“Clean Friendly Clerk”

Motel 6 Ft. Stockton
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Reviewed March 23, 2012

Overall happy with Motel., Room was clean nothing fancy but what do you want for the money. I have stayed in more expensive hotels that were not as clean. This Motelis large Dog friendly and they do not charge for the Dogs, Room has a refrig and microwave, but no coffee maker, It has a table and chairs and a desk. The property appeared to be clean but we arrived very late,. Overall we were very happy,

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin C

Reviewed March 20, 2012

Stayed here one night as the break in our two day trip from Weslaco, TX to Albuquerque, NM. Rooms were brighter than I remembered, and clean. Bathroom is on the smallish side, but everything was clean and working. I must have been really tired, because I don't recall hearing anything outside.

Tiny TVs, and you have to pay for internet.

I would have no qualms staying here again if I ended up back in Ft. Stockton.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jeffari-al-texani
Reviewed January 12, 2012

I ended up getting into another hotel in the area tonight with the help of police officers who came and became referees between I as a customer, and the female front desk who was not able to handle customer relationship to satisfaction. Be warned as early as this time if you are traveling with small kids especially with a special need and dead tired from a long trip, I highly call your attention to NOT consider this Motel 6 in Stockton!!!~~~ I definitely agree that this place is unfriendlybto families, this staff Who represents the Motel 6 has high temper who does not know the meaning of RESPECT in their regulations. It started with my complaint upon checking in at 1045pm at Room 142 when me and my hubby found several shoemarks/ dirt on the floor since my concern was my youngest baby who has special needs. I went to the front desk and verbalized this nicely to her, but she immediately said "I cannot let you stay in the room you either have to move to the 2nd floor or get a refund!", I wondered why she jumped into this option immediately where in fact I only asked if she could have someone to clean it so we do not need to be moved as this will be another hassle to all of us since we do have a toddler and pre-schooler who needed rest that time (Imagine that it was just minutes when we unloaded the things from the car then we were given no option but to leave this place because she was the one who decided to issue the refund without our request)... It was so disappointing the fact that she was too inconsiderate and yet she had the guts to call the police officer for no reason at all! For what?!- to threaten me?! It ended up three officers came-in and it was so funny to see how she overreacted with the situation, I explained to the officer what happened, and a certain Officer Rangel apologized for the disgusting condition we encountered in Stockton by one of this isolated personality, I tried understanding it, with some parts of the situation was recorded in my phone video. Now, am in a process of bringing this up to the main management of Motel 6, their reputation is at stake due to this person, and they must improve the system by getting rid of her permanently asap she does not belong to this typeof industry, and I will continue to seek a proper treatment for this and a valid description of PROPER CUSTOMER CARE...! If you need to contact me about this concern please contact me through my personal email: julie071280@hotmail.com. Thankyou.

• Stayed: January 2012
3  Thank Jea0712
Reviewed January 12, 2012

This was by far the dirtiest motel we have ever stayed in. The carpet had puke stains on the floor, the bed linen was stained, and there were pubic hairs on the shower walls and floor. The room reaked of urine. I would recommend that this place be avoided.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Lawrence H
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We stayed here one night while passing thru town. It is a very busy Motel 6 with a lot of road weary travelers checking in and making requests. When we arrived, there were at least 5 people in front of us checking in and asking for ground floor rooms. We had a reservation and were processed in a timely manner with friendly service, by a new woman who was in training. Everyone with dogs stays here, so we did see some dogs unleashed running around. We had our dog as well, but on a leash. We could definitely hear people in the room next door to us during the night and could hear the first travelers at dawn getting ready to leave. They have a new Motel 6 design, with a one person crescent shaped shower with the shower head pointing in, new design that's a bit different, but with ample amounts of hot water. It's a typical motel 6. I would stay here if just passing through town.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 12, 2011

This is a good place if you need a cheap place to stay that allows dogs. The price was right for just passing through. If you are a light sleeper this may not be your best bet as you can hear everything going on outside. It was very busy and seemed to have people coming and going all night long and very early in the morning.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.