“Excellent food and service, and dog friendly”
Review of Bienvenidos

Bienvenidos
Ranked #14 of 41 Restaurants in Fort Stockton
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stopped in because we were looking for something other than fast food on our trip across Texas (on Interstate 10). This little restaurant is at the other end of Dickenson and away from the cluster of hotels near the interstate. My husband is not normally a Mexican food fan (we get heavy Sonoran in Phoenix) but was willing to give it a try when we asked if we could bring our 2 little dogs onto the 3-table patio out front. They said yes and we went to get them out of the car.

What followed was a hearty basket of nice, warm, thick and crunchy chips with some tasty (a little heat there!) salsa waiting on us along with big glasses of ice water - including one for the dogs with the offer of a dish.Two icy beers in frosted mugs were quickly brought. I had the Corona marinated soft tacos (with rice, beans and a freshly roasted jalapeno) and my husband the sampler with a fresh chili relleno, beef and chicken enchiladas, a crunchy taco and rice and beans. He loved it.

The food was incredibly tasty - the relleno, red and green sauces were light and oh so flavorful. No heat, just flavor. The soft tacos' meat was tender and had great flavor that shone through the little sprinkle of cheese, chopped onion and cilantro. Everything was fresh -plus the beans light and creamy and the rice moist with flecks of onion and tomato. They told us everything was made in house, even the flan. We split one, due to the tastiness of the food we had eaten generously, and it was thick and custardy with the browned sugar incorporated in the top.

As said, the food was great. The service was wonderful, even to asking if we needed a little somthing for the dogs to eat. (We had brought our own.) The front patio had no ambiance, it was next to the street, but we totally enjoyed being able to eat real food, no take out, at a table.

I heartily recommend trying this little restaurant when you find yourself in Fort Stockton. It's worth the block or so off the usual stuff by the interstate.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

If you like Tex-Mex - this is the place. We learned about it from a maintenance man fixing the ice machine at our hotel! Heading out the door, he suggested this first, along with 2 other places. We headed to his first suggestion and were glad we did. Not fancy at all, simple decor, but clean. Friendly service with a smile. I had the chile relleno and taco with beans and spanish rice. My friend had the enchilada trio. It was all super! The salsa served with the tortilla chips was spicy but we like spicy. Great flavor in all the food.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

We tried them on a road trip. The enchiladas were very good the chili and stuffed pepper was the best I have had in years. The place is not very pretty but the service was good and the food made up for it .

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Ok, I used to drive an hour every week or 2 to this place to eat. It was my favorite place to eat about 15 yrs ago. I moved from the area, and haven't eaten there for many years. Was excited to see it was still open, so I made it a point to eat here again while back in the area.
First of all, the place was remodeled, and they added a tv. Its sectioned off now, instead of one, big room, so that was different, makes it look smaller, but no big deal.
We walk in, and stood at entrance for maybe 3-4 min to be seated. The servers walked in front of us, and totally ignored us until finally somebody came out and told us to be seated. We sat down, and sat there for about 5min before somebody asked for our drinks. She brought the drinks back after another 5min, and asked if we were ready to order. Wife was in bathroom, so we said we needed a few more minutes. Well, we waited about 15 min, and she disappeared. Finally, my wife asked another waitress if she could take our order, so was nice and took the order. We waited another 15 min or so, and food came. The food was horrible. No taste at all. I had the tacos, and they were pretty good though. My family members all got different items, and we all agreed, it was extremely bland and just blah.
I will say that the Queso Compuesto is excellent, and I gave a "poor" rating instead of terrible because of this.
If there is ever a "next-time" all I would get is the queso compuesto, and don't eat their horrible bland food and put up with their horrible service.
As we were eating, I could see our first waitress wandering around in the kitchen with a drink, so I never knew what happened to her??
My family left frustrated at the service, and disappointed in the bad food. This was last Saturday night, around 8pm, and there were maybe 4 other families eating in there as well. The bill was right at $45 for 4 people, so it wasn't cheap. As we were driving away, we had to stop at the walmart down the road and use their bathrooms as well. All 4 of us had upset stomachs after eating there. Luckily, our destination was 1 hour away.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

The frozen margaritas can be beat at home with a mix...but the food is excellent. Good Texas Mexican food but pass on the margaritas.