaper and luxurious. take the mollie troll...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JCrosierFortWorth, Director of Sales at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Dear abst14,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and for taking the time to write a review. I want to apologize for your negative experience. We recently came under new management and are working on updating all of the bathtubs. We are also in the process of updating the lobby.

I hope the next time you are in Fort Worth you will give us another try, and once again thank you for the constructive feedback.

All the best,