“Good experience”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Los Angeles, California
“Good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

We spent one night here on our drive through west Texas. No complaints, generally clean and in good shape. Included microwave and fridge, Wi-Fi and breakfast (eggs, sausage, waffles, etc.). The owner/manager and his wife were super nice and friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stay here on our way home from Houston a couple of times a year, most recently in early December. This time it was my husband and I so we got a room with one king bed. I expected it to be less expensive than the room we got before when we traveled with our grandson and had two queens, but instead it was more! We did not make a reservation this time, I wonder if that made a difference. The bathroom in this unit was a little larger and that was good. While we appreciate the breakfast, this time it was just awful. The eggs are horrendous, they had no regular coffee and I had to settle for decaf, not a good thing before a very long day of driving.

Room Tip: Noisy since it's very close to highway, try getting a room in the middle of the building. If yo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Great everything at this hotel. Especially the price. Big room, very clean, great service (checking in and out). What surprised me was the delicious hot breakfast in the morning. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank jenjen1398
Eagle Pass, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Checked into Quality Inn on 12/27/13. Check in was fast and courteous. Room exceeded our expectation, very clean and comfy. I checked other hotels in the vicinity, and all were about $25-$40 more. Double Queen room accomodated two adults and two children just fine. All equipment was in working condition as was the internet. The breakfast dining area is a bit small. However, the manager was very polite and generous, trying to accomodate people as best as she could. It was a hot breakfast; very good. Good location (walmart within walking distance). Highly recommend!

Room Tip: No elevators.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jaceptx
Houston, Texas, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

Well, this Quality Inn meets all my criteria for an Interstate motel in West TX: hot & cold running water, etc. (see title). The floor of the room was kind of uneven, like the sub-floor decking was made out of numerous pieces of plywood that had gaps between them. Weird, but I didn't fall through. Bed was OK, everything worked in the bathroom. WiFi internet worked. TV worked. And the breakfast was the usual cellulose biscuits and sausage and hydrogenate egg emulsions. Hey, there is even a KFC next door for the truly adventurous. But, Ft Stockton, on the whole, remains a huge enigma for me. It is an armpit, instead of an oasis (which is its real potential) at the crossroads of I-10 and several other major state highways. Why is this city not more like Roswell NM or Carlsbad NM? It is just a sad-sack place that most folks cannot drive through fast enough.

Room Tip: Bring your own bathroom towels. I've used better ones to wash & dry my car.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Uvalde, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Quality Inn is located in the northwest part of Fort Stockton, Texas, just south of Interstate 10. I liked everything about it. The room was great, clean and everything worked. I cannot say anything about the internet because I did not use my computer on this trip. The rooms are "motel style" and this is the only time I have ever had to walk outside and then re-enter the motel to get to the breakfast nook. That is not a complaint, just an interesting observation. Usually the motels I stay in that offer free, full breakfasts have interior rooms. The eggs were "omelet style." That is, eggs were poured into a form and then cooked inside the round form. The sausage was good and so was everything else they offered, though the breakfast nook is a bit small and was crowded as a result.
There is a huge selection of TV channels available in the rooms. This will be my motel of choice whenever I stay in Fort Stockton in the future.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank brushcountrydweller
Georgetown, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had requested room on upper floor in my reservation. Desk clerk on evening shift noted that request, and when she saw system had put my on first floor, changed it, and went to my room to turn on AC unit. She told me this when I checked in. I thought that was a nice professional touch on her part, to ensure I got what I asked for, and that my room was cooled by the time I got there. This is an older property and does show some wear, but what I saw was well maintained. My room was neat and clean, very firm bed, with a fridge and micro. Wi-Fi worked fine for me. Did not check out pool. A big plus is this hotel sits back from the highway a bit so there was no truck noise to disturb my sleep. Breakfast was very good - included eggs, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, fresh made waffles, fruit, etc. Front desk staff very personable, as was the breakfast room staff. Overall I feel I got excellent value for my money

Room Tip: No elevator, so if staying on 2nd floor need to carry your bags up stairs.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo