“Perfect for weekend getaway with the kids”

Hyatt Place Fort Worth Cityview
Ranked #7 of 114 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We live just outside of the DFW area and decided to go for a stay in Ft Worth and to go see the zoo. First off, I fell in love with the room layout - it was perfect for us as we were traveling with our 10 yr old and 5 month old kids. The rooms are huge and the kids were able to sleep in the front section and feel just far enough away that hubby and I couldn't hear every rustle. Loved that there was a fridge and two sinks. The sectional sofa was huge. Large king bed and they have plenty of pillows in the room, although I'm a pillow hog and they were nice enough to bring 3 more (they were all down pillows and I prefer foam but that pretty minor). Service was prompt (brought pillows in less that 10 min) and everyone we met there was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast area was nice and I thought the food was actually good. Was perfect before we headed to the zoo (which was only a few minutes away). We spent hours in the pool - nice sized; one end is 3-4 feet and the deeper end goes to about 6 ft. Pool area had plenty of great quality towels and comfortable seating and umbrella tables. They had a wonderful discounted room rate when we went so it was a great value. Rooms were extremely quiet. We thought it was all just perfect and look forward to going back.

Room Tip: Request a room on the front side (better view)
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 15, 2011

I liked this place so much that I stayed here twice, once with my young children and once alone. The morning staff was so kind and helpful at breakfast time. I was all alone with 3 very young children and they bent over backwards to help me, even offering to bring me breakfast and coffee when they saw how busy I was getting the kids settled. They had the pack and play all ready to go when we checked in. We were visiting every week due to a dying family member. I had planned to come back a third time but the price went up $50 from one week to the next. The price was no longer reasonable so I am online looking for another hotel. The breakfast buffet isn't great, but my kids were thrilled to be allowed to eat sugary cereal so they were happy. The location is super convenient, it is great to have a Target next door for anything you forget to pack!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank minivanmama3
Reviewed November 3, 2010

My grandson received an invitation to Texas Christian University for an overnight stay and tour of the campus.
Since we would only be in Fort Worth, Tx. for two days, me and my daughter decided to book a room with our favorite hotel, Hyatt Place.
We arrived at this hotel Sunday, 10/24/10 and was very excited because we had stayed at Hyatt Place in Sacramento, Ca., and those seven days were phenomenon.
First of all, the staff was not friendly at the desk, but did give information about daily activities at the hotel.
Second, the hallway that leads to the elevator had a musty odor that lingered all the way to our door.
The room was very clean and well organized, but the pillows were very uncomfortable and the pillowcases were suppose to be white, but had green marks covering the top part. (look like paint).
I remember waking up through the night scratching as if something was biting my skin.
Me and my daughter woke up with neck pain, and I had red bumps on my arm and thigh.
The next morning I went downstairs for breakfast, it was terrible.
I went back upstairs, packed my suitcase and waited until my daughter returned from TCU for check out.
I did have a very nice lunch with my grandson while touring the campus.
This made up for the loss of breakfast.
It is really not a bad hotel, just have some flaws that need improvement.
Maybe this hotel needs Sacramento's staff and management skills.
THINK ABOUT IT!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank jellybean028
Reviewed September 20, 2010

This is about the 5th place I've stayed in while visiting Fort Worth. I'm trying to find the right blend of price, space, and location, while also taking advantage of the previous Trip Advisor recommendations. This one came highly recommended. I also like the Hyatt brand, so I thought I would try it. I agree with previous posters that the staff is friendly and accommodating. They also greet you warmly each time you return. The room I stayed in had 2 doubles and a couch. I found the layout odd, since there was no door separating the bedroom from the desk/living area. The TV spanned both rooms and the sink and mirror was across the way from the 2 beds. The bathroom itself was small and since we had to change clothes there, it was tight. The room has been partially refurbished - great TV and sink areas, including the bar area in the living area. The carpets were not worn, but on bare feet felt a little sticky. The bathroom (tub/shower) was older, and the air conditioner was also an older looking model. My bed was not firm enough (although others have said theirs were too firm-go figure.) Noise level was good - couldn't hear anything outside our room. The location was good - we were visting TCU, and there was a Target very close as well as numerous restaurants. If I were staying by myself, I would like it a lot, but with others where a little privacy is needed, the layout was not ideal. I've stayed at The Staybridge (on west side), the Embassy downtown, one of the Holiday Inns (coverted one near Lancaster), and the Best Western on the west side of town. Of these, I liked the Staybridge for the best layout (and newness) - the drive was only about 10 minutes more to TCU than from this Hyatt. The Staybridge had better breakfast - including hot food for no extra (here at the Hyatt the hot food was extra - and I was in a hurry, so only pastries were available.) The Embassy had the best food, but it is a lot pricier and you also have to pay for parking. All of these comparisons are easily made by all of you savvy travelers - I just wanted to put in my two cents to assure you that you are correct. The Best Western does have the best price, and it is clean, but I could hear through the walls, which is a deal breaker for me. So, to sum up, if you are a business traveler, this is a very good place to stay. If you have multiple members of the family, it is spacious, but not laid out all that well.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights. First, it was easy to find off the highway... so no issues there. We booked on hotwire, so the rate was excellent for the quality of the hotel. We had a room with a king bed and couch, which was perfect for us. The TV is HUGE - nice plus. The front staff was very helpful with information about local restaurants and such. The pool was a big hit with the kids as well.

The only downside was that while there are several things on the breakfast, there wasn't much that my son really liked. Every morning there was yogurt, cereal, toast, etc... There were biscuits and gravy one morning, which I liked!

This is our second time to stay at a Hyatt Place, and it was very similar to the one we stayed in last summer in Cincinnatti. Nice to have consistency in hotel chains.

I would definitely recommend this hotel - nice, clean, updated, breakfast, easy access!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2010

My family stayed here as a last resort after leaving another hotel due to filthy conditions. After what we had just experienced this hotel was heaven! The room was extremely spacious and VERY clean. It had a a huge television, nice sized kitchenette, and large couch which was great with teenagers. Beds were plush and staff was amazing. They went out of their way to ensure that our stay was comfortable. Overall, this was a clean, comfortable hotel in a nice area of town. We will definitely be staying here anytime we're in Fort Worth.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I traveled on business the first week of May. The hotel was nice. Great view, clean, good food in the morning for a hotel. The staff however could use some improvements. I do not ask for much when it comes to service. However, they seemed preoccupied every time I was at the front desk. They also did not seem to care about me as a customer.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business