“Blessed!”

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Blessed!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was grateful to the helpful folks who accommodated me during a busy, busy week! I felt so blessed to have a room at THIS hotel, which is so comfortable and beautifully decorated. This is a SUPERIOR Candlewood Suites and it is my first choice EVERY TIME I travel to Fort Stockton!

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor in the room nearest the outdoor grills and swimming pool. It was a wond...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kristy C
Paul A, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear Kristy C,

On behalf of the Candlewood staff and I, we wish to thank you for your business, and most importantly that you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the CWS.

We are glad that you enjoyed our brand and certainly look forward to serving you once again throughout your travels.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am in the Oil and Gas Industry and have been working in and out of Fort Stockton Hotels for the last six months. In that time I stayed at four different hotels, and the Candlewood Suites has been by far the best Hotel I have stayed. For one the hotel was just recently built, and the property is by far the best hotel in town. In Fort Stockton it is nearly impossible to find good service, but the front desk and the GM, Paul, have always gone above and beyond my expectaions in taking care of me as a guest. #307

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 295GregB
Dear Greg B.

On behalf of the Candlewood staff and I, we wish to thank you for your business, and most importantly that you enjoyed staying with us.

We thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us at the CWS for the past six months.

As a brand, we take pride to assure that you are provided with the utmost professionalism and making you feel at home when staying at our Candlewood Suites.

South Florida, Florida
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I’m a die-hard Marriott girl. I had never stayed in a Candlewood Suites before -- now, I am a fan of this Holiday Inn chain. This hotel is right off I-10 – in fact, it actually sits on the eastbound entrance ramp to I-10. There is a full kitchen – including stove and full-sized frig. The beds were super-comfy - overstuffed and firm with fresh, clean linens. I loved the bathroom – the BEST fluffy, thick towels! There is a work desk area, a living area with a nice recliner so you can prop yourself up in front of the flat screen TV. The suite was big and roomy. There was fantastic A/C (which you want in Texas). The bathroom was large and clean. I have mentioned this before and I love this about Holiday Inns – they have GREAT cloth shower curtains; not those plastic ones that sour; all hotels should have those shower curtains!

There are washers and dryers on the first floor that are FREE to use – yes, free! (3 washers, 4 dryers). There is a full gym (not that I use it, but I had to walk thru it for the washer/dryer).

Around this location, there are just fast food joints and gas stations. There’s a Walmart about 5 minutes away. If you are driving east to San Antonio or Austin or west to El Paso, be sure to gas-up your car here in Ft. Stockton. There's not much in the way of services on this long stretch of I-10.

If I HAD to whine about one thing, that would be no free breakfast; I’m all about free eats! There was free (good) coffee around-the-clock, but for breakfast you’d have to visit the McDonalds that’s 1 minute from the hotel. There is a little store in the hotel that sells snacks and little food items like that.

I found this hotel to be a bit on the pricey side. But, I believe it might be the best place in this town so I didn't have much choice. For what I got, the rate was actually reasonable. There's free wi-fi and free parking.

I travel a lot for pleasure and I always rely on my fellow Trip Advisors for places to say. If Trip Advisors say it’s dirty, I skip it; I always trust them. For this hotel, there seemed to be a couple bad reviews. I honestly do not understand any bad review of this hotel. I don’t care about frills, but I want spotless – I am basic, but FUSSY about cleanliness! This rates a big 5-stars with me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank tczig
Dear tczig,

On behalf of the Candlewood staff and I, we wish to thank you for your business, and more importantly that you enjoyed staying with us.

We thank you for taking the time to write us a wonderful review and for all the praise to the hotel and its staff for being able to provide you with a clean room and a great stay.

We hope to accomodate you in the same way on your next stay with us at the CWS in Fort Stockton TX.

Fort Stockton, Texas, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Paul Amaya the General Manager and the staff are by far the most professional staff I have observed during my traveling from state to state. The Candlewood is above standards in being courteous and clean. The rooms are very nice and "clean". The staff have made my stay great.
So I say thank you to Paul and the staff at the Candlewood Suites.

Russell SC

Room Tip: I have stayed on the second and third floor both are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Russell U
Dear Russell U,

On behalf of the Candlewood Staff and I, we wish to thank you for your stay with us and also for taking the time to write such a positive review about the hotel and its staff.

We hope to keep making your stay a great one.

Tn
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

This is a well maintained property. The area is filled with oil and gas workers thus the exceedingly high prices. I used my points however and it was only 10000 points. Be sure to call ahead they fill up just about every night. Oh, they charge extra for daily room service and don't give you breakfast!

• Stayed April 2013
Paul A, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear ThunderTN,

On behalf of the Candlewood staff, we wish to thank you for your business, and most importantly that you enjoyed your stay.

We are aware that as a consumer you have choices when selecting a hotel for your overnight or extended stay needs, we thank you for selecting our property and your loyalty as a PCR Member and selecting IHG Properties.

We hope to cater to you in the future!

Mackay, Idaho
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My wife and I were most impressed with our King Suite in Fort Stockton. It was spotlessly clean, very roomy and with nice cookware for the overnight traveler. For the price, I favor this over the higher priced "breakfast included" genre of motel competitors. But the best part was the exceptional staff. They are thoroughly trained professionals of a caliber not normally encountered in even five star hotels. They show the highest regard for establishing return customers. They accommodated us with cheer in every detail. We will not even shop for another motel in Fort Stockton, and we will start trying Candlewood Suites in other locations as well.
J.H. - Idaho

Room Tip: Just trust the staff.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 306JimH
Dear 306JimH,

On behalf of the staff and I here at the Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton we want to thank you for taking time to write a heartfelt and kind review.

The statf and I pride ourselves in assuring we extend our courteous professionalism to each and every guest that walks thru our front doors.

We want to make certain you and your family have a memorable and enjoyable experience here at the CWS Fort Stockton.

We thank you for your Business and hope to see you in the near Future!

Clayton, California
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed one night on a cross country drive with our three dogs. Even though the room was one of their "pet" rooms, the room was very nice and clean. The staff was nice, professional and courteous. My wife and I have no problem recommending this hotel and we would definitely stay there again for one night or multiple.

Stayed March 2013
Paul A, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Fort Stockton, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear MpdHarley,

On behalf of the Candlewood Suites staff and I, we sincerely appreciate the positive comments you have said about our hotel are are glad we could accommodate you and your 4 legged family Member.