“Restaurant.com gift certificates no longer honored”
Review of Thai Ruby

Thai Ruby
Ranked #30 of 178 Restaurants in Flower Mound
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed July 13, 2012

We went to Thai Ruby to eat dinner and had planned to use a Restaurant.Com Gift Certificate which we purchased for Thai Ruby. The certificate states "This Restaurant Gift Certificate does not expire." There was a sign by the door that said they would no longer honor Restaurant.Com Gift Certificates as the restaurant said they had expired. We decided that we did not want to go inside and argue with the restaurant about the certificate. We elected to go elsewhere and do not plan to go back to this restaurant. We will contact Restaurant.com about the money we lost on the certificate.

Date of visit: July 2012

Reviewed May 25, 2012

So excited to pick up food from this place after reading the entire online menu. Got it home, and we actually threw most of it away. Would have done better with "make it at home" grocery store kits. Won't go back, even if the food is free.

Date of visit: May 2012
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Over a few dozen visits, I've always found the food to be tasty and hot. The service varies a bit as they are periodically breaking in a new server who hasn't quite always figured out how to interact with customers yet. That said, the food keeps bringing us back.

I definitely like their Pad Kee Mow along with many of the curry dishes.

Date of visit: April 2012
Reviewed November 23, 2011

One of my favorite restaurants in our neighborhood - stunning, gorgeously, beautiful decor, presentation, and taste. Maddeningly frustrating and aggravating service, unfortunately, and thus we don't go more often. If there's only 2 of you in your party and the place isn't very full, the service issues likely won't be as much of a distraction. But if you've got 4 or more, you'll need to be patient - something I'm very admittedly not good at. Most definitely a locally-owned small business well worth supporting - for me, I just need to mentally adjust my patience level when I walk in...which is probably not a bad idea in general.

Date of visit: November 2011
Reviewed November 9, 2011

I only went here on lunch time, I think the price is quite cheap for lunch time. I mean, for only about 7 dollar you can eat well-seasoned Pad Thai in a clean and nicely decorated place, that was a bargain. I know the same food quality with the same price might be available at other restaurants, but not with the same fancy atmosphere. Nice option if you were in Flower Mound area.

Date of visit: May 2011