“Ok stay here” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Mineral Wells, Texas
“Ok stay here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2011

My wife and I are travel agents and have to say it was an ok stay the room was very nice but the bathroom was very small compared to other 3 to 4 stars chain. The other problems was at check in the clerk that we had was not very friendly. We also had to carry our bell cart up to our room not what we expected for a hotel that is as nice. We also called down to see if we could get some one to pick up the cart and never got an answer all three times that we called. Now the spa was awesome according to my wife best service in the whole hotel. The restaurant needs help. But overall we really enjoyed ourselves will stay here again for the spa

• Stayed May 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SFWGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, June 4, 2011
Hello and thanks for letting us know how your stay went with us. While I am very pleased that you enjoyed our hotel overall and our world class spa, I regret that we did not have a bellperson to assist you with your luggage. We should have called someone to assist and I will make sure to reiterate this point to my fornt office staff. We are certainly a first class hotel and strive to do our very best to ensure our guest's happiness and well being. Pleas elet me know when you are coming to Fort Worth again and I will personally make surethat your room and reservations are taken care of. rharrison@sheratonfortworth.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Berkeley
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2011

First night of our stay the maid service was first rate. The room was spotless. Night two: no maid service, no fresh towels - no nothing. We left the room at noon and returned dead tired at 10:30 pm to find the room EXACTLY as we left it. Not in a mood to make a fuss we just reused the wet towels rolled up on the floor. Expect special star wood preferred guest treatment? Not here- absolutely no special extras: No newspaper, crappy low floor room facing freeway overpass (despite very low occupancy). Want to buy a paper? Not at this hotel. The one positive was free Internet in the room and a reasonable room rate.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank BerkeleyTravelAddict
I want to thank you for letting us know how you feel about your recent stay with us. Though your review of our service was less than flattering, I will use your comments to find out what happened and work with my team to make sure that we do not have a room cleaning issue like this in the future. I am truly sorry that we did not service your room on the second day of your stay and I do hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to show you why we we have hundreds of very loyal customers. At the Sheraton Fort Worth Hotel & Spa, we pride ourselves in our ability to keep our customers happy and wanting to return again and agian. The next time you are coming to Fort Worth, please reach out to me personally at rharrison@sheratonfortworth.com and I will make sure your stay is an excellent experience. Thanks again!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

Staff was the friendliest and most accommodating group with whom I've ever stayed. We hald a reunion there, and every attendee was amazed at the attidtude and job that the entire staff did to make our event enjoyable and a total success.

• Stayed April 2011
Ribble Valley, Lancs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

Stayed here just for 1 night in January - used priceline for 2 rooms. Both rooms had 2 queen beds and were at the back of the hotel over looking the train line.
We had checked in following 2 flights from the UK so we were exhausted. One of the rooms on arrival had not been made up since the previous guests and we had to call down to reception, who offerred us another room but couldnt get us 2 rooms next door to eachother which we required so we had someone come up and clean the other room. Unfortunately they didnt speak english. Caused us an unwelcome delay as we were depressate for some sleep.

The rooms were very clean, had a great large tv and the bathrooms were spotless. We had to call down to get some extra shampoo and they brough some right up. We used the free internet in the lobby to email home to say we had arrived safely and it was fast with plenty of spare PCs. We also ate in the restuarant for breakfast and they had a deal on - all you can eat for 10 dollars i think including coffee. This is excellent as it meant we got up at 6 (still on UK time!) and could go down for breakfast which had a really NICE and helpful chef doing eggs - i think he said he was from europe too. There was cereals and fruit, breads everything you could want. great service and we didnt have to venture outside to look for somewhere.

There was a dance competition on at the hotel during our stay but we had no noise apart from the trains - maybe ask for a room at the front :)
We also used the beautiful indoor pool and it was warm and very clean. towels provided too!

Very happy overall - a couple of minor tweaks but we would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Just one thing was that we filled in a form to join the rewards programme to recieve offers etc by email but never recieved anything since.

Also we thought the parking was a bit expensive - especially for 2 cars, maybe the hotel could do a deal if you have 2 or more cars?

overall - very happy visit to fort worth!

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room :)
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2011

Place was god. Found someone's half full Starbucks cup on the bathroom counter when I checked in but otherwise it was good. Free internet and great location.

• Stayed April 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SFWGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2011
Thank you very much for your candid review of our property. I regret that your room was not fully cleaned when you checked in as we do strive for the best cleanliness standards in the area. Should you be returning to Fort Worth in the future, please reach out to me personally and I will make sure you get a free upgrade.
Grand Prairie, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2011

We stayed at the Sheraton last night to celebrate my brother in laws 30th birthday in downtown Fort Worth. I used Pricleline's Name Your Own Price feature, and the Sheraton was the hotel that was chosen for us. So I was lucky enough to not have to pay full price to stay there. I could not imagine staying there for the prices that they charge. The bathroom was just about the smallest hotel bathroom I have ever been in and the beds were lumpy and hard. The nightstand had some sort of sticky residue all over it. When we checked into the hotel, the woman treated us like we were trash and it seemed like she tried to get us away from the desk as quickly as possible. We had to pay $19 for valet parking. We chose that over the $12 self parking price. I know that there are worse places to stay, but it just seems like with the price you pay, it would meet higher expectations. I would not stay there again, because I feel like I could find somewhere else to stay for the same amount of money.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Fort Worth. I am disappointed that you did not receive the warm, welcoming service that our SHeraton is known for. I can assure you that I take your concerns very seriously and I will address them with our front office and housekeeping staff. We do strive for friendly, caring service at our hotel and I do hope that you will give our hotel another try next time you are in town. Please contact me directly when you make your next reservation at our hotel and I will personally attend to your reservation. Again, Thank You.
New York, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for an event happening at the convention center. I have Gold Status with SPG and expected the pleasant room I'm accustomed to when I stay at a Sheraton. While checking in, I was told there was "Nooo way" I was getting a King bed... And that "I was lucky I had a room with the Cheerleading Competition here" (I did have a reservation?).
The room was old, and the bathroom was in need to maintained; the bathtub paint (yes, paint?) was peeling and the mirror was dirty. I called down and was told there were no other rooms available. I asked where the rest of my group was going to be placed when they checked in later in the day- in lieu of answering; I was told that maintenance would be sent to address my concerns. I went to lunch. When I returned my mirror had been wiped down and the paint seemed to be scrapped off of the tub.

Later in the evening (9pm) the cheerleaders where practicing in the hall. With the extra large gaps under the door, it was very loud... Around 11pm, I called down to ask the front desk, and was told they would send someone up. At 11:30, I called again. At 11:45 I called again and was told that maintenance had come up and reported no one was in the hallway. I held my phone up and asked if they could hear the yelling (they could), and they said that the adults should be keeping the kids quiet. The adults were in the hallway with the kids... I called SPG customer service and they called the hotel... Finally, the kids were moved to the lobby.
Restaurant also closed at 11pm- far too early for a business hotel though it's better to leave the hotel, food wasn't great.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
SFWGM, General Manager at Sheraton Fort Worth Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
I want to thank you for your feedback. Our hotel was recently re-opened in July 2008 after a $50 Million dollar renovation of all guest rooms, meeting space, restaurant and lobby. I can assure you that the service you experienced is not typical of our normal, acceptable service delivery and we are using these comments as a training tool for our team. Again, thank you for your comments.