“Full Service?”

Ranked #47 of 110 Hotels in Fort Worth
Henderson, Texas
“Full Service?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

Let me start by saying that I like the Holiday Inn chain. Whenever possible, I try to stay with a Holiday Inn property because (at least until this last stay) I get consistantly good service and value.

This property is very clean and in a good location, but the service is horrible. I made reservations three weeks in advance for my family of four (2 adults, 2 Middle School types) with 2 beds and "late arrival".

Upon check-in around 6 PM, the hotel manager told me that there were not any 2-bed rooms available. We could have a room with a single bed and a sofa, but they were out of roll-away beds as well. He explained that some guests had simply decided not to check out so my family was without a room. There was nothing that he could do about it.

I explained that we had driven for 5 hours and asked if they could contact a nearby Holiday Inn. They said there was no need as they were without rooms as well.

I then gave him my reservation number (again) and this time, "oh - here it is. We were looking at the wrong number. Yes - you have a room". He then offered me two free buffet-style breakfast tickets for the four of us to enjoy.

Upon arrival in the room, we discovered that housekeeping had given us two towels for our reservation of four. The front desk happily gave me two more - that I could pick-up at the front desk. The next day housekeeping left an extra towel bringing the total count to three towels for four people.

The property is nice, but the service was a real disappointment. I expect more from a Holiday Inn. Next time - well - there probably won't be a next time at Fossil Creek.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank FatherRichard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

The staff is friendly, the hotel is clean and very presentable. Unfortunately, this is the most miserable experience I have ever had in a hotel. I truly have to congratulate Holiday Inn on providing what is the MOST uncomfortable bed I have ever NOT slept in. It's 4:15 am and I'm counting the minutes to go down and complain to the manager. I'm booked here for 4 nights and I don't care if I have to sleep in my tack stall at the Will Rogers Equestrian Center, I willnot sleep here another night. Who's idea was it to put a concrete slab in the room and call it a bed? And does a bedspread really cost that much? For $117/night, I expect MUCH better than this. Sorry, Holiday Inn, you won't be getting any repeat business from me. If I can't sleep, I can't compete, thus I will have wasted almost $2K on this horse show if I don't find another hotel with decent beds.

Room Tip: There isn't one.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Berkshire, England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

Stayed here for one night, having got a good rate on Hotwire. Location is quite convenient for Fort Worth attractions, even if a bit hard to find your way there, especially after dark. Room was fine, as was the bed comfort. Very impersonal though, you felt as if you were being processed rather than welcomed by the front desk staff! Noticed there was a small enclosed pool and whirlpool for guests to use. Business centre seemed to be in permanent use by people attending meetings at the hotel. Breakfast was a bit chaotic, one waitress to a packed roomful of guests. Food was tasty and reasonably priced however. Dinner not available in the hotel restaurant. Would stay here again, but just for a night or two!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 5113
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2010

I recently stayed at this hotel with my father, who is handicap and required a wheelchair accessible room. We picked this hotel based on reviews from several sites as we are from Ohio and traveling to visit family for a few days. I am not a person who needs luxurious accommodations and nit picks everything. This hotel was clean, quiet, and had a friendly helpful staff, which to me is all you can ask for.

The Pros: The hotel was VERY clean. You can tell this is a new hotel. The house keeping department really does a great job. As stated we stayed in a wheelchair accessible room. The room was very spacious, plenty of room to move around in a wheelchair and not feel like you were going to knock everything over. The bathroom was very accommodating. It had a built in transfer tub bench, hand held shower, grab bars everywhere, and had plenty of room to easily fit a wheelchair. The bathroom was also very clean and had all the usual toiletries if you forget anything. The beds were comfortable and clean and I slept like a rock! The room has a fridge, coffee pot and microwave. The hotel was very quiet. I never heard noises in the hall or from the surrounding rooms. The location of the hotel is great. It is the first exit off the 820 loop so you don’t have to get into the crazy Texas traffic.

The Cons: I am truly stretching for these. The pool was very small. The spa was the same temperature as the pool so it was not very relaxing to say the least. There are not very many restaurants around the hotel. There is a Cracker Barrel and a McDonalds but the Cracker Barrel is always very busy. It really isn’t a big deal though, as you can hop on the loop and get to a restaurant in 5 minutes.

This is a nice, clean, comfortable hotel that did a great job accommodating us. No bells and whistles, but relaxing and safe.

• Stayed September 2010
3 Thank jacksprat_333
Surprise, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

This hotel is only a couple years old, and overall looks like it. I'm saying here with a couple coworkers. Here's the pros & cons:

Pros: Has a small bar & restaurant in the lobby w/a McDonald's across the parking lot and several good restaurants close by. There is a small pantry that sells chips & sodas.

Cons: However, the soda's in the vending machines on each floor are 75 cents cheaper, so avoid the pantry.

Pros: The rooms are very quiet and spacious. The HVAC works well. The bathroom is nicely equipped with regular amenities. 32" flat screen TV. GREAT placement of electric outlets all over the room. I LOVE this feature. Free wireless internet.

Cons: the selection of TV channels was poor, with most showing only Direct TV screen savers. They have the smallest pillows I've ever seen on the bed. They are about 12" square. Really strange! The alarm clocks (Timex Indiglos) suck! They are impossible to set, change, and worse of all, turn off the the Alarm. What were they thinking??? Free Wireless Internet is unbelievably slow and unresponsive. I can surf my blackberry faster.

Pros: 2 elevators Cons: only one seems to work, although there are no signs saying so. And, once you press the button, it can take up to 2 minutes for the elevator to arrive. Seriously, it often takes that long to hear the motors kick in. Ridiculous. I made the mistake of taking the stair, only to find that they only exit to the outside.

Pros: Fitness room. Cons: Equipment looks older than the hotel, pretty ratty stuff.

Overall... it's a mixed bag. My next trip, I'll try to get into another of the area hotels.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Orting, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2010

I always love to stay at the new hotels, as everything usually works and everything is clean. This was the case here. The lobby was nice, the rooms were great, the beds were comfortable. It was quiet and relaxing.

The washer and dryer are free to use...definitely a nice surprise.

The only thing I saw that was of concern was it seemed that at times, the front desk help was no where to be found and people were seen waiting.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

Let's see where to start... I saw the power truck at the property to turn the power off so that says alot right there about the property management, they don't pay their bills. Their prices are ridiculously high, and they were always out of some supply whether it be shampoo, conditioner, laundry soap, toothpaste, and toothbrushes. Honestly if you are going to stay somewhere I would recommed a property that when they say they offer the amenities that they actually do! Like the shuttle service website and reservations say the shuttle runs 7 days a week from 7am to 10pm and yet there is no one that can drive the shuttle because no one is on the property who can leave the property. This place was the most pathetic place I have ever stayed in my life!!!!!! My colleagues have gone back and the management company is getting rid of all the good employees to bring people in at lower cost. Needless to say we are taking our business elsewhere! The internet service is horrible the restaurant food was always cold and had horrible service. The business center is a JOKE, there isn't even a printer in there, and the computer has a virus so you can't surf the internet for more than 2 minutes before it shuts off on you. Horrible Hotel!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business