“Room smells like pee.bathrooms are sickening.blood & holes on sheets.Don't stay here!!”

Days Inn Fort Stockton
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

I reserved my room few days before I had to stay here.me and my 9yr old niece.I specifically told them plenty of times not to charge my credit card(unless I didn't show up after midnight,because that's their policy..don't show/they'll charge u)..but I told them I was paying cash tons of times.by the time I got there after spending more than half the day driving(i completely forgot they had my room on hold with my credit card with nothing on it)..I was paying cash..guy didn't ask me for cash..and handed me a folded up piece of paper(which was receipt) and i don't realize til the middle of the night he charged my credit card(because he never asked me for cash) so I get up & told him how I completely forgot.and he just laughed and said "well your bank will charge you a fee or something,you should have told me earlier".and I know very well he could have credited it back to my account and I would've handed him cash.but NO.NO help at all.the room smelled like someone poured pee all over the room,there was holes and blood drops on the sheets.the bathroom/shower was sooooo nasty & molded.I wish I could get my money back from here.worst hotel I've ever stayed at by far.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank ginalove254

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed in room 201 and had no problems. The room was clean, we never heard another guest despite being at the top of stairs. Breakfast was meh. Waffles, microwavable biscuits and eggs. The showers and bathroom were clean and functioned just fine. $89.99 was probably a fair price for the area. Easy access to I-10, and a short drive to the "sit down" restaurants.

Room Tip: No elevator.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lancaster, California
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel the second night of a recent vacation trip. We were going from our home in California on our way to San Antonio.

The hotel was better than I expected given some of the reviews I had read here on tripadvisor.

We arrived late, probably about 9:30 after a full day of travel from Tucson, AZ. The front desk clerk was friendly and helpful. We got to our room and appreciated that decor and the furnishing, probably one of the nicest pieces of furniture held a flat screen tv. The microwave and refrigerator were hidden in the cabinets under the tv. I have no complaints about the bathroom. I do appreciate hotels using the curtains with a clear section to allow more light in to the tub/shower area. The bath amenities were good.

Breakfast was okay, not overly remarkable, but okay for a quick meal.

There is a McDonald's right across the small side street, very convenient if you need it.

We did not use the pool, but it looked well maintained and would have proved inviting if we had not arrived so late and were so tired.

The lobby had a guest computer, but I did not use it. The WiFi in my room worked well with my phone, so I used that.

I had no problems at this location. I would definitely book a room here again if I were in the area.

Room Tip: I used the navigation system in my car to get directions to this hotel, and wound up way south of to...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed July 7, 2012

I would almost sleep in my car before ever sleeping in this hotel. I checked out within 2 minutes and thank goodness, found another hotel in area. It is disgusting......the bath surrond was cracked, with pieces of mortar falling out.....filthy carpet, the bedding was torn and had many holes.....the pillows were stained. The room was near a small, wierd ice machine and there was garbage laying around it and stagnant, dirty water......The lobby has about 100 very old, very dusty plastic flowers
Days Inn needs to buckle down on their franchisees......based on this experience, I will never stay in a Days Inn

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Linda L

Travelers are raving about these Fort Stockton hotels

Willcox, Arizona
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We were traveling and wanted a place to stay about half way to our destination. I knew Fort Stockton was pretty much a hole in the road so I read reviews of motels and decided on this one. Check in was easy and we were able to park in front of our room which was nice since it was bad weather. The room left a lot to be desired. There was a big screen plasma TV mounted that obviously did not work, so they had just sat another one in front of it. The coffee pot was FILTHY, inside and out and I would not use it. Lighting in the bathroom was 70'ish with a grate thing over the lights that dimmed the lighting in the bathroom. The bathroom sink drained so very slowly I thought it was going to stop up. There was a big gap under the front door that a critter could have crawled through. The room was decorated in very out dated, dark attire. We called that night to request a wake up call and the phone rang 47 times before I finally hung up. Breakfast??? Just ok, We were turned off by the pre measured waffle mix in styrofoam cups, not really up to health code standards. Overall, I would NOT stay there again and felt like I needed a bath after leaving the town in itself.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Bellflower, California
Reviewed May 24, 2012

After a long drive from Houston Texas we decided to stay at this hotel. We checked in at 4:30 pm and was given a handicap room. This was the last king size room they had. We unpacked and was about to relax when I noticed there were flies everwhere in our room. I went to the front desk, the office clerk gave me a fly swatter. Besides the flies, our restroom smelled and during the nite we were bitten around our ankles. The next morning I complained to the same office clerk about the horrible condition of the room. Since we stayed in our room for more than 12 hours she can not see why we are complaining. We should have complained earlier, and to prove the bites we should go to the hospital. Customer service and customer satisfaction is not their top priority.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family