“Just use this hotel if you are passing by and need to continue traveling”

Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
USA
“Just use this hotel if you are passing by and need to continue traveling”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a week for work and these are my points of view:
PROS:
- Right next to main interstate, close to walmart and some restaurants with a Mcdonalds a block away.
- Clean workout facility
-Bananas provided at front desk for breakfast
-Free movie rental
-Outside pool well maintained
-Full kitchen in room with full fridge and cable in room
-Good ac system and water pressure in bathrooms
-A bowling aisle bout a block away with good food and theater
-Fast check out

CONS:
- All you see here is oil field workers who for most part have no education and parked in double spaces, drink by the gazebo at night and get into loud arguments when drunk waking up almost everyone in the hotel, parking lot full of mud dirty trucks after 6 pm so u have to park all the way behind the hotel.
-Dogs are welcomed and ANY DOG so expect loud barkings and some smell around common areas plus dog hair in some rooms
- Ladies at front desk do not welcome you with a smile , they are behind a wall playing on computer or on Facebook and just raise their head like saying "what do you want" it looked like they were doing me a favor ,definitely not a warming welcome the first day it got a little better after that.
- No complimentary breakfast
-Beds were just average not that comfortable
-In the five days I stayed they never cleaned my room and they charged like a regular hotel where cleaning is included
-All I say is try the Hampton inn next time maybe there's better things happening at that hotel

• Stayed September 2013
Elizabeth F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear bryanmantezoni,

On behalf of the Candlewood suites staff and I, We would like to thank you for your business and your loyalty. As you are aware we are an extended stay hotel and all of our suites have full size kitchens, therefore we do not provide a hot breakfast only a light continental which consist of fresh fruit, instant oatmeal and coffee. As for the housekeeping, rooms are only every 7 days for the privacy of our guest. Should you need clean linen the front desk will provide clean linen and terry. I apologize for any inconvenience you had during your stay with us and we hope you will still us our other brands that might accommodate you better.

Elizabeht Fabre
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Ok this is what's up. My girlfriend and I stayed at this crap bucket just last week. She found this place on the web and she was telling me how great it was going to be. First this town is full of oil field workers and they apparently all stay at this hotel. For the record I love oil field workers, they are just so sexy with their blackened hands. Anyway, the workers were noisy in the halls and the common areas were like their tailgate party. The rooms were clean for the most part, had a bike machine in the gym that we used and the hotel is pet friendly. There was no free breakfast there!!! Screw that. The price was almost 200 dollars! Not worth the money. Go next door to the many other hotels if you need to stay in ft Stockton.

• Stayed September 2013
Elizabeth F, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear AllenC,

On behalf of the Hotel staff and I, We would like to thank you for your business and also apologize for not being able to meet your expectations.
Our brand is not for everyone, we are an extended stay hotel, therefore we do not offer hot breakfast due to the fullsize kitchen in all of the suites and have many company men staying with us. As for our rates we are the least expensive of our competitors of the area.

ELizabeth Fabre
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

I arrived at the Candlewood Suites after driving all day and night. My stay was merely to get 6-8 hours sleep so I continue my trip home. Upon entering my room, everything looked ok but dated. But after I showered and pulled my sheets back, I saw a cluster of pubic hair. I was mortified. The working that night, immediately switched my room and credited my stay. However, the next morning when I asked for a copy of the receipt that showed they were not charging me, the front desk staff were brutally rude. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Beth L
Paul A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear BethL,

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites staff and I, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and i would also like to apologize for the inconvenience with your room and the front desk that following morning.

Anthem, Arizona
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Easy place to stop between Arizona and Texas off I-10. Adequate parking, but just. Small lobby and addtional room with vending machines and meals to purchase. Clean rooms with kitchen and full size frig. Try to reserve the two room suite. Tip: since there is no ice machine, start the ice maker in the freezer as soon as you enter room kif you want even a few cubes of ice. Nice bathroom and shower.

Room Tip: 2 room suite is excellent
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Paul A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Anthem49,

On behalf of the Candlewood suites staff and I, we would like to thank you for your business and for taking the time to respond with a positive review.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your suite and we hope you choose us again in your future travels through west texas.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Candlewood was a nice cozy little place to stay. We needed a hq to go to marfa and mcdonald observatory as all the hotels in those small cities were all booked up. The price was a little bit on the high side. 120 a night was a little steep. Plus the didnt offer a complimentary breakfast as they say that they are an extended stay hotel. To pay that much it could have been better, but all in all it was an ok little room. I also didnt like the fact that the ac's were controlled by a smart thermostat that turns off when you leave the room and it also turned off in the middle of the night so we woke up in a sweat. I feel that their rooms could be about 20-30$ cheaper for what you are really getting. Which is just a clean bed and a shower.

Room Tip: Be sure that you turn on the icemaker in the fridge as they dont have an icemaker anywhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Darren H,

On behalf of the hotel staff and I, we would like to thank you for your stay with us at the Candlewood Suites Hotel.
As you are aware, we are an extended stay hotel and our brand is not for everyone due to us not having a complimentary breakfast. IHG has other brands that might meet your needs better than we can. As for the rates, we are at a lower rate than our Competitors in the area.
We thank you for your business and hope you keep using IHG brands for your future travels.

Murrieta, California
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This was a very nice clean place to stay. The kitchen was very handy the bed was comfortable the bathroom had all of the necessary amenities. The room was quiet - no noise from the hallway or the neighbors. I'd definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank lizmit
Paul A, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Lizmit,

I'ld like to thank you from the Candlewood Suites staff and I, for taking time out of your schedule to write us a review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and made use of our amenities.
We hope to cater to you again in the near future.

Bastrop, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The room is nice, clean. However, we arrived late. I called while in transit. Spoke to Liz. She assured me that she would check me in to prevent the computer from cancelling our reservation and showing us as a no-show. Upon arrival, I had no reservation according to the desk clerk. Fortunately I had my confirmation number with me. She then told me that I had lost my room, but that she still had another room I could have. While it is likely we could have found a room elsewhere, as we were traveling on a Thursday night, I did not need the stress after 5 hard hours of driving and calling ahead to be sure we had no issues. I am not sure what else I could have done, and probably won't recommend this hotel. There are plenty of choices in Ft. Stockton besides this one.

Room Tip: Access to property from highway is confusing. More signage is needed.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shirley S
Paul A, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Shirley S,

First and foremost i want to thank you on behalf of the Candlewood Suites and I for still choosing to stay with us even though there were issues with your reservation.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and lack of communication there was with my staff about your reservation.
I hope you can give us a second chance to let us cater to you in the near future.

Operations Manager