“Angie is one of a kind”
Review of Angie's Restaurant

Angie's Restaurant
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

You won't meet a more gentle soul or gracious host than Angie. Excellent homemade salsa, "best chicken-fried steak in U.S." according to National Geographic in 1991 (and still true!), great pies, all-around tasty home-cooked food. There's not much reason to get off the freeway at Fort Hancock -- with the exception of a nice meal with Angie.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I pedaled through here 12JUN2011 beginning my magnificent 1300mile/2100kilometer Trans-Texas Bicycle Odyssey [fully documented in my 4th book, "Dry'd, Fry'd, and Sky'd by Headwinds and Heat"], and then again as part of my Irene's Pedal [so named for a dear departed colleague who passed to breast cancer, and wife of best friend at home campus] 19NOV2012. In fact, everytime I pedal through (or camp here, as I did on the 19th, adjacent to the Camp Rice memorial; I was shocked that the Border Patrol DIDN'T investigate me, but, then, I might have a bit of a rep around here...!), and again in the morning, 20NOV2012. What a fantastic eatery, highly recommended. Not only is the food highly delicious & nutritious, to get inside, out of the elements (extreme heat during the Summer) was an added benefit. The only downside is that it is "cash only" no credit cards, although it is possible to go next door fo use the ATM if you need cash. This is a GREAT restaurant, especially if going East, since it's a long way to the next eatery in Sierra Blanca!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Stopped in while on our Big 2012 Road Trip. Had the chicken-fried steak - good. Wife had the enchilada plate. Friendly folks made us feel at home. Not spotless, but serviceable. Good prices.

1  Thank RCMoeur
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

I have stopped there several times while on business, and each time the staff was hospitable. The food was good and reasonably priced. The salsa was some of the best I've had in the area. Angie's is the definition of "hole in the wall."

Been to Angie's Restaurant? Share your experiences!