“Good Holiday Inn”

Ranked #22 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
South Carolina
“Good Holiday Inn”
Reviewed May 11, 2010

This Holiday in is very clean. It is in new condition. The location is out of the way, but it was good for what I needed. Rooms are nice and clean. Liked the bathroom, but would have liked a tub instead of just a shower. Although I did like the subway tiles in the shower.
I just have a few issues. The people are really nice at this hotel. However, they are not familiar enough with the surrounds of the hotel to be able to tell folks how to get to the hotel if you get lost. They also can't tell you how to get anywhere without using google maps. If I say, "I don't want to travel the highway", they are lost.
Another issue I had is when I asked for a drink in the bar and requested lime in my soda, the young lady used her bare hand to put the lime in the soda. Now these are the same hands that are punching numbers into the register taking order and touching the same register that others have touched as well. That is gross. Either take the orders or handle the food/drinks, but don't do both. So that meant is I had the germs from the register from which other peoples hands were on. Again, I say gross.
Finally, what is the need of having a room service line if everytime you call you get a voicemail. I called twice and twice I received a voicemail for them to call me back. Then when I did get to place my order for what I wanted, they forgot part of my order. I didn't even call them back to correct. The food they sent was pretty good. Grits were horrid, potatoes were cooked in too much grease, but the other stuff was OK.
Would I stay here again...maybe, but I would eat and drink somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Ronak_Kothari_Aquila, Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South, responded to this review, May 20, 2010
"The staff and the management have thoroughly read and discussed the
comments you expressed and will do all in our power to make things right for
you and all our guest.

We appreciate your insight and have already taken steps monitor the areas
you have so graciously chosen to share with us.

Your input is important and Thank you for pointing out these areas."

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
New York
Reviewed April 15, 2010

The Holiday Inn DFW South, has turned my dreadful business trip into an easy leisurely stay! I’ve stayed in hotels for a good amount of my life and never have I seen the great customer service as I did here. Shawn and Melanie would always make a point to show interest in me and tended to my every need, even though they were extremely busy with packs of guests flying through the door and tied up from their phone lines filled with calls from demanding guests. I love the kindness of the staff and how Shawn manages everything in the hotel to work seamlessly. Only a genuine, confident man like that knows how to lead a hotel into the success it is today. I look forward to booking my next trip and seeing all the familiar faces.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Bedford Texas
Reviewed April 12, 2010

The weekend of the April 2nd & 3rd were the most comfortable stay, in the dfw area hotels i have ever been to. I would like to mention first customer service was excellent. Thanks to Melanie ,James from the front desk and Rebeca from the bar.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Ar
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I would like to personal thank Mr James Triplett for begin so kind to me he answer all my question and believe me i had a 101 question never once did he brush me off. Mr. Triplett was very friendly always smiling . We need more people like him running hotels.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
las vegas
Reviewed March 29, 2010

Just wanted to say thank you to Jamar Chapman for excellent customer service. Wanted to order an item that was not on the dinner menu at the restaurant downstairs. Jamar went above and beyond to have the food item made for me.

Shuttle service there has improved a 100% as well thanks to Rigo. Wonderful job.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Austria - Europe
Reviewed March 26, 2010

As other reviews have stated this Holiday Inn is new. The lobby is a high spacious room with adjacent Fitness Room, Business Center and a Bistro.

Through the lobby you also reach the Pool area in the back of the building, with a spacious pooldeck with tables, chairs, ashtrays, umbrellas, and a direct entrance to the Bistro.
The building is 6 storeys high and we got a room on 5th, away from the 2 elevators. Icemachinge and Vending is in an extra room, no noise to expect.

We had a south view room which means you will see adjacent Marriott and small houses and a lot of green land around. Which also means you will directly face some of the planes coming in. The runway is not far in the north so the the planes are flying low and directly passing across the Holiday Inn Building. It might be too loud for some people to stay here. We did not care, as we love to watch planes.

Every part of the hotel is exceptionally clean. And new. They have a lot of colourful paintings on the walls (seem to be originals?) and vases and decorations all over the place.

We got a 2q room size ok. Dark wood, dark red wall behind the beds. There is a small built in wardrobe and small kitchen with coffee maker, fridge and microwave as well as a built in safe.

TV is hugh and flat-screen. We even got our CMT program here. There is a round table with 2 armchairs, but no good chair for using the laptop at the table comfortably.
We got wireless for the Ipod, and a cable for the laptop in the room but you also can use Business center downstairs. Connection was slow.

The bathroom is very clean and we got enough fluffy towels and all toiletries we needed. Tiles are white and the walls around the tub are tiled as well. You’ll have a big showerhead and all in all the bathroom is spacious enough.

We slept very well in the beds, having 4 pillows each of us, but all of them a bit too stuffed for us. Would be nice to be able to choose a thinner one.
Good warm blanket provided.

There is no free breakfast. But Bistro offers one for around 9,- As well as cou can have lunch and dinner here, and from 5-7 is happy hour. Yesterday they had a live D-J and it was loud. When people leave the Bistro for the smoking area on the pooldeck and open the door of the Bistro you will hear loud music. They did not stop loud music at 7...

Walls to the other rooms are thin. We heard every word and cough from our neighbour and at 8:30 – no – in the evening!!! They started to vacuum clean the corridor outside our room door. Lasted for a few minutes, but after 16 hr. of flight we had tried to go to sleep at 8.
You might hear your room neighbours TV loudly.

If you look for a place to close the airport Fort Worth this might be a good choice for you though.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AndreaAustria_Europe
Baltimore
Reviewed March 19, 2010

I am sharing my experience at this Holiday Inn of voicing my request and having Jamar Chapman, a Holiday Inn employee, exercise his expert customer service consideration. Mr. Chapman was in casual earshot when I asked reception for help. After receiving a lackluster response from the receptionist, Mr. Chapman stepped forward and took control of the situation, exhibiting true service responsibility and concern. I hope he moves forward in his career at Holiday Inn, and I hope upper management recognizes his efforts. On a down note, the hotel internet seems to be backlogged by unauthorized users at the nearby apartment complex. The internet is not password protected and it took over 15 minutes for this page to open! I hope the internet will become pass-code protected soon, and I will personally address this concern with the management.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Ronak_Kothari_Aquila, Marketing Manager at Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South, responded to this review, March 22, 2010
We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay at our Hotel.

Customer service is our top priority and we are glad that Lamar Chapman could assist you in a timely and professional manner. However, we regret that you had some technical issues while trying to access the internet. We have contacted our internet provider and the issue is currently being addressed. For your convenience we have hardwired Internet access available in all our rooms and a 24 hour Business Center equipped with two Internet ready computer's and a printer.

Again, we value your business and sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you. Be assured we will extend every effort to ensure that your stay is extraordinary.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Worth
#62 of 110 in Fort Worth
La Quinta Inn & Suites DFW Airport West - Euless
Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South
Holiday Inn Express & Suites DFW Airport South Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Dallas DFW Airport - South? Share your experiences!