“Shabby appearance”
Review of K BOB'S Steakhouse

K BOB'S Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner
Description: K-BOB'S is found in small and medium sized towns across Texas, New Mexico and Colorado. We are known for our home-town attitude: "Family, Church, School...then K-BOB'S". We strive to be an integral part of the communities we serve and insist on the highest standards of quality and service for each of our guests. We treat you like family, serving up healthy portions of home-made cooking for lunch and dinner.
Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

$4.00 if you want a small salad with your steak is steep..but yes it does come with delicious baked potato. Agree that whole restaurant AND town looks old and shabby...but being the highway 10 has its advantage pulling in tired and hungry travelers.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Like 3 other restaurants in Fort Stockton, so dirty. Hard pressed to find a clean restaurant. Floor was dirty, salad bar had seen better days.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was working in the area for a week or so and wanted to get a steak. Someone mentioned K Bob's as a place to get steak, but it was hit or miss. We'll this was a miss. The steak was not tender, corn was cold on one side (that's right, one side of the corn was hot the other cold) and the mash potatoes were too salty. The only reason that I gave it two stars was their salad bar was good.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My family and I were passing through Fort Stockton, so we settled into our hotel and decided to take a chance at K Bobs because it was the only resturaunt open on a sunday night, and because the hotel clerk told us that if you go it will be a hit or miss.

So we get there and already the service is bad. We were in there 20 minutes before an employee even noticed we were there. And finally someone comes and helps us to our table.

So we look at the menu and nothing looked appetizing. Personally, i didnt order anything because it all looked gross but my family did. The members of my family (4 others) ordered a baked potato. The waitress then comes out and says that the cooks "forgot to make them."

So they settle on all getting salads. So they come back from the salad bar and my sister fake gags "white lettuce" and the lettuce looked gross and soggy and she and my mom tell me that the lettuce was floating in a cloudy liquid at the salad bar and that they had to dry it in a paper towel. So my mom took a bite of a cucumber and spits it out because its so sour. Then she takes a bite of a pepperonchini and says "i dont know what the hell that is but its not a pepperonchini".

When we get the bill and its 40 dollars for 4 small salads that were disgusting so we tell a manager and she nicely took care of the bill.

When we left, we had gone to walmart and bought frozen dinners to eat. We told the hotel clerk that it was DEFINITELY a miss.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had a stopover in Fort Stockton on are way to Florida and the experience wasn't a good one. We were very tired and wanted a quick meal so we ordered hamburgers, so we could go back to our room and get some sleep. We were there last year and the service wasn't that good but it wasn't horrific either. This year we waited for an hour and a half for our meal. Customers were very frustrated and all the staff had were excuses why we weren't getting our food. People who came in after us were getting their meal and we were still waiting. The management of this restaurant is very poor, they should hire someone that can turn this restaurant around.