“Solo, solo, solo!”

Ranked #69 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Solo, solo, solo!”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I can't stress enough that extended stay hotels are apartment type suites geared for students or business people who need accommodation for a week or a month etc. That said, they do sell off rooms on Express Deals for cheap. I've never seen a child or couple ... Strictly solo. This suite was large, too large for my two nights but appropriately so for an extended stay. The grab and go breakfast is very basic: coffee, oatmeal bars, muffins and a piece of fruit. There were laundry facilities that cost approx $5 load. The linens were clean but low thread-count, pillow was lumpy, room was adequately clean except... I kept wondering why my feet were so dirty then realized it was the carpeting. VERY dirty. From then on I wore shoes in the suite but was disappointed. That said these are 2star accommodation at bargain prices on Priceline so I acquiesced. Were I paying the prices people checking in and phoning in for quotes paid? I'd have demanded a refund. No maid service here - turn in old linen for new at the front desk. Really self sufficiency style suites.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank gracecame

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Reviewed August 23, 2013

All the comforts of home.

The laundry room is kinda pricey. ($2/wash, $2/dry) I spent $10 to wash & dry 2 small loads of clothes. There's a pool we went to everyday. Flat screens in the room and a lovely kitchen with a dishwasher.

The staff was very friendly and attentive. I would definitely stay again. Especially if I can get that Priceline rate!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed the in-room kitchen and our onsite pool. As well, I am happy to read that all the staff you encountered were attentive to you and your families needs.

If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at fwc@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you're in the area.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Great deal from priceline for a 4 night stay. Love the area, with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby and convenient freeway access. Rooms are well equipped with full kitchen. However, facility definitely below standards of other close hotels. Sheets, towels and blankets thin. We got locked in our room the first night by broken deadbolt. Bathroom sink ran continuously, curtains wouldn't close properly. Significant cigarette odor in hallways. Definitely had some security concerns as noticed exterior doors propped open on several occasions and front desk frequently unattended. Okay for the price we paid, but definitely not worth rack rate.

Stayed August 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
The Staff and I read your comments and would like to apologize that he sheets, towels and blankets did not meet your expectations. As well, I am sorry for the maintenance issues you had in your room. We are working to repair these items as soon as possible. In the future, if you should choose to stay with us again, please let us know immediately if there are any issues with the room, that way we can address them in a timely fashion. Still, I am glad that you liked our location and the in-room kitchen.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope that you will try us again in the near future.
Salem, Oregon, United States
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great value for the price! Super friendly staff. Very comfortable room and location was good. Spent 5 weeks here without a problem. The only draw backs were, the bed could have been better, and the sheets did not fit tight. The kitchen is sparsely equipped and the noise level got loud when a ball team checked.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
My staff and I read your review and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive on making “Our Guests” feel at home while they are away from their homes. We are pleased that you thought that the staff was friendly. We apologize that the bed comfort, the sheets, the kitchen, and the noise level were not to your, nor our, standards. We value this feedback as we continually strive to improve. We sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again if you are in the area. Thanks again!
fort worth
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked this hotel using Priceline. Surprise, surprise! This is a good and cheap place to stay.
Pros:
Friendly personnel.
Nice and cozy room, fully equipped for 4 adults.
Well located for conveniences.
Quiet.
Comfy pillows.

Cons:
The mattress. It was very noisy. Every time I turned I woke up.

Room Tip: To improve your experience: If you don't smoke, make sure to ask for a room in the first floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Andy - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great remarks about our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your cozy room, fully equipped in-room kitchen, convenient location and friendly staff. Still, I apologize that the bedding was slightly uncomfortable.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We are always striving to "Wow" our guests in every way. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Don't expect glamour and luxury. This is a hotel geared for those who are happy with a clean room and friendly staff. Very functional and well located for conveniences. The halls tend to smell with the garbage but it was very hot when we stayed. Workout room is small but clean and functional. Grab and go is exactly as it says!! Fruit, granola bars, oatmeal and coffee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am very happy that you found your room to be clean and the staff to be friendly. It is extremely pleasing to hear that our staff did an excellent job in providing great customer service. Still, I would like to apologize that the smell of the halls were not to your standards. We do have Air Neutralizers located throughout the hallways on every floor to help neutralize these, but we will look into finding additional ways we can eliminate any smells moving forward.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Car was broken into. 2 windows busted out. Mgr was unsympathetic /not helpful. Room smelled, things broken in bathroom. Room never serviced. Bed was hard as rock. Only decent things were: area very nice, staff nice except mgr.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. The situation you described regarding your windows being broken on your vehicle is truly regrettable. If you would like to file a claim, I will be more than happy to go over the process with you. You can contact me directly, at fwc@extendedstay.com.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.