“Great Location and Nice Rooms”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Worth/medical Center
Ranked #83 of 115 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed June 26, 2008

I stay at this hotel during while traveling to a client in downtown Fort Worth and it was very pleasant. It was also the week of finals for TCU students so most of the coffee shops were full of studying students.

Each night in the lobby there was a different snack/dinner provided by the hotel which I found quite nice for a quick snack. Not sure I would have made a meal out of it.

The beds are small - not quite Queens. They are a little smaller and I was told there was no King Size beds in the hotel. That was kind of a bummer, but not too big of a deal.

Each room had its own Kitchen and flat screen TVs. The office chairs were someone what uncomfortable and the desk in each flat/loft was also shared as the kitchen table.

• Stayed: May 2008

Reviewed March 3, 2008

Residence Inn Fort Worth on University Drive reminded us of a 1970s apartment complex. The office was clean and bright and the breakfast buffet was good, but our room, advertised as a 2 bedroom suite, was actually one bed, upstairs in a loft, and a Murphy bed that had seen its best years long ago. We had to call the front desk to make sure they hadn't miss-booked the room.
Decor was a dark forest green carpet and compact florescent lighting that glared. For this we paid more
than I've paid for a luxury hotel room in the DFW area.

Reviewed January 29, 2007

First of all, I'm a fan of Residence Inns and always try to stay at them when available. This Fort Worth property is a great location - overlooks the zoo and park - there is a little kids train circling the park around the zoo that I could sit out and watch from my balcony. Get a room with a park view if you like this type of thing.

Rooms are a bit tired, but very clean and in good working order (all that matters in my book). Lobby is definitely dated looking. The help in the lobby in the morning (manager and breakfast staff) were exceedingly friendly. Front desk experience on Sunday afternoon check-in was a bit strange - the clerk had on a grey hooded athletic sweatshirt and talked to me the whole time with the hood up over her head and pulled tight around her head to stay warm - no big deal I guess, but kind of strange.

I would stay here again, just because I love Residence Inns and there wasn't anything particularly bothersome about this property.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank saxorob
Reviewed January 21, 2007

Very nice hotel. Our room was clean, was surprised with the kitchenette area. We had plenty of space and our children enjoyed the sofa bed. Our shuttle bus drivers were very friendly and dropped off and picked up where we wanted.

Breakfast was wonderful. Lots to choose from, sausage gravy, biscuits, french toast, oatmeal, belgium waffles, cereals, muffins, choice of juices & coffee and milk. The breakfast ladies were very friendly & helpful...I didn't know how to use the waffle iron.

Overall we had a wonderful time and would like to come back knowing that a lot of attractions are not far away.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2006

Reading the other reviews, I can now say that the Inn is now up to par with other Residence Inns. The room was clean, well appointed and comfortable, and the kitchen fully supplied.

Yes - it is standard, but it is so nice, especially on a business trip to have a "home" to come back to in the evening, and also not to forced to again go out to eat, but be able to have the foods you normally would have at home. In other hotels, even the best, I have trouble sleeping but at a Residence Inn one does feel at home.

I did have a problem when I returned one day and the door was slightly ajar - everything was OK, it is just that the door did not spring back to close, and the cleaner or the maintenance person (the toilet was running on a bit and they came to fix it) had not taken care of closing it. I was offered a free movie as an apology, but asked for, and received instead, some extra Marriott points.

1  Thank Life-is-an-Adventure
Reviewed August 17, 2006

The location of the property is very nice, right on the trinity river and across the river from the excellent Fort Worth Zoo. There is a jogging path bordering the property and right on the river. There are also several nice restaurants within walking distance.

The hotel is one of the older-type of Residence Inn, with rooms placed in seperate 2-story buildings. Thus no elevator for upper floor rooms, and the second room in the 'suite' is a loft.

The room I rented was a bit run down, and had a broken dead bolt and toilet that ran intermittently during my first night. Both were fixed the next day after I informed management. Also the refrigerator froze my vegetables solid during my first night.

The breakfast is free like all RI in Fort Worth, but not as many food choices and not as nice. All in all I would stay at a different RI in town unless being close to TCU or the Zoo is very important.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
St. Paul, MN
Reviewed May 5, 2006

I stayed at this hotel two nights on business on May 2 & May 3. The suite was a nice size facing the walk and river. However, the door lock would stick and it would take me two/three times of using the key to get in which was annoying when my arms were full. Also, on the second night the air conditioning decided not to work. Not sure what was up with that. The hotel offered breakfast in the morning and appetizers in the afternoon but I did not sample either. I liked the area in is located in. A nice upscale mall right across the street.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business