“Not the worst hotel, but far from great”

La Quinta Inn Fort Stockton
Ranked #15 of 17 Hotels in Fort Stockton
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Don't get me wrong, I love La Quinta. I've stayed in quite a few and liked most of them, but this one sucks. We stayed 2 separate nights during our trip (one on the way to our destination and one on the way back). The first room we had was ok. Nothing great, but it was relatively clean and on the far backside of the hotel. For the money, it could've been a LITTLE nicer but you dont have many choices in Ft. Stockton (and they know it). However, the second room we had was terrible. The door lock/handle was broken in some way and we just about had to kick the door open. After all day on the road, this was not cool. Once we got it open, on of us stayed there at all times for fear of it not opening again. We were too tired to complain at the time, but I did let the front desk know when we checked out. This room was lacking in the cleanliness dept. and didnt have enough towels, but again, we were too tired to care much. I felt a little more screwed on this room....I mean, for $75 I should at least be able to walk barefoot on the carpet and have enough towels to shower if need be. I'd stay here again, but only because I'm in the rewards program.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 12, 2011

My partner, his dad, and I were traveling in a caravan during our recent relocation from El Paso to Houston. We got a late start leaving El Paso, so it made the most sense to stop for the night in Fort Stockton. Van Horn was not far enough and Sonora was too far. We can pretty much always depend on La Quinta for comfort, cleanliness, and hospitality at a good price, and this was certainly no exception. The check-in staff was especially friendly. The room was very nice and all three of us slept exceedingly well. Breakfast at the nearby IHOP, however, was an entirely different matter.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Not even a great value considering the location, the bathroom is in great need of updating, the bathtub was peeling away from the wall... with what looked like mold growing inside.

Only upside was no pet fee if you're traveling with pets.

Friendly enough staff, but try to drive further if you can only to reach a better stop!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JellyBellyBug
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We should have paid attention to the reviews. Freezing cold swimming pool with tiny worn out towels. No hair conditioner or lotion available. Very bored front desk attendant. Tired worn out property.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2011

It served it's purpose but that place is in desperate need of a renovation. I could see stains in the ceiling from water leaks and noticed a few cockroach bodies in corners of the room. The beds were ok and we had what we needed for a one night stay. Like I said, it was OK!

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 27, 2011

I have stayed at a few La Quinta's before but will go out of my way to NEVER stay at one again. The bed was dirty and after some discussion was told that this was the best they had left. My wife and I decided to just pay the bill and leave after a short discussion with one of the staff. She even went so far as to tell us that many people hate their stay in this place. We will do our very best to let all our friends know in the military community what kind of treatment they give to soldiers and spouses in this kind of hotel. La Quinta, you ruined what was a nice time away with my wife. I would rather stay in a tent back in Iraq than to stay at one of your hotels again!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Neveragain059
Reviewed February 27, 2011

For $92.00 a night, nobody should be seeing horrible service that La Quinta extends to it's guest. Very disappointing and how do you charge the military more money than your normal rates? If your military, please stay away from this place.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo