“Not good at all!”
Review of Pecos Roadhouse

Pecos Roadhouse
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Description: Perfect home style cooking for everyone! Fresh ingredients cooked by hand.... not pre-made entree here!
San Antonio, Texas
“Not good at all!”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

We decided to go to Big Bend on the spur of the moment and did not research restaurants. Oh, how I wish I had! We spent one night in Fort Stockton. I noticed a new restaurant close to the hotel. It was close, and we were tired. It does take a bit to get seated. They were not that busy with customers, but they were not paying attention. I ordered a large salad which was okay except for the hard cooked eggs which were really green around the edges. My husband ordered a rib eye steak cooked medium rare. We were surprised when it arrived. It was about 1/4" thick, and I guess it was grilled. We have never seen a rib eye like that. It, of course, was not medium rare. It was tough and lacked flavor. It was served with mashed potatoes which was tastless along with canned corn and canned green beans. About halfway through, the server remembered to bring the biscuits which were the highlights of the meals. The server did not check back except to drop the check off.

• Visited April 2014

Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“Great fried mushrooms.”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We stopped over night in Ft. Stockton on the way to Big Bend. Pecos Roadhouse was convenient because it was right next to our hotel. It is a family restaurant. The service was good and the waiter went out of his way to make sure we where pleased. The food was good and the fried mushrooms were great. I was thrilled to find them on the menu since you do not see them much. It is a nice edition to Ft. Stockton.

• Visited March 2014
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Very good food :)”
Reviewed March 25, 2014

A lovely place to eat right off the highway. The FRESH homemade green beans were wonderful. Kids had mac/cheese, hamburgers that were very good. Salad is the bag type, but all the things that come w/the vegetable plate made it worth it. A VERY CLEAN restaurant and I think you will be pleased. There are not too many good restaurant choices in Ft. Stockton, but Pecos Roadhouse was very nice. Prices are not too bad--average.

Visited March 2014
Covina, California, USA
“Good Food, but the Take Out wait is a bit long”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The wait was terrible, or could have been I was hungry. Waited about 30 mins for chicken strips and 2 soups. But I have to admit, the food was pretty darn good.

Visited February 2014
Texas
“We're here”
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We were coming through Fort Stockton on vacation. We were excited to see a new restaurant in this area. We went in and stood by the sign which said "wait to be seated". We stood there for a long period of time. No one even seemed to notice we were there. I know they had to hear us because my special needs son happens to be heard of hearing and speaks loudly. No one ever came to seat us so we went to another restaurant in the area which was great!

Visited March 2014