Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest
Ranked #68 of 111 Hotels in Fort Worth
Salem, Oregon, United States
“Great Deal”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great value for the price! Super friendly staff. Very comfortable room and location was good. Spent 5 weeks here without a problem. The only draw backs were, the bed could have been better, and the sheets did not fit tight. The kitchen is sparsely equipped and the noise level got loud when a ball team checked.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
My staff and I read your review and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive on making “Our Guests” feel at home while they are away from their homes. We are pleased that you thought that the staff was friendly. We apologize that the bed comfort, the sheets, the kitchen, and the noise level were not to your, nor our, standards. We value this feedback as we continually strive to improve. We sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again if you are in the area. Thanks again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
fort worth
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I booked this hotel using Priceline. Surprise, surprise! This is a good and cheap place to stay.
Pros:
Friendly personnel.
Nice and cozy room, fully equipped for 4 adults.
Well located for conveniences.
Quiet.
Comfy pillows.

Cons:
The mattress. It was very noisy. Every time I turned I woke up.

Room Tip: To improve your experience: If you don't smoke, make sure to ask for a room in the first floor...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Andy - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such great remarks about our hotel. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your cozy room, fully equipped in-room kitchen, convenient location and friendly staff. Still, I apologize that the bedding was slightly uncomfortable.

Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We are always striving to "Wow" our guests in every way. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Don't expect glamour and luxury. This is a hotel geared for those who are happy with a clean room and friendly staff. Very functional and well located for conveniences. The halls tend to smell with the garbage but it was very hot when we stayed. Workout room is small but clean and functional. Grab and go is exactly as it says!! Fruit, granola bars, oatmeal and coffee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am very happy that you found your room to be clean and the staff to be friendly. It is extremely pleasing to hear that our staff did an excellent job in providing great customer service. Still, I would like to apologize that the smell of the halls were not to your standards. We do have Air Neutralizers located throughout the hallways on every floor to help neutralize these, but we will look into finding additional ways we can eliminate any smells moving forward.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Car was broken into. 2 windows busted out. Mgr was unsympathetic /not helpful. Room smelled, things broken in bathroom. Room never serviced. Bed was hard as rock. Only decent things were: area very nice, staff nice except mgr.

• Stayed May 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. The situation you described regarding your windows being broken on your vehicle is truly regrettable. If you would like to file a claim, I will be more than happy to go over the process with you. You can contact me directly, at fwc@extendedstay.com.

We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The place just seems shoddy and dark with dated decor. The halls smell of disinfectant. The room had a small kitchen with a queen size bed, but the mattress was very hard and uncomfortable. I had asked for a room on an upper floor and got one on the first floor. Nothing in the way of breakfast was offered. The room was very warm and stuffy when I first walked in. It is also difficult to find--the directions on the web site were vague and not useful. There were only 2 towels in the bathroom, and if you needed more, you had to take the used towels to the front desk. There is no luggage rack in the room but adequate closet space. It is a bit cheaper than other hotels in the area but definitely not worth the few dollars saved. It is close to a lot of shopping and restaurants, though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this review, January 21, 2013

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences.

I noticed that you mentioned there being no breakfast offered. We do serve a complimentary Grab and Go breakfast Monday through Friday mornings from 6:30 until 9:00. I will also alert my Maintenance Staff of this room and make sure the air conditioner is working properly. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

Homewood, Illinois
Reviewed October 29, 2012

For starters the place smells like urine from the moment you enter the hallway. 2nd at night time there is nobody working front counter. My teenage daughter and I were out two evenings for a Cowboys game and concert and both times we arrived back accordian style plastic thing closed of front desk. Very desolate and scary walking back into the hotel where anyone could be walking the hallways. Fire alarm was set off and was not turned off for over an hour. Front desk said they didn't know how to turn it off. Hurt our ears so we had to leave. Thank God it was on my last day that I saw the cock roach who decided to take the elevator with us. Big, ugly and not afraid to be out in the open. I had hoped it was a beetle but since he stuck around for the ride down to the urine infested lobby I had seen it was a roach for sure. Verry unsafe at night time especially for women and children. This was not a 2 and 1/2 star hotel. It was a dump. Stayed 4 nights late Sept. beginning October. Yuck.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
bbrauss, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Worth - Southwest, responded to this review, November 2, 2012

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. When you did check in, unfortunately our hotel had a fire sprinkler system emergency causing our alarms to activate. Because of this issue, our system did flood some of the areas on the first floor causing for the smell. This has since been repaired. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff.

Fot Worth tx
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Ive been in a lot of hotels in my time but this is it .If ya need them there here for you they will go out of the way to help you out.Chase the maint man is real good he gets it fixed then he doesnt wait till ya leave tike other hotels do.Just come and see .to the Extendedstay Hotel in City view in Forth Worth tx

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Fort Worth - City View. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring