“Eh.......”

Trail Riders Steakhouse
Ranked #1 of 38 Restaurants in Floresville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I was seated immediately and waited at my table for 10 minutes with no communication from the passing waitresses. Finally, my little savior, a waitress named Gabby, stopped by to see why I hadn't been waited on. She is great.... The rest of the staff could care less about anybody not at their table. I ordered the most expensive item on the menu... The$25 22 oz porterhouse. It was not bad, but the seasoning and quality of beef was lacking, but it was cooked properly to medium rare as requested. I would be happy with this steak in the $12 to $15 dollar range... Not 25. Fried okra were awful. Mac and cheese was just velveeta on pasta with too much salt. Not a real good experience...

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Trail Riders has been in Floresville for only a few years, but it is one of the best places in town to eat. The Friday night prime rib has people standing in line out the door and down the block. The food I have had has always been good, and the service, although often by seemingly inexperienced young people, has always been friendly. Save room for a fantastic bread pudding for dessert.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Ribeye steak was all fat and the baked potato was all cold. The salad was brought out about 10 minutes after the food was out. The reason the waitress gave was that she forgot. We called the owner over to show her the steak and she had a go to hell attitude. The service was very unprofessional.

1  Thank JJJJJ66
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We've eaten here several times & I recently took a girlfriend of mine there for her birthday lunch.

The décor is all old Floresville high school memorabilia. It is always COLD in this restaurant which is a huge plus in 100 plus texas weather.

The food is really good old home style cooking but on a big scale! the lunch menu is a tremendous value! My only warning is the water in Floresville itself. It is definitely an acquired taste - so for that reason I don't recommend ordering a glass of tea. I've had the steak salad (generous portions , you cant eat it all, the chicken fried steak, chicken fried chicken, the steak & the shrimp. Everything is great. and when they say loaded baked potato, they mean loaded & HUGE!

enjoy!

if this review is helpful, please be sure to hit the YES button below. Thanks!

4  Thank qv09vvp
Reviewed March 16, 2013 via mobile

Liked it... Good place for lunch. Fast and friendly service.
I ordered the fish, it was delicious.
I will go back