Hyatt Place Fort Worth Cityview
$180
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth North(Fort Worth)(Great Value!)
$84
La Quinta
Omni Fort Worth Hotel(Fort Worth)
$170
Country Inn
$174
$144
Orbitz.com
All reviewssuper targetcity viewshopping and restaurantsoatmealhulen mallmini fridgegreat hotelrooms are spacioussitting areaperfect staytcu campusoutdoor poolbreakfast buffetfresh fruitthe breakfast areawe've stayedconvenient location
Reviewed July 1, 2009

We stayed at the Hyatt Place Fort Worth Cityview in early June 2009 for five nights. The hotel has the standard Hyatt Place brand setup and amenities. After staying in different hotels in and near Fort Worth over the past few years, we chose this hotel based on the Hyatt Brand (which we prefer) and the hotel's general location. The hotel is conveniently located off of I-20 near several shopping centers and restaurants. It is very convenient for accessing TCU, which was our primary destination each morning. It is a quick and easy 10 minutes drive to the campus.

Overall, the stay was nice. The hotel was very quiet. The room size is standard compared to other Hyatt Place locations, with plenty of space for luggage and for relaxing. The room has plenty of electrical outlets for charging electronic equipment. Staff members were very pleasant and always greeted us upon arrival. The self-serve kitchen was well stocked with cereals, yogurts and juices each morning.

Parking is sufficient (but not covered) and the area around the hotel is fenced off and separated from the shopping area and restaurants. Exiting the hotel parking lot requires caution. It is difficult to see cross-traffic as you leave and incoming traffic is typically traveling at fairly fast speeds. Don't make the mistake of pulling out too far or without looking.

The quality of cleaning was lacking. The floors were not cleaned and used glasses were never replaced (despite placing them in obvious locations to indicate they had been used). The television channel selection is somewhat lacking, particular for children. Ceiling in the bathroom is low, particularly when you are in the shower. If you are over 6'4", you will be hitting your head. Be sure to duck!

Overall, we were pleased with this hotel. The cleaning was the biggest disappointment. However, the hotel is quiet and very conveniently located, particularly if you are commuting to TCU. Given the lack of decent options within this area of Fort Worth, we would recommend this hotel and will likely stay again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights, and went back and forth almost daily about whether I liked it or not. So here are the pros and cons:

PROS: the continental breakfast includes fresh cut fruit, cold cereal and good starbucks coffee. The hotel has the typical Hyatt Place modern decor which is awesome. Lighting is very good -- in the lobby, the rooms, and the parking lo9t. The 42" TV is fabulous. The room had a mini-fridge. The hotel is surrounded by many restaurants including a Saltgrass Steakhouse and an IHOP practically in the parking lot, and it is adjacent to a Super Target. The staff with the exception of cleaning were very attentive and quick to help out in anyway.

CONS: The room was not clean. Everything was in place and it looked clean at first glance, but there was hair in the tub, the toilet was not clean, the glasses had not been replaced, and the floor had not been vacuumed. The continental breakfast is skimpy, the area is tiny, and the staff is constantly in the way. The mini-fridge was not working when I arrived and had to be defrosted. My coffee was not replenished 2 days and I had to go to the lobby to get my own. The hair dryer was very low voltage and it took forever to dry my hair (and I have very short hair). The bedding was not the typical fluffy comforter I am used to at Hyatt place, but rather a sort of retro hard bedspread of days gone by. The snacks and quick meals available in the quasi-restaurant in the lobby and very over-priced and just ok quality.

Would I go back? I would if traveling on business because my colleagues really like this place and frequent Hyatt Place pretty much wherever we go. If I was going alone, however, I would look for a different place with a better (hot) breakfast and higher cleaning standards.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2009

We stayed here while visiting from Lubbock, TX for a spring break trip at the Fort Worth Zoo. It's really a great hotel, with wireless access, close proximity to restaurants and a local shopping mall.

The pool was heated and was fun for our family. The lobby and hotel are super nice, and the large flat screen TV's in the room were wonderful. We also really enjoyed having the pull-out sofa bed for our youngest kiddo.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I have stayed at the Hyatt Place for two weeks over the past couple months. Overall, it’s a comfortable business hotel. I enjoy the layout of the rooms (especially for an extended stay) because they are divided into two separate areas. There is a sitting area with a wet bar that is separated from the bed and bath area. The breakfast is nice because you can order warm food or stick to the simple continental airport. Walking distance to the hotel are several good dining options including Saltgrass Steak House, Outback Steak House, Razzoo’s (Cajun – very good with cheap draft beers), Joe’s Pizza and Pasta (great pizza and pasta in very casual setting), and Cousin’s Bar-BQ. And a Target too, which is great for stocking up on water. Overall, I had a great stay and will stay there the next time I am in Fort Worth.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 29, 2009

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place, and I can see why my colleagues are raving about the concept!

The hotel's location is good; it's in a suburban area and surrounded by restaurants, etc. (although many are chains).

My room was great -- huge! The furniture was really comfortable; I had a great desk chair, a nice large desk, a big couch (with rolling ottoman -- much appreciated) and, in the second part of the suite, a comfortable bed (great linens) and bathroom. The decor isn't modern without seeming cold.

I ordered food in the lobby; it was after 10pm. The food came out promptly (within 15 minutes) and tasted great! It's really a great service that you can arrive late and order a simple dinner.

Highly recommended.