“We Really Wanted to Love This Place:(”
Review of Mi Casita

Mi Casita
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Vancouver WA
“We Really Wanted to Love This Place:(”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

My wife & I had an overnight stay in Ft Stockton on way to Ft Worth. We read reviews and were anxious to visit Mi Casita. The atmosphere is very plain but there is large dining area. I ordered chili relleno dinner and my wife a cheese casadia since it was vegetarian. My wife liked here dish, particularly the pico de gallo sauce. My dish was not good. Something was bad about rice, an off flavor. My wife tasted it and agreed. The refried beans had had No flavor. The chili relleno was smothered with cheese with hamburger meat in it. Lots of cheese is never a good sign in a mexican restaurant if you are looking for authentic flavors. The pablano chiles were stingy & tough. My biggest disappointment was the waitress! She took our order and disappeared until it was time to bring the check. She looked at my nearly untouched plate and simply asked if we needed anything else!
We really wanted to enjoy our dinner and we are not hyper sensitive diners, but this was not authentic mexican food. I know lots of Americans like this type of food and I'm ok with that. But if you really appreciate authentic flavors in your mexican food, Mi Casitia es no Su Casita!!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Joltinjp

Artesia, New Mexico
“YUMMY YUMMY”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Made a quick stop on our way through... Excellent food and wonderful service! Will indeed eat here again if we come back to Fort Stockton. Food is fresh. Salsa is hot. I recommend the green enchilada! Very Authentic! Enjoy!!

New Mexico
“Yes, probably the best in Fort Stockton”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We stopped here on our way to and from San Antonio....not having done my research ahead of time, I was startled to find that there were no "serious" restaurants in Ft. Stockton, and none that served wine or beer. A little digging indicated that it was not a "dry county" but indeed no restaurants served any alcohol. Mi Casita did show on its website that they would provide glasses and ice for those who came in with wine or beer. And indeed they did. (There are several shops in town where you can buy margaritas already mixed and chilled, wine, etc.) Even more amazing there was no charge for this service.

The restaurant is simple, but with nice murals on the walls. Probably 40 or so diners could fit in. The menu is very comprehenisive..many dishes are somewhat overly elaborate, to our taste (chile rellenos dosed with sauce and beef, for example) but you can easily compose your own plate by choosing among the "side dishes.
Our food was tasty and fresh - the guacamole with our main dishes was excellent. And the total was extremely reasonable.

FYI - if you are just driving through Ft Stockton, be aware that Mi Casita is ony open from Tuesday through Friday...good luck on finding a better place to eat on the weekends!

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Purmamarca
Austin
“Great Mexican Food!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Was trying to eat at this place on the front end of a trip but it was closed on Sundays. Was very disappointed but we got the chance to eat here as we came back through on the way home. Pretty much everything has been said, good food and good people. Will definitely stop here on my way through Ft. Stockton in the future.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank swTXSU
Phoenix, Arizona
“Good place to eat in Fort Stockton”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We stopped in FT Stockton on our way back to Phoenix from Orlando. We were looking for some good food and Mi Casta was recomended by out hotel. I had some concerns when I saw the outside. Then we went in and the decor was very cafateria looking with plain tables and chairs. But the service and food was very good. If your looking for an old world Mexican decor don't stop. But if all you are concerned with is having good sized helping of tasty Mexican food do give it a try.

• Visited April 2014