“Another pleased guest at the Ft. Stockton Deluxe Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Deluxe Inn

Deluxe Inn
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Zachary, Louisiana
“Another pleased guest at the Ft. Stockton Deluxe Inn”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have to admit, like other reviewers, I was very skeptical when we pulled up after a long drive from Louisiana. In fact, the comment I made to my husband was a worried "Well, this should be an adventure..." I had booked the room having been won over by all the excellent reviews for this hotel on TripAdvisor. Make no mistake, the outside will give you pause. But, in fairness, all of Ft. Stockton has the same vibe. The woman who owns the hotel was super nice and assured us we would be pleased with the room. She had been cleaning when we arrived and called to us. This lady was so friendly and takes a great deal of pride in her little motel. She should. The room was very nice, recently remodeled, and most importantly, clean and comfortable. The beds were comfy. Not too soft and not too firm and everything looked and smelled clean. We noticed that we were in the company of our peers as everyone checked in that evening meaning that there were a lot of families staying over. This room was an excellent value and I would not hesitate to stay here again or to recommend it to others. I think you will be as pleasantly surprised as we were. Don't judge the book by it's cover.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BayouBelle_1355

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had the most pleasant experience staying at the Deluxe Inn in Fort Stockton, TX. Part of our decision to stay here was based on the excellent reviews written by others. The inn keeper and his wife were most welcoming even though it was after 10PM, cold and dark. The rooms had been newly renovated with handicapped type toilets and showers. Everything was clean and spotless. Renovations are continuing. This motel reminded my of traveling across the USA with my family years ago when very few motels were available. If our travels take us back to Ft Stocketon, we will certainly stay at the Deluxe Inn.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by outward appearances -- the adage applies "Don't judge a book by its...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bonnie S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Very clean room,newly remodeled with new outlets,flat screen Tv,
Large toilet,nice bathroom,twin queen beds. $69 + tax

If I did not read about it on tripadvisor I would have driver by it.From the outside it looks poor.But take a look at the room before you make up your mine.
Nice people running it.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Pbgalv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

As my husband and I were traveling on I-10 to meet up with family for the holidays, we decided to stop and get some rest. Everything almost being packed, we ended up at the Deluxe Inn of Ft. Stockton. The owner (Dipak Patel) greeted us kindly as we walked into the lobby. He asked if I would like to first see one of his remodeled rooms. But us being so tired, we went ahead and took his word on the cleanliness of the room. We stayed in room 101 located right across from the office. It was WAY more then expected. Nice big beds, flat screen tv on the wall, nice granite top bathroom. Overall we loved our stay. Didn't have coffee but there was a gas station close by so that wasn't a problem. This motel is still under remodeling, you can tell by all the supplies and equipment they have out in one of the corners of the motel. I would definitely recommend this motel to anyone that is passing through! Clean rooms, good prizes, you can't go wrong!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Cam421
Thornton, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

1930'S Property. With a Garage next to many rooms. Renovation in progress. Room was simple, Clean and Quiet. (Good value). Much appreciated, the wall heater was NEW and QUIET! Very good value for the Ft. Stockton market. If passing this way again, I will stop here.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dave J
San Clemente, California, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2012

I stayed here only one night, and found the room to be quiet, spacious, and clean, but the bed was wobbly (the mattress hung off the base/platform on the sides) and the mattress and pillows were not comfortable at all. Very hard. The person at the desk when we checked in was very nice and had turned on the heat in our room for us since it was cold. I saw some mentions of flat screens tvs, but we had an older CRT tv in our room with a fuzzy picture. Since we were only stopping there to sleep, we didn't care, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Farra W
Mission Viejo, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is a family owned establishment with clean, quiet rooms that are comfortable and well maintained. The management was very helpful after I discovered I had left a couple of items in the hotel room and shipped them to me at no charge! Good hearted people...

Room Tip: The have a room with two full beds and a twin, convenient for a family.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family