“Spacious room, but laid out a little weird”

Hyatt Place Fort Worth Cityview
Ranked #4 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed September 20, 2010

This is about the 5th place I've stayed in while visiting Fort Worth. I'm trying to find the right blend of price, space, and location, while also taking advantage of the previous Trip Advisor recommendations. This one came highly recommended. I also like the Hyatt brand, so I thought I would try it. I agree with previous posters that the staff is friendly and accommodating. They also greet you warmly each time you return. The room I stayed in had 2 doubles and a couch. I found the layout odd, since there was no door separating the bedroom from the desk/living area. The TV spanned both rooms and the sink and mirror was across the way from the 2 beds. The bathroom itself was small and since we had to change clothes there, it was tight. The room has been partially refurbished - great TV and sink areas, including the bar area in the living area. The carpets were not worn, but on bare feet felt a little sticky. The bathroom (tub/shower) was older, and the air conditioner was also an older looking model. My bed was not firm enough (although others have said theirs were too firm-go figure.) Noise level was good - couldn't hear anything outside our room. The location was good - we were visting TCU, and there was a Target very close as well as numerous restaurants. If I were staying by myself, I would like it a lot, but with others where a little privacy is needed, the layout was not ideal. I've stayed at The Staybridge (on west side), the Embassy downtown, one of the Holiday Inns (coverted one near Lancaster), and the Best Western on the west side of town. Of these, I liked the Staybridge for the best layout (and newness) - the drive was only about 10 minutes more to TCU than from this Hyatt. The Staybridge had better breakfast - including hot food for no extra (here at the Hyatt the hot food was extra - and I was in a hurry, so only pastries were available.) The Embassy had the best food, but it is a lot pricier and you also have to pay for parking. All of these comparisons are easily made by all of you savvy travelers - I just wanted to put in my two cents to assure you that you are correct. The Best Western does have the best price, and it is clean, but I could hear through the walls, which is a deal breaker for me. So, to sum up, if you are a business traveler, this is a very good place to stay. If you have multiple members of the family, it is spacious, but not laid out all that well.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 21, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights. First, it was easy to find off the highway... so no issues there. We booked on hotwire, so the rate was excellent for the quality of the hotel. We had a room with a king bed and couch, which was perfect for us. The TV is HUGE - nice plus. The front staff was very helpful with information about local restaurants and such. The pool was a big hit with the kids as well.

The only downside was that while there are several things on the breakfast, there wasn't much that my son really liked. Every morning there was yogurt, cereal, toast, etc... There were biscuits and gravy one morning, which I liked!

This is our second time to stay at a Hyatt Place, and it was very similar to the one we stayed in last summer in Cincinnatti. Nice to have consistency in hotel chains.

I would definitely recommend this hotel - nice, clean, updated, breakfast, easy access!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2010

My family stayed here as a last resort after leaving another hotel due to filthy conditions. After what we had just experienced this hotel was heaven! The room was extremely spacious and VERY clean. It had a a huge television, nice sized kitchenette, and large couch which was great with teenagers. Beds were plush and staff was amazing. They went out of their way to ensure that our stay was comfortable. Overall, this was a clean, comfortable hotel in a nice area of town. We will definitely be staying here anytime we're in Fort Worth.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I traveled on business the first week of May. The hotel was nice. Great view, clean, good food in the morning for a hotel. The staff however could use some improvements. I do not ask for much when it comes to service. However, they seemed preoccupied every time I was at the front desk. They also did not seem to care about me as a customer.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We stayed here for a college visit to TCU (Texas Chrisitian) for my daughter. The room was beautiful - it was clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and accomodating. The wi-fi worked well, and the 42" LCD TV was a nice surprise. The room had a separate couch/business area. My daughter even commented about how really, really nice this hotel was. The continental breakfast was good with fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, and toast/bagels. You could tell the hotel staff had pride in their hotel as they carefully tended the property. I also believe this hotel property is newly built which is one of the reasons why it is so nice.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 30, 2010

We booked 2 rooms for 2 nights and they put us right across from each other...it was SOOOO clean...this is the first time I think I have ever walked on hotel floors with bare feet!!! All of the employees were so nice, when we go back to Ft. Worth, which is often, we will always try and stay here!! OH and the Chocolate Chip Cookies are YUMMY!!! Must have one at Midnight!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2010

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Fort Worth Cityview because it was close to family that live in the area. It was nicely decorated and the staff was very friendley. The only complaint I have, is that the bathroom area was too small. With the sink area outside of the bathroom, it made it hard to get ready while other family members were still sleeping. There was not enough room for our clothing either. Not much in the way of drawer space or a place to put your suitcase. It was very clean and spacious other than the bathroom area.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family