“Very good”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
“Very good”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

We were very pleased with their service and food. The margaritas at that time were free. Best price ever right?

• Visited November 2013

Bullard, Texas
“A great Mexican Restrauant”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I heard some good reviews for Gus' so I took my wife for lunch before some appointments. It was our first visit and we found the restaurant to be clean, a good selection of entrees, the price reasonable, and the food tasted very good. The best part was complimentary Margaritas. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit with them and brought food home for snack later on.

• Visited November 2013
“Pretty Good Food”
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

The food was good and service was decent. I was enjoying my food until I saw the picture on the wall of one of the biggest scammers in Texas!

Texarkana,Texas
“Awesome Dining Experience in Tyler TX!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Gus' Mexican Restaurant was our destination restaurant while we were in Tyler, Texas this week on personal business. Although it is a little out of the way from all the other Tyler restaurants located on Broadway, it is well worth the trip. Even more so when I later found out that, but of course, the food at Gus' should be awesome since the owner, Gus Ramirez, has over 50 years experience in the Tyler restaurant business!

Both my brother and I were very pleased with our menu selections: Sampler Plate for me, and Carne Asada for him. The food was flavorful and generous! And did I mention that the chips were homemade and came with fresh warm salsa. We could have made a meal out of them alone. And a very big plus for us was that we were able to dine outside since it was such a pleasant day.

Our waitress, Patricia, was attentive and when she said that the margaritas were complimentary with the meal, I didn't believe her but it was true! What a pleasant surprise for my brother!

The restaurant is located in the back of the Gresham Shopping Center at 16700 FM 2493 (Old Jacksonville Road) in Suite 1800. It is very easy to find if you take the Texas Toll Road and exit at FM 2493!

Gus's Mexican Restaurant's business hours are: Monday - Thursday 11 am - 8:30 pm, Friday - Saturday 11 am - 9:30 pm. Closed Sundays

• Visited October 2013
Tyler, Texas
“Don't bother”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My second time to eat here because of the great family reputation for Tex-Mex. Where to start? It took 55 minutes to get our food. No kidding... Food was average at best. It is better to go to Fresh and order tacos. No need to write any more.

• Visited August 2013