“Awesomeness”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

Great everything at this hotel. Especially the price. Big room, very clean, great service (checking in and out). What surprised me was the delicious hot breakfast in the morning. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank jenjen1398

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Checked into Quality Inn on 12/27/13. Check in was fast and courteous. Room exceeded our expectation, very clean and comfy. I checked other hotels in the vicinity, and all were about $25-$40 more. Double Queen room accomodated two adults and two children just fine. All equipment was in working condition as was the internet. The breakfast dining area is a bit small. However, the manager was very polite and generous, trying to accomodate people as best as she could. It was a hot breakfast; very good. Good location (walmart within walking distance). Highly recommend!

Room Tip: No elevators.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank jaceptx
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Well, this Quality Inn meets all my criteria for an Interstate motel in West TX: hot & cold running water, etc. (see title). The floor of the room was kind of uneven, like the sub-floor decking was made out of numerous pieces of plywood that had gaps between them. Weird, but I didn't fall through. Bed was OK, everything worked in the bathroom. WiFi internet worked. TV worked. And the breakfast was the usual cellulose biscuits and sausage and hydrogenate egg emulsions. Hey, there is even a KFC next door for the truly adventurous. But, Ft Stockton, on the whole, remains a huge enigma for me. It is an armpit, instead of an oasis (which is its real potential) at the crossroads of I-10 and several other major state highways. Why is this city not more like Roswell NM or Carlsbad NM? It is just a sad-sack place that most folks cannot drive through fast enough.

Room Tip: Bring your own bathroom towels. I've used better ones to wash & dry my car.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Quality Inn is located in the northwest part of Fort Stockton, Texas, just south of Interstate 10. I liked everything about it. The room was great, clean and everything worked. I cannot say anything about the internet because I did not use my computer on this trip. The rooms are "motel style" and this is the only time I have ever had to walk outside and then re-enter the motel to get to the breakfast nook. That is not a complaint, just an interesting observation. Usually the motels I stay in that offer free, full breakfasts have interior rooms. The eggs were "omelet style." That is, eggs were poured into a form and then cooked inside the round form. The sausage was good and so was everything else they offered, though the breakfast nook is a bit small and was crowded as a result.
There is a huge selection of TV channels available in the rooms. This will be my motel of choice whenever I stay in Fort Stockton in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank brushcountrydweller
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I had requested room on upper floor in my reservation. Desk clerk on evening shift noted that request, and when she saw system had put my on first floor, changed it, and went to my room to turn on AC unit. She told me this when I checked in. I thought that was a nice professional touch on her part, to ensure I got what I asked for, and that my room was cooled by the time I got there. This is an older property and does show some wear, but what I saw was well maintained. My room was neat and clean, very firm bed, with a fridge and micro. Wi-Fi worked fine for me. Did not check out pool. A big plus is this hotel sits back from the highway a bit so there was no truck noise to disturb my sleep. Breakfast was very good - included eggs, sausage, biscuits and sausage gravy, fresh made waffles, fruit, etc. Front desk staff very personable, as was the breakfast room staff. Overall I feel I got excellent value for my money

Room Tip: No elevator, so if staying on 2nd floor need to carry your bags up stairs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tom O
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I accidentally booked this thinking it was the top rated place to stay in Fort Stockton (I was on the second page of reviews!). This motel looks nice from the outside and the desk clerk was friendly and helpful.

The first nonsmoking room we were given stank of smoke and the helpful desk clerk gave us a new room. Which didn't smell of smoke.

The "Quality" of the room cleaning was very poor, the under sheets were fresh and clean and the Capet had been hoovered. The pillows were small lumpy uncomfortable square shaped things and the bed was very firm, I personally like a firm mattress but my wife found it uncomfortable.

The whole place needed a deep clean (see photos).
The bath was a grimy brown colour.
The shower head seemed to have algae growing on it.
The fridge was dirty.
The sofa arms were worn and sticky.
The windowsill was covered in dust.
There was a definite body fluid stain on the bed cover.
The WiFi was intermittent and slow.
The air con was also pretty noisy as was the fridge, who seemed to have a tag team thing going on throughout the night. One would go quiet just as the other kicked in.

Other than that it was alright.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank mightyquin69
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The problem with locating a hotel in Ft Stockton is that they are overpriced for the quality. Taking that into mind I searched the web for the best prices and found this hotel on a website listed about $30 less then their website. The hot breakfast is not my idea of a hot breakfast. Microwaved eggs and sausage! The make your own waffles were okay. Otherwise I would call this a continental breakfast. The room was very large and clean and comfortable. I did not like the small pillows and needed to stack them to sleep. The hotel is a little in need of some minor repairs but is a typical small town hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple