“Great Stay”

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Brooksville, Florida
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2011

I had the opportunity stay at this hotel for 2 weeks. I must say that my stay there was great. All of the staff was extremely helpful. The rooms were large and very well kept. Nice indoor pool that was great for swimming laps in. All of the equipment in the exercise room was up to date and in very good condition. The manager there was one of the best in the business. The concern that she showed was genuine. During my 2 week stay there I was responsible for housing firefighters from all over while they were in Texas helping with the wildfires. This was a very difficult task. The staff did everything they could to make my job as easy as possible. The management there went out of there way to correct any billing errors. I must say that most of the errors were mine and not theirs. I would highly recommend this hotel for business or pleasure. This place is right off of I-10 on the main st and is central to everything.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Airforce95

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Nice size room with sofa area, mini frig, microwave and free wifi. Hit breakfast includes scrambled eggs, make your own waffles or oatmeal.

• Stayed September 2011
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

Quick stop in Ft. Stockton on our way to San Antonio. Good value with decent breakfast and indoor pool for the kids to splash around. Fitness center was in good working order. Plenty of space in the 2 queen room, with a pullout sofa.

• Stayed July 2011
Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

It was a very nice hotel. Stayed here twice going to Big Bend and coming back. Worth the stay!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank The2Moores
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2011

After a long a tiring drive from Houston, I came across Fort Stockton, and was very disappointed in how small it was, but I was at my limit for the day and decided to stay here. I must say, best choice I've ever made for a stay in a hotel! My first walk into the hotel and I noticed the lobby, a fire place, a TV, and a place to sit. The desk clerk was very nice and was very helpful as well. When I checked in I had no problem getting a great room, because as the name says "Comfort Suites" the room was literally a comforting suite. It was very spacious and for the amount I paid, was even more than I expected. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. If I ever do this drive again, I'll surely stay here.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Wowstays
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

I was driving from Houston to California and stayed here in mid June 2011. The room was spacious and clean. The breakfast was great (did not have an overabundance of choices but still had plenty).

I would highly recommend this hotel for people traveling on I-10 and stopping in Ft Stockton. The location is perfect (easy access to I-10, large parking lot to accomodate U-Haul trucks). There is also a good, down home BBQ restaurant almost across the street called K-Bob's.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank blinnenkohl
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2011

Stockon itself is nothing much, so for us the stay was the main event. There is an information center on old Fort Stockton, but it was closed. The number of stores to shop is rather limited. The temperature of 111 Fahrenheit that day, - may have been a factor.

The beds are nice and we slept well. With "well" I mean the alarm clock had to wake me up at 07:30, a time I am usually awake. The rooms are large and has one medium sized TV with an array of channels. We enjoyed the information leaflet on which channels were where.

There is a fitness room with two treadmills and several other apparatus, and of course an air condition too cool you off. The room even has a wright for your to measure your body weight. There is an indoor pool where you also can swim. Some indoor pools are too small for that.

The wifi wireless was uncooperative. I got in, but was thrown out. I have an AT&T connection and had to relay on that. Problem with wifi in the Choice chain is a general problem that is best solved by a universal solution from by Choice. This is the problem with branding, " as the franchise issuer you should solve problems related to clients moving from hotel to hotel within the chain."

The hotel and it's decor is modern and leaves an upscale impression. At USD 116 it was very good value for money.

Room Tip: Good value for money