“Take Your Family”
Review of Los Asaderos

Los Asaderos
Ranked #244 of 1,591 Restaurants in Fort Worth
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We were seated quickly. But it was cold and they sat us by a side door. The service was not great butthe food was excellent!!!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've been to El Asadero three times now, and it's about as average as it can get.

The food is predictble Tex-Mex -- certainly good enough, but nothing more -- but the restaurant looks tired and the service is essentially non-existent.

Once you're ordered, and received your meal, you're on your own. No follow-up, no asking if you need more tea or chips, etc., and I'm still waiting for my first bill. Each time, I've finally just given up and gone to the front and waited for a cashier, and told her what we had.

I'll be back, but I don't know why. There are far better alternatives along North Main.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We've been going to El Asadero about once a month for many years and the food and service is always consistent. We go for the Pescado Frito (Fried Catfish), but it's not your usual breaded and deep fried catfish. It is a whole Fish (without the Head), sliced, seasoned and (i think) pan fried. It is served with french fries, sliced onion and sliced avocado.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I had been to El Asadero under the old management and found the restaurant to have awesome food and the service was very good. My wife and I went back and the store was under new management and man did it show. We never got waited on. The wait staff, now in TCU-like purple shirts, were running around like they were lost. The food was NOT good and we were so disappointed.
When it came time to leave we could have just walked out because no one even noticed us. No one came with a check. No one asked how our experience was. This place basically now sucks.
A famous chef once said that people come for the food but people come back for the service. Neither reason exists at this place.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I've been a Fort Worth resident for 38 years and El Asadero has been the most authentic Mexican food resteraunt I've found. The green enchiladas, pericos nachos, poblanas enchiladas & the guisado de res (I order mine "spicy") are all fantastic & the best you'll find in town. If you're looking for a great Mexican food spot that'll leave you craving until you return, this is it.

Been to Los Asaderos? Share your experiences!