“Excellent place to stay if your looking for a hotel near DFW airport”

Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South
Ranked #22 of 113 Hotels in Fort Worth
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I stay here often as an airline crew. The hotel is new, so no surprise everything is in great condition. Lobby, business center, rooms and restaurant are all very comfortable and the latest decor. Internet in the rooms actually works wonderfully. That alone is rare. The beds are awesome and room layout allows you to work without tripping over your stuff. Great modern bathrooms. The gym has the latest cardio equipment (maybe 5 machines), freeweights and an all in one, respectable workout machine. Pool is nice with plenty of comfortable and clean chairs to lay out in. The pool is too cold though and don't forget a towel from your room because they don't offer them poolside. I love the restaurant. A really nice area outside to sit and enjoy yourself at night. Breakfast in the morning, while not extravagant, offers nicely prepared eggs, bacon, hash browns and your typical dry goods, yogurt and fruit. Next, the shuttle. It's pretty rare that hotels get this figured out so I'm not knocking this hotel. Their shuttle is clean, comfortable, and driven by professional looking, very helpful people. Just get ready to pull up a chair curbside during certain times of the day, because they typically only have one running. The hotel is close to the airport (within ten minutes), but they are running folks everywhere. Lastly, the staff is excellent. If you need something, they get it done. They are the best hotel staff that I have seen in the US. No bad attitudes . . . I don't get it.

2  Thank ScoopRodell
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South

Reviewed May 25, 2010

Friend and collegue found this hotel for staying the night before flying out. What a gem! The staff is very friendly, the rooms are roomy & comfortable and decor is beautiful. Hotel has room service and decent size dining/bar area. Very close to the airport so we dropped our rental off the night before and took the shuttle to catch the early morning flight. Saved time and money!

Reviewed May 11, 2010

This Holiday in is very clean. It is in new condition. The location is out of the way, but it was good for what I needed. Rooms are nice and clean. Liked the bathroom, but would have liked a tub instead of just a shower. Although I did like the subway tiles in the shower.
I just have a few issues. The people are really nice at this hotel. However, they are not familiar enough with the surrounds of the hotel to be able to tell folks how to get to the hotel if you get lost. They also can't tell you how to get anywhere without using google maps. If I say, "I don't want to travel the highway", they are lost.
Another issue I had is when I asked for a drink in the bar and requested lime in my soda, the young lady used her bare hand to put the lime in the soda. Now these are the same hands that are punching numbers into the register taking order and touching the same register that others have touched as well. That is gross. Either take the orders or handle the food/drinks, but don't do both. So that meant is I had the germs from the register from which other peoples hands were on. Again, I say gross.
Finally, what is the need of having a room service line if everytime you call you get a voicemail. I called twice and twice I received a voicemail for them to call me back. Then when I did get to place my order for what I wanted, they forgot part of my order. I didn't even call them back to correct. The food they sent was pretty good. Grits were horrid, potatoes were cooked in too much grease, but the other stuff was OK.
Would I stay here again...maybe, but I would eat and drink somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Ronak_Kothari_Aquila, Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2010

"The staff and the management have thoroughly read and discussed the
comments you expressed and will do all in our power to make things right for
you and all our guest.

We appreciate your insight and have already taken steps monitor the areas
you have so graciously chosen to share with us.

Your input is important and Thank you for pointing out these areas."

Reviewed April 15, 2010

The Holiday Inn DFW South, has turned my dreadful business trip into an easy leisurely stay! I’ve stayed in hotels for a good amount of my life and never have I seen the great customer service as I did here. Shawn and Melanie would always make a point to show interest in me and tended to my every need, even though they were extremely busy with packs of guests flying through the door and tied up from their phone lines filled with calls from demanding guests. I love the kindness of the staff and how Shawn manages everything in the hotel to work seamlessly. Only a genuine, confident man like that knows how to lead a hotel into the success it is today. I look forward to booking my next trip and seeing all the familiar faces.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2010

The weekend of the April 2nd & 3rd were the most comfortable stay, in the dfw area hotels i have ever been to. I would like to mention first customer service was excellent. Thanks to Melanie ,James from the front desk and Rebeca from the bar.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I would like to personal thank Mr James Triplett for begin so kind to me he answer all my question and believe me i had a 101 question never once did he brush me off. Mr. Triplett was very friendly always smiling . We need more people like him running hotels.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Just wanted to say thank you to Jamar Chapman for excellent customer service. Wanted to order an item that was not on the dinner menu at the restaurant downstairs. Jamar went above and beyond to have the food item made for me.

Shuttle service there has improved a 100% as well thanks to Rigo. Wonderful job.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
#72 of 113 in Fort Worth
Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South
Holiday Inn Express & Suites DFW Airport South Hotel
Best Western Plus DFW Airport West Euless

Been to Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South? Share your experiences!