“Regular visitor”

Ista Indian Cuisine
Ranked #29 of 158 Restaurants in Flower Mound
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I regularly frequent Ista with friends and family. The food and service is great. Nearly everything at Ista is Gluten Free; which is a huge bonus for me (excludes naan). I've recommended several people to try the food and folks are never disappointed! The lunch buffet is my favorite- great way to try new things, with a consistent side of my favorites.

Reviewed December 12, 2013

Quality food that tasted good. Service by the friendly staff was excellent. The wall hangings of authentic Indian handicrafts adds to the atmosphere.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Very good Indian Restaurant in Flower Mound. The lunch buffet is very nice, the Dal Makhani isn't served every day, but is excellent. Dinner is via the menu and is very good. The veggie korma and chana masala are very flavorful and not overly spicy. I was recently there during a busy lunch time, and the service was attentive and prompt.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Have been looking for new Indian food place since my favorite one closed. This was fits the bill and is even closer to home.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

The food was good and fairly priced. The décor was nice. It’s BYOB, which we didn’t realize until we were there; that’s a great way to save money and still enjoy wine with dinner, so we’ll bring a bottle if ever we go back. If you have one of those picky kids who won’t eat spicy food, get him or her plain or butter naan and plain basmati rice and the butter chicken. Overall, though, I would say the food was not particularly spicy as far as Indian food goes - flavorful, but less spicy than usual (or at least what we are used to). The service was slow, even though there were few people there when we happened to go. I can't imagine I'd want to be there when it is crowded, but we'll probably be back for an early meal again.