“Water Park in Tyler”

Water Park at The Villages
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Flint
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The kids loved this indoor water park. It was to busy for my taste. Nevertheless, everyone had fun. I would have enjoyed a cocktail or two if they served them.

1  Thank Patricia R

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

My 2 boys were really excited about going to this in-door water park. The park has 2 main slides, a small wave pool, a lazy river, and some kiddie sprinklers - that all! This is a time-share trap; they give away tickets for a hundred mile radius and people flock to the water park for free. I paid for my family to go and it was VERY EXPENSIVE. It was soooo overcrowded with the "freebie" guests that it was not enjoyable. In itself the park would be okay, but the real reason the water park is here is to lure unsuspecting guests to a time-share presentation. Be warned!

2  Thank BabyBlueOasis
Reviewed June 14, 2013

OK. this is weird. I think living near the big cities makes me appreciate more on what it offers to families. We were at Six Flag, this guy came up to us and started talking about the village water park in Tyler. He said, it was like Great Wolf Lodge. They are trying to promote it, and offered us 2 free nights hotel stay plus access to the water park, we were required to pay $75 upfront, so we did. The village is outside Tyler, like in a middle of nowhere-close to the lake. The hotel where we stayed it was not at the park but in the city of Tyler like 20 mins. away from the park. The bad news, we had to listen to sales pit for 3 hours, the first person didn't convinced us to buy their rental properties, they asked the boss then the price was chopped half off, they called their big boss and the cost was chopped again. It went from $15grand to 900$ plus monthly payment of over 200$ for 36mos. and maintenance pay for $79 a month life time-pass to grand children! LOL! In the end we didn't buy cos, they tricked us all the way from six flags, I don't want my grandchildren to pay monthly that they didn't buy. Ok. we got to the water park, there was a separate swimming pool under the sun, and one enclosed were all the rides about 1/8 the sz of Great Wolf. Very very tiny! I will never recommend this place to my friends>>just go to NRH, Hawaiian Falls or Great Wolf. If you live in Tyler it's probably good enough but coming out from Fort Worth- NO. Sorry, I sounds mean but I don't want you guys to get tricked again like us.

16  Thank csoriaso
Reviewed June 11, 2013

There were too many people and not enough water or activities. I would not want to pay $20 per person for this overpriced mess.

2  Thank Kbellatx
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It's very unexpected to see an indoor waterpark in the middle of nowhere that non-members can go do. Prices are on par with other small outdoor waterparks. This park also has an outdoor section, but it's really just different sized pools, no slides. Will cost about $17 for non-resort members. Built by same group that built Great Wolf Lodge in Grapevine. Solid quality. Lots of fun, and plenty of life guards on duty. All of them actually seemed to be doing their jobs too. Bring your own lock and you can store your stuff in a locker for free.