WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
usa
“Tired Hampton Inn”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at this Hampton inn on Feb 14th 2013. The front desk was very friendly. Upon entering the room, the walls had been poorly touched up looking very bad, and the chair next to the bed was very tired and stained. Overall, a very tired room needing a remodel. The dirtiest looking Hampton Inn we have ever stayed at, at the cost that was very high. The return trip home, we stayed at a Hampton Inn in the next town, Van Horn, which was excellent!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We have stayed here before and we returned because of our complete satisfaction with the room and its appointments. We enjoyed our second one night stay in a very nice, large room with all the amenities needed, including a refrigerator, microwave, and efficient air conditioner. I like wall thermostats which show the temp chosen. Our room smelled really fresh and was very clean. The bathroom was really nicely furnished and included the small vials of shampoo, conditioner and hand lotion. We had more than enough spare towels. The tub needed a non-slip mat since it became very slippery during a shower. Our queen beds were very comfortable and included duvet covers which I like. Breakfast was outstanding with a great array of choices including cheese omelets, sausage patties, muffins, great coffee, waffles and cereals. As nice as this room and service were, I feel it was overpriced, even with a AAA discount, and the inclusion of $18.40 city and state tax certainly didn’t help,

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ESD1836
leenagandhi, Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Stockton, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear ESD 1836. Thank you for staying with us 2nd time. I really appriciate your positive review for your stay with us. We try our best to do our best to accomodate our guest and make their stay as comfortable as possible. The room rate is market driven. We love having you here. See you soon.
Vancouver, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

My college economics teacher would had to have loved using this mediocre hotel as an example of market principles. When one travels along I-10 they have very little to select as an overnight stop. Fort Stockton is 200 mile from nothing in either direction so the several hotels in the area gouge the traveler with overpriced rooms and poor service.
This beat up hotel is only 7 years old as Ms. Gandhi reported to me, I thought 20 yo. It was cheaply finished- off and the furnishing needed replaced a few years ago. The carpet throughout is worn,stained and so obnoxious that it is almost comical if not so sad. The room did have high 10 foot ceilings but we heard people above us all night so sleep was disturbed. No newspaper, bill under door, lotions .... they are providing sub-minimal service. You can feel the penny pinching of the owners when you first enter, they seemed to me to begrudge any request, merely having a bowl of cereal and milk for b"fast was a drudge.
Snow and fatigue were the only reasons we ended up here. When I saw the prices charged throughout this town I opted to use some of my precious HHonors points to buy this room here so it was free. If somehow I had paid the $120-140/night it commands then I would have rated it lower like minus one star and not have been so generous in my review.

Room Tip: Go 200 miles in either direction on I-10 and find another hotel there.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jonesyguy
McAllen, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

If you are familiar with the Hampton Inn brand, you know what you are getting here. They have comfortable well-appointed rooms and a top-notch breakfast. The breakfast offering is a step up from a Holiday Inn Express.

Since the prices in Fort Stockton for hotels are already more expensive than normal... spend a couple extra dollars to stay at the Hampton Inn and enjoy the higher quality rooms and breakfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SHTexas
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

In August we arrived at this motel. I had forgotten to make a reservation. Karen, husband a bartender, 2 sons into sports, was very nice and caring. Gave us a room without any difficulty and was extremely plesant. We enjoyed our stay, as we always do there.. Thank you Karen for a stress free time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mariah5_10
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Fort Stockton is in the middle of West Texas, surrounded by the Chihuahan Desert and plains -- that is, "nowhere" to most people. It is an overnight stop on I-10 between LA and the east coast. The town itself ain't much to look at, although its springs were a gathering place for Native Americans for millennia.
This motel is very handy to I-10 and is a typical Hampton Inn -- clean, very comfortable beds and rooms, free wi fi, good breakfast, friendly staff, handy parking. My only negative comment is the price, which is high for an overnight stop on I-10. I think they are one of only 2 really nice motels in town, so they charge high room rates because they can. Perhaps they will get more competition in the future. We decided to pay the extra money to stay here because it was my birthday, and we'd been traveling 3 days from N. California and needed a good night's sleep.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple