“Better than Expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Roswell, GA
“Better than Expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2007

Did not expect much from what I read. My room was cool, clean and quiet. Good hot water and pressure. Not so great breakfast but nice grounds and very safe. I remember this as a Holiday Inn many years ago and it is much improved since then. I suggest IHOP for breakfast out on the Interstate however. My feeling is if you want to pay $70.00, you should not expect any more than this. It fit the bill just fine.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — No dining
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
houston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2007

Keep on driving do not stay at this dump! This hotel was gross! It was dirty, carpet was not vacummed anywhere, bugs were crawling on the walls, hair on toilets, in the shower stall there was mildew, soap scumb, and cracks. I coundn't sleep and couldn't wait to check out!

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Fort Stockton hotels

College Station, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2006

We had to stay in Fort Stockton after a long day of driving. The first hotel we tried was already full, so this was the next one. It was packed as I'm sure it is most every night. There isn't a lot of choice on I10 between San Antonio and El Paso. The room was tired and not the cleanest bathroom I've stayed at. But with this many people staying here each night they probably need more staff to keep up with the details. Try another if you have a choice.

• Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2006

I stayed at this place for one night. It was gross! When I got to the room the vent cover in the bathroom was lying on the floor. The bathroom tub looked dirty, as did the carpeting. I couldn't wait to check out in the morning. As an added bonus, I could hear other guests having domestic arguments as I walked down the hallway to my room. This place is definitely not soundproof.

Stayed February 2006
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2005

My fiancee and I stayed at Comfort Inn for 2 nights recently in the jacuzzi suite. We were disappointed in the lack of cleanliness of the room.
The carpet did not appear to have been vacuumed and the jacuzzi was dirty which I cleaned myself before using it.
The sink would not drain well and couldn't be used long before filling up. Also, one of the bedside lamps flickered on/off and soon would not work at all.
The TV menu listed in the little frame on top of TV unit was outdated and no pay per view channels were available anymore.
Also, I was unable to connect to the internet with my laptop for business purposes and was unable to get help from night clerk, though she was kind.
Lastly, we placed a do not disturb sign on the door. However, the hotel maids knocked while making their rounds. The lady was appologetic.
We arrived late and were very tired. I had been working away for several weeks and looked forward to a restful weekend together. I expected this hotel to be the best in town and it came highly rated. When I checked out the desk clerk did not ask any questions about our stay, so I decided I would write a letter. For the price I paid, I expected better quality. Hopefully, this was a only a rare thing.

Stayed April 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2002

The room was nice and fairly clean, the breakfast was plentiful having meats as well as standard continental breakfast goodies, but most of the hot foods were not kept warm. The hotel grounds were ok and would recommend to anyone for in the 50 - 100 dollar range.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member