“OUTSTANDING BREAKFAST, clean, comfortable, spacious room”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We've been on the road for 16 days now on our trip to the Southwestern states. This Comfort Suites is by far the best stop we've had lately. We got a king size room. There was a separation wall between the bed and the desk area. Sofa and lamp made relaxing easy. The TV can be turned towards the sofa - just slide it on top of the dresser. Large bathroom, small frig and microwave - everything one needs is here. Very clean. Extremely comfortable mattress. I had a good night's sleep. QUIET air conditioner (Yeah!) The breakfast was outstanding. Bacon, scrambled eggs, french toast, juice, fruit, danish, English muffins, yogurt, waffles, boiled eggs, you name it, they had it. After several mornings of just standard fare, this was a treat! The girls on the desk are very friendly. The assistants in the breakfast area were helpful and polite. What more can you ask for? One thing that bothered me, and it is not the fault of the hotel, but rather the design of the building, is that there is no way to block out the sun coming in the West side of the building. They have sheers that can be pulled to the middle, but the room darkening drapes are 1/2 width and hung so that they can't be pulled. If you are arriving in the late afternoon and want to watch TV before supper, make sure you ask for a room that faces East.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing East unless you want the setting sun in your face and on your TV screen.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sharon C

Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed here for one night in July 2012. The room we stayed in had a sitting area and a half wall dividing it from the area with the bed. Though not a luxurious suite, it was probably bigger than a regular hotel room.

The room was clean and had a microwave, fridge, and coffeepot. The bathroom contained a price list, in case a guest decided to take an (overpriced!) alarm clock or coffee pot home with them.

The complimentary breakfast provided was better than average. Overall, this was a good and convenient place to stop to sleep.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank agdwsu
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

Only 1 medium sized tv in front of the beds making the chair and couch in the sitting area mostly useless. Bed was great, pool and spa was nice. Nice fitness room. Breakfast was ok but nothing special. Staff member who checked me in was nice but the lady in the morning was just ok. Kinda seemed annoyed she had to deal with checking me out. I would return ONLY IF all the other hotels in town are full or they lower the price to more in line for what amenities the room had.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Michael H
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Driving I10, we needed a place to stop after our first day's drive. This was a pretty nice property. It was easy to get to and the staff was very nice. I was a little disappointed in the breakfast (the sausage patties seemed almost cool), but I guess I could have put them in the microwave. I'd stay here again if we're on the road again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank djr
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have stayed here off and on for 5 years. Mrs Patel and staff have been amazing. We will continue to stay here with our business. The staff is always friendly and knowledgable about the area which makes our stay better. The breakfast is always full and hot no matter how busy they are. Our rooms were are always clean and ready when we got off of work. If anybody is looking for a hotel for oilfield workers, this is the one you need.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Chip M
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here because seemed everyplace else in town was booked and it was 2 in the morning and we desperately needed a few hours sleep and then to be on our way. Given the chain that it is, seemed overpriced (as in, everything in town is booked so let's gouge the strays, guessing their overpriced rooms is why they were last place in town to have a room), especially since we would not benefit from breakfast as we were leaving early. But room was acceptable enough so can't complain too much about that.

Problem was that several days after staying there, noticed the room charge was on my credit card ($109) plus the same amount on my card was pending on a second charge ($109) plus a third charge was pending (something like $79). I didn't understand the first pending charge, certainly didn't understand the second pending charge, called the hotel, staffer said It is standard to put greater hold on card than the room charge (thus the second $109) but she said she could not explain the other pending charge ($79) and that maybe I should contact my bank (which made no sense to me).

She did say, however, that the chain's policy is for pending charges to be cleared off in 7-10 days. I said 10 days, that's ridiculous! She said she agreed but could do nothing.

Anyhow, told her I would let others know in a review that they might not want to stay here while on vacation since it might eat up a bunch of their credit limit for 10 days. (It did lessen my card's credit limit in the amount of the pendings till they came off days later, no big deal for us currently but maybe would be bad for people making longer stays, like if you stayed three nights, would they charge that and then put hold in the amount of the same three nights, or for people with small limits, might ruin rest of trip if enough limit was not available for their needs or emergencies.)

My husband just reminded me that it irritated him that when we drove up to this place after being unable to find rooms anywhere else, that there was a handwritten sign taped to the glass doors saying NO VACANCIES. He could see a young woman who appeared to be slumped over sleeping at the desk so he went in to make sure there were no rooms and surprise, they had one. Not a hugely service-oriented place it seems.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank papertravel
rachelpatel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

First of all i would like to apologize for misunderstanding of "sleeping" at the front desk....The front desk is high and the desk is low so when they are reading it looks like that way and the person behind the front desk is hard to see if sitting down.

As for the credit card 'holds" debit cards have been a big issue in the hotel industry and is very unwise to use. The computers are set up to "authorize" $15 extra for incidentials for purchases from the sundry store and telephone calls beyond the total cost of the stay. We would assume it would realise the extra money but that is beyond our control and is dependant on the individual banks. As for the extra authorizations on the card it could have been a computer clich. We at the front desk do not have the ability to get extra authorizations . I do know that when people look at the bank account it shows several charges that are ghost charges and are not real because it has happened to me and within one or two days its only one charge....and that has something to do with how the banks have set things up. It is wise to ask your banks how debit cards work and how long it takes them to release extra authorization holds. I also do have a sign at the front desk explaining the use of debit cards

Reviewed July 27, 2012

The over appearance of the hotel was nice......but the second you stepped foot into the lobby, it smelled like rotted eggs...very rancid and putrid. The hotel rooms were very muggy and almost felt moist. We didn't bother to go to our free breakfast because my whole family wasn't sure they could tolerate the smell of the hotel while eating their food. This hotel does not warrant the $145.00 price tag. I will not be staying here again. On a positive note, the gentleman who checked us in was very quick (probably cause he didn't want us to keep smelling the odor in the lobby). Upon check out, there was a young woman working at the desk who was less than nice and seemed quite bothered to have me up there checking out.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jennifer H
rachelpatel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

I do apologize for the rotten egg smell. I walked in this last monday and smelt it. I know the smell was coming from the central air conditioners but could not pin point it. Today i finally figured out where the smell was coming from....we had an open drain that has never been used and it was dry.....and the ac was carrying the smell. I just wanted to let you know that we solved the problem.