Comfort Suites
$150
$106
Super 8 Ft Stockton(Fort Stockton)
$128
$101
Travelocity
Budget Inn(Fort Stockton)
$89
Deluxe Inn(Fort Stockton)(Great Value!)
$139
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
Sleep Inn & Suites(Fort Stockton)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsfront deskfrench toastwafflesroom was cleanfine placelarge bathroombreakfast baran overnight staybetter than averagechoice hotelsgreat place to staynight's restnew mexicobig bendwould definitely stay here againnight's sleepstayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Driving I10, we needed a place to stop after our first day's drive. This was a pretty nice property. It was easy to get to and the staff was very nice. I was a little disappointed in the breakfast (the sausage patties seemed almost cool), but I guess I could have put them in the microwave. I'd stay here again if we're on the road again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank djr
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have stayed here off and on for 5 years. Mrs Patel and staff have been amazing. We will continue to stay here with our business. The staff is always friendly and knowledgable about the area which makes our stay better. The breakfast is always full and hot no matter how busy they are. Our rooms were are always clean and ready when we got off of work. If anybody is looking for a hotel for oilfield workers, this is the one you need.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Chip M
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here because seemed everyplace else in town was booked and it was 2 in the morning and we desperately needed a few hours sleep and then to be on our way. Given the chain that it is, seemed overpriced (as in, everything in town is booked so let's gouge the strays, guessing their overpriced rooms is why they were last place in town to have a room), especially since we would not benefit from breakfast as we were leaving early. But room was acceptable enough so can't complain too much about that.

Problem was that several days after staying there, noticed the room charge was on my credit card ($109) plus the same amount on my card was pending on a second charge ($109) plus a third charge was pending (something like $79). I didn't understand the first pending charge, certainly didn't understand the second pending charge, called the hotel, staffer said It is standard to put greater hold on card than the room charge (thus the second $109) but she said she could not explain the other pending charge ($79) and that maybe I should contact my bank (which made no sense to me).

She did say, however, that the chain's policy is for pending charges to be cleared off in 7-10 days. I said 10 days, that's ridiculous! She said she agreed but could do nothing.

Anyhow, told her I would let others know in a review that they might not want to stay here while on vacation since it might eat up a bunch of their credit limit for 10 days. (It did lessen my card's credit limit in the amount of the pendings till they came off days later, no big deal for us currently but maybe would be bad for people making longer stays, like if you stayed three nights, would they charge that and then put hold in the amount of the same three nights, or for people with small limits, might ruin rest of trip if enough limit was not available for their needs or emergencies.)

My husband just reminded me that it irritated him that when we drove up to this place after being unable to find rooms anywhere else, that there was a handwritten sign taped to the glass doors saying NO VACANCIES. He could see a young woman who appeared to be slumped over sleeping at the desk so he went in to make sure there were no rooms and surprise, they had one. Not a hugely service-oriented place it seems.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank papertravel
rachelpatel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

First of all i would like to apologize for misunderstanding of "sleeping" at the front desk....The front desk is high and the desk is low so when they are reading it looks like that way and the person behind the front desk is hard to see if sitting down.

As for the credit card 'holds" debit cards have been a big issue in the hotel industry and is very unwise to use. The computers are set up to "authorize" $15 extra for incidentials for purchases from the sundry store and telephone calls beyond the total cost of the stay. We would assume it would realise the extra money but that is beyond our control and is dependant on the individual banks. As for the extra authorizations on the card it could have been a computer clich. We at the front desk do not have the ability to get extra authorizations . I do know that when people look at the bank account it shows several charges that are ghost charges and are not real because it has happened to me and within one or two days its only one charge....and that has something to do with how the banks have set things up. It is wise to ask your banks how debit cards work and how long it takes them to release extra authorization holds. I also do have a sign at the front desk explaining the use of debit cards

Reviewed July 27, 2012

The over appearance of the hotel was nice......but the second you stepped foot into the lobby, it smelled like rotted eggs...very rancid and putrid. The hotel rooms were very muggy and almost felt moist. We didn't bother to go to our free breakfast because my whole family wasn't sure they could tolerate the smell of the hotel while eating their food. This hotel does not warrant the $145.00 price tag. I will not be staying here again. On a positive note, the gentleman who checked us in was very quick (probably cause he didn't want us to keep smelling the odor in the lobby). Upon check out, there was a young woman working at the desk who was less than nice and seemed quite bothered to have me up there checking out.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Jennifer H
rachelpatel, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2012

I do apologize for the rotten egg smell. I walked in this last monday and smelt it. I know the smell was coming from the central air conditioners but could not pin point it. Today i finally figured out where the smell was coming from....we had an open drain that has never been used and it was dry.....and the ac was carrying the smell. I just wanted to let you know that we solved the problem.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We stayed here on our way to Fort Hood and back, from Arizona. We stayed in an accessible room that accommodated our large family (slept 6). Cleanliness is my primary concern while staying at a hotel and this met my standard. . I have been pleased with Comfort Suites and their cleanliness. I always look for this chain while traveling. Also, very affordable when using our discount through HSLDA.

Breakfast was okay. Being able to make our own waffles was a plus. Healthier food selections would be nice, but not necessary. Coffee wasn't too bad and it was nice to have a to-go cup since there weren't any Starbucks between this town and El Paso.

We didn't use the pool, so I cannot comment on that. Beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 206 and could see the back parking lot, which is where we parked our vehicle with trailer and could keep an eye on it. The room was quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family