Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Fort Worth/medical Center
$111
$101
  • Breakfast included
$159
Omni Fort Worth Hotel(Fort Worth)
$209
$239
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Worth North(Fort Worth)(Great Value!)
$94
La Quinta
$159
$122
Hotels.com
$93
$82
All reviewstrinity riveran older propertyfull kitchenhot breakfastbeds were comfortablezoocynthiastove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn on University DR in Fort Worth on Christmas Eve. The location is great, near downtown, but without the downtown congestion and parking issues. Check in was great. The clerk was very friendly and informative. The room was large and quite comfortable. The kitchen was clean and well equipped. The beds were comfortable and the linens nice. The only complaint about the room that I have is that the tv is not watchable from bed. The hotel was clean and smelled fresh. I was very happy with our experience there.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Was a bit nervous about staying here after reading some reviews--it is a bit dated, but very clean and the staff were very accommodating.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I stayed here with my wife and daughter during TCU Family Weekend. We waited too long to reserve a room and even through we didn't need a long-term stay hotel with kitchen, this was all I could find available.

First the positives:
Location. Excellent. Easy to get everywhere we needed to go (TCU, Cultural District). We also too advantage of the adjecent walking trail along the river, which was nice.

Downsides:
Built in the mid-1980s. From our downstairs room we heard ever footstep above and every adjecent shower and commode flush. No soundproofing at all.

The morning breakfast fruit was borderline rotted. I had to toss partial banana the first morning. Second morning, the orange was in fact rotted through and I had to toss it. The apples were ok. The eggs and other stuff seemed as good as one would expect in a morning hotel self-serve setup.

The room itself functioned as designed, if a bit dated. WiFi was free and reliable. Parking free (outside in front of room, though you might have to park further if spaces are filling). Large, modern HD Flatscreen with basic cable. Water pressure was great in the shower, and hot watter ample for three adult showers two mornings in a row without running out.

Bottom line, I would not stay here again unless I couldn't find a better, newer space. If I was staying for a week and wanted a kitchen, it would be fine and a reasonable value for the location and having a full size kitchen. But for a typical 1 or 2 night stay, paying close to $200/night, this wasn't a good value.

Room Tip: The first flor "river view" is actually a view of the embankment. If you want to see water from inside your room, get on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We are frequent visitors to Fort Worth and have stayed at a lot of hotels there. This property needs some updating and did not measure up to most properties that we have stayed at in the area. The room was very shabby and missing some of the amenities that hotels even in this price range should have. There was no safe in the room, and the queen size bed was not comfy at all. The closet was large and the air conditioning worked very well (in Texas in August.) Parking is limited and it is suggested that you park at the other Marriott property across the street. I would just suggest that you stay there if you are trying to stay as close to TCU as possible. The staff was pleasant and the breakfast was fine.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2011

I spent 3 weeks here with family members. I cannot say enough good things about all the staff members at this Residence Inn! All are helpful and friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to help the guests. The location is convenient to restaurants, shopping, TCU and the interstate. There is plenty of free parking. The rooms at the back of the hotel face the Trinity River and a walking/biking trail. We were in a 2-level suite with a sitting room, full kitchen, 2 bedrooms (one is an upstairs loft) and 2 full baths. The unit is well-stocked and well-maintained even though this is an older hotel. There is a full breakfast every day and a light dinner Tuesday - Thursday, all of which is included in the price. There is an outdoor pool on site and a small exercise room. The hotel guests have privileges at TCU's facilities as well. There is also a laundry room on site with 3 washers and 4 dryers. I enjoyed my stay here and would not hesitate to go back again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back overlooking the river!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family