“Nice Place to Stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Forney
League City, Texas, United States
“Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My 91 year-old mother and I spent one night here. The room was clean, comfortable, and well laid-out. The breakfast buffet was better than most. The hotel is far enough away from the highway to keep traffic noise from being a problem. Also, the plumbing was extra quiet, allowing one guest to shower and not bother someone sleeping next to the bathroom wall.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Overland Park, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

I travel a fair amount and generally stay in Hilton Garden Inns because I like their beds. Must truthfully say I've never stayed in a Best Western property, so was a little reluctant, but wanted an early start to First Monday. Absolutely shocked at how very nice the property was, from our room with vessel bathroom sink to the wall mounted flat screen television. However, the best part was how comfortable the bed was. Better sleep than I have had in my own bed at home. Sheets are soft, soft, soft. Plenty of bath towels, nice ones, too! Breakfast was above what I expected as well. I will definitely be seeking out other Best Western Plus properties. Staff was also friendly and the room temperature was perfect. What a very nice hotel at a very reasonable rate.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Booked this hotel for one night at the senior rate. Not many choices for hotels in this town, but this was a nice hotel. Had booked a room but was given a suite. Very nice with a sofa, ceiling fan, small kitchenette area and very comfortable bed. Nice hot breakfast in the morning to get you on your way.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

This is near family, so we ended up staying here for several nights. We opted for a suite, which was really nice. It was very big and had fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The pool is absolutely lovely, especially in Texas summers. The breakfast buffet is above average, with make-your-own waffles among the items. Rooms were very clean.

The towel system for the pool seems to be a bit odd-- you pick them up at the front desk, and every single time I went to get towels for our group of 3, they acted like I was asking for a bag full of money. "You want THREE towels? Really?!" Quite odd, and since I went to the pool 2-3 times a day, got a bit old quickly.

That said, I think most of the staff here is very friendly and helpful, I would definitely recommend a stay if you're in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
helmhotelsgroup, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Christopher Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked and disliked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations with the towel situation. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience. We hope you will come back and see us again soon!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I am a antique freak, so I usually stay at hotels a lot. I stayed at the Best Western in Forney for the Canton Trade Days. I picked this hotel because of the excellant reviews, and also because it was a new hotel. I arrived around 5 to check in, and there was a little wait at the front desk. Not something big. My room was on the top floor which is great, but there was tons of traffic by the elevator. I got into my room, and wow. I was speechless. The rooms were big and NEW! I dropped my stuff in the room, turned on the A/C and left for dinner. I come back around 8-9 and find the room not so cold. The A/C was also very loud throughout the night. The ceiling fans weren't that useful, they would not circulate air and not cool the room. The flat screens were great, I was disappointed that the remote had to be pointed right in front of the tv to work. Also, they internet connection went in and out all night. The next morning I went down to the breakfast room and found the lobby area filled with people. It took me forever to get my food and find space to sit down. I was very tired from the night before, but got myself to go to Canton. Before I left I put then Do Not Disturb sign, but when I came back my room was cleaned. I was mad because I had valuables in the room. The microwave was also dirty. I will come back, but hope next time I won't have these problems.

• Stayed May 2012
helmhotelsgroup, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Christopher Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for our guests in the future. If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Grants Pass, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

After a very bad experience at Comfort Suites in Rowlett... We booked a room at this Best Western. It was 1,000,000 times better! So clean. I felt like I could walk barefoot instead of wearing flip flops in the room! Very new and modern! Had a chair you could actually use! Fridge, microwave, coffee maker... But I can't stress enough how clean it is. Staying with my 7 month old daughter, cleanliness is very important to me.

• Stayed July 2012
Rockville, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for two nights. The suite was huge, with a comfy queen size bed, and a big bathroom. The room was very modern, clean, and appealing. Breakfast was included, and there was a large variety of food offered. It was a great hotel, close to the highway, other restaurants, and about 25 minute drive from downtown Dallas. This would be a great hotel to stop at during a long drive, too. I will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: My room was near the elevator, so I did hear the elevator a lot, but it wasn't terrible.