“Lacks staff with personality”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Mesa, Arizona
“Lacks staff with personality”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The motel itself was in fairly good condition. The bed is comfortable and the room seems clean. I think the whole place is a little outdated, and parking is a little limited.
My two biggest complaints are the pricing and the desk clerk.
I have been to many motels, and a lot of Quality Inns...I'm a choice member and usually stay at Quality or Comfort Suites. This particular motel, in my opinion is very over priced. I've stayed in much more reasonably priced Quality Inns that were cleaner, friendlier, had better parking, offered more ammenities, and were better values.
My other complajnt was with the desk clerk. She had no personality at all. Motels and hotels are part of a service industry that deals constantly with people. One would think the desk clerk, the person we, as customers, deal with, would be friendly and cordial. Not here. I felt like I was bothering her when I asked a question. Maybe she was having a bad day, but at least put on a smile.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed February 20, 2014

This motel was terrible. There was oil stains on the covers on the bed, the room was tiny, it was $90, and very run down. Room service was bad. Breakfast was terrible. Don't stay here. You're better off in Motel 6.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank justlikeschleck

Travelers are raving about these Fort Stockton hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 25, 2014

We spent one night here on our drive through west Texas. No complaints, generally clean and in good shape. Included microwave and fridge, Wi-Fi and breakfast (eggs, sausage, waffles, etc.). The owner/manager and his wife were super nice and friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stay here on our way home from Houston a couple of times a year, most recently in early December. This time it was my husband and I so we got a room with one king bed. I expected it to be less expensive than the room we got before when we traveled with our grandson and had two queens, but instead it was more! We did not make a reservation this time, I wonder if that made a difference. The bathroom in this unit was a little larger and that was good. While we appreciate the breakfast, this time it was just awful. The eggs are horrendous, they had no regular coffee and I had to settle for decaf, not a good thing before a very long day of driving.

Room Tip: Noisy since it's very close to highway, try getting a room in the middle of the building. If yo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
texas
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Great everything at this hotel. Especially the price. Big room, very clean, great service (checking in and out). What surprised me was the delicious hot breakfast in the morning. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank jenjen1398
Eagle Pass, Texas
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Checked into Quality Inn on 12/27/13. Check in was fast and courteous. Room exceeded our expectation, very clean and comfy. I checked other hotels in the vicinity, and all were about $25-$40 more. Double Queen room accomodated two adults and two children just fine. All equipment was in working condition as was the internet. The breakfast dining area is a bit small. However, the manager was very polite and generous, trying to accomodate people as best as she could. It was a hot breakfast; very good. Good location (walmart within walking distance). Highly recommend!

Room Tip: No elevators.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jaceptx
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Well, this Quality Inn meets all my criteria for an Interstate motel in West TX: hot & cold running water, etc. (see title). The floor of the room was kind of uneven, like the sub-floor decking was made out of numerous pieces of plywood that had gaps between them. Weird, but I didn't fall through. Bed was OK, everything worked in the bathroom. WiFi internet worked. TV worked. And the breakfast was the usual cellulose biscuits and sausage and hydrogenate egg emulsions. Hey, there is even a KFC next door for the truly adventurous. But, Ft Stockton, on the whole, remains a huge enigma for me. It is an armpit, instead of an oasis (which is its real potential) at the crossroads of I-10 and several other major state highways. Why is this city not more like Roswell NM or Carlsbad NM? It is just a sad-sack place that most folks cannot drive through fast enough.

Room Tip: Bring your own bathroom towels. I've used better ones to wash & dry my car.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business