“The facilities were more than lacking...I'd never go back given the other options in the area.”

Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel
Ranked #33 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Upon check-in, our room thermostat read 83 degrees. We assumed it was because we'd just arrived so we lowered the temperature and left for dinner. Three hours later, it was still 83 degrees. Maintenance came (10:00 p.m.) to work on it - during which time we also realized the TV didn't work (was wired wrong) and did the best they could to fix the a/c unit...at 2 a.m. I woke up drenched in sweat with the thermostat reading 78. On Saturday, we changed rooms...much better. Wouldn't have been so bad if the other 2 couples we were traveling with didn't also have a VERY similar experience with their room.

At check-out I asked for a discount...I got $50 off of a $279 room that had no a/c or TV. Sounds less than fair and/or accomodating...so on that note, we won't go back. EVER.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
SFWGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Dear MandMDavis,

thank you very much for taking your time to post a review of your recent stay with us and please accept my apologies for the room deficiencies you had to discover.

The company I represent just assumed management of the Sheraton Fort Worth last month and we are diligently working on fixing a number of items we inherited, such as some of the A/C units.

Should your travels bring you back to Fort Worth in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly so that I can make all necessary reservations and ensure that your next visit to our hotel is much smoother than your first one.

Thanks again for your feedback and best regards,

Peter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed here over the weekend and we weren't that impressed. The walls were pretty thin and our bathroom was tiny!

Located at the end of the dt area and parking was fairly expensive. Decent place to stay but nothing great.

• Stayed August 2011
SFWGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear VTbrooklyn04,

Thank you for your feedback. Comments such as yours are very important to us, although unfortunately the size of the bathrooms can not be modified at this time. As far as our parking prices go we make sure that they are very much in line with what other downtown Ft. Worth hotels charge.

We are all working very hard to make the Sheraton a great place to stay and the fact that you feel that we are decent but not quite great will add extra incentive to everyone's efforts.

We hope to welcome you back at some point in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

I picked this hotel based upon a previous Sheraton hotel and this hotel was a slight disappointment. The lobby is very nice looking. Once you get to the rooms, you can tell they are old. The bathroom was the most telling. When I turned on the water, at first, it was completely rusty!!

The front desk staff was not very friendly and didnt seem to want to help me with a late check out the next day.

The hotel is at the opposite end from Sundance Square and not really walkable. It is right across the street from the water garden.

• Stayed July 2011
SFWGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2011
Dear Agjess122,

thank you for posting your comments on tripadvisor.com. Feedback such as yours is tremendously important to all of us here so that we can continue to improve our operation. I was sorry to hear that you experienced some items that were not right. Please accept my apologies and be assured that we will be ready for you when you return to Fort Worth. Next time you are here try getting to Sundance Square by walking through the Water Garden. The walk is quite short that way and certainly very pleasant.

Thanks again for staying with us and for your comments.

Dallas
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Pros: Well renovated facility, pool & restaurant.

Cons: Zero house-keeping and customer service deplorable.

- I asked for extra coffee & tea condiments to be brought to my room at 3pm, then again at 5pm, then again at 10pm, then again at 11am the following day. Finally got them at 11.35am!! 25min from check-out! How is this acceptable! HOW?

- When I got to hotel, I could not log into their wireless internet, so I called the front-desk who then transferred me to their tech-support center. Well, internet problem was resolved 30min later but would you know they charges me $50 for that call! Now, I'm pretty sure I am going to get the $ back but why have me go through something so avoidable? Seriously, in a Sheraton??

What worries me more is that the 2/3 times I've book rooms on priceline.com for a 3.5 star hotel in a major city, I end up at a Sheraton and both times, they've managed to leave a sour taste in my mouth!

Good luck to you if you actually opt to stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
SFWGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Dear thomas1t,

I was terribly sorry to hear about your disappointment with your recent stay at the Sheraton Fort Worth. I have addressed your comments with the respective departments and we will use your feedback to improve our operation.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally should I be able to assist you in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 10, 2011

This hotel has everything you would need, but a little pricey. Definitely great service and accommodating.

• Stayed March 2011
Dear HotelDeal,

thank you for posting your review of the Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel and Spa. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay back in March.

Should your travels bring you back to Fort Worth I sincerely hope that you will make the Sheraton your home away from home again. Please let me know if I can ever be of any asisstance.

Tyler, Texas
Reviewed August 7, 2011

It was listed for $159 a night on Sheraton website and got it for $69 on priceline. Self-Parking $12 extra. Room was clean and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Dear RealReview67,

thank you for sharing your thoughts on our hotel on tripadvisor. I am very happy that you received such a good value and thank you for sharing your comments online.

Best regards and we hope to have you as a guest again soon.

amp389
Reviewed July 30, 2011

This hotel was extremely beautiful, but there were issues from the moment I tried to check in. The reservation was mixed up, and the girls I shared my room with arrived at different times, so they cancelled my room key when the last two girls showed up. They also never checked us in on their computer system, and it wasn't until all four of us went down to figure it out together that they finally got the correct names and information from us. They charged my credit card more than twice the amount they originally gave me the receipt for, although that was finally resolved. I never got an apology for their mistake of running my card incorrectly - all that was said was that my refund should go through eventually. This hotel is RIGHT next to the convention center.... shouldn't they be used to accommodating large groups of people, and prepared for those high volume times?

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business