“Would do it again!”
Review of Olle Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Flatonia
Olle Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Flatonia
Reviewed January 12, 2011

My husband & I along with our son and his family had a wonderful stay at the Olle. It is quaint and lovely and very tasteful. Katherine, the proprietor, was most gracious and showed us all around the hotel and shared the history of it with us. We were very comfortable to come and go as we pleased. The breakfast was most delightful. The Olle will most definitely be re-visited by our family!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Olle Hotel

Reviewed December 26, 2010

I had not been to this area of Texas before and needed to stay in the Flatonia area to visit my grandson. The Olle Hotel was exactly what I wanted in a small hotel. It was quiet, decorated nicely, had a wonderful breakfast and staff in the form of Kathleen was gracious.
The only concern that came up was that my GPS sent me to an address out on the fringe of town when I just used name in the hotel finder and did not stop to put in the actual address.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2010

My husband and I recently traveled to Flatonia for a funeral. We did not make reservations in advance because we were not sure whether we were spending the night. We had seen this lovely Bed and Breakfast Hotel on the internet the night before and kept it in mind as a possibility. Fortunately, we decided to stay. When we arrived, the doors were locked but we found the owner's business card at the door and called. She was right in the middle of a prior personal commitment, but dropped what she was doing and immediately met us at the hotel. Within moments we were checked in and on our way. Breakfast of wonderful pastries and fruit is typically provided as part of the cost of the room, but since I have dietary restrictions we opted out, until the owner graciously offered to cook me a special breakfast to accommodate my dietary needs. The hotel is immaculate and beautifully appointed in keeping with the period during which it was built, but with all modern ammenities. My husband and I both slept more soundly than we have in a long time. The specially-prepared morning breakfast was beautifully presented and tasted amazing. I just couldn't recommend the Olle Hotel more highly. Loved our stay - just wished it could have been longer, and under happier circumstances of course. We're thinking a special trip back to the Olle Hotel may be in order.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Hostess suggested different room when we arrived, same price but bigger shower. Great porch. Near railroad but train does not use it's horn, so you can watch and listen to it as it goes by. Menu's of local eateries available, but another guest suggested Kloesel's in Moulton , which is just down 95 - great steak and atmosphere. Breakfast was very good; and they started serving at 7:30am which is great for early birds. Hotel is great shape. I was worried about sounds passing through old, thin walls, but we did not have a problem. I could hear the train at night, but in a relaxing way. A great place to stay when visiting the Painted Church's of Texas.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I have stayed in several bed and breakfast hotels. The Olle Hotel is by far my favorite. Katheryn, the owner hostess is charming. She pulled out several resturant menus and maps to help us make a selection for dinner. The house is newly renovated and restored. Decorated in an old world/sophisticated Texas theme. I am trying to come up with a reason to go visit again. I give this hotel five gold stars all the way.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2009

This is my first time being moved enough to write a review of a place we have stayed. I arrived late Saturday night with two small children. Kathryn did not have any available rooms, so she spent THIRTY minutes calling around trying to find me a room! But to no avail. She then quickly went to plan B and cleaned up the Wheeler apartment for us. I cannot thank her enough! She even told us where to eat and when it closed. We had a great time in Flatonia and it was all because of Kathryn and going out of the way to give people 110%.
My son asked why we didnt just stay in Holiday Inn, and I said it was because of people like Kathryn is why we always find local hotels, they are in the business because they CARE.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2009

...but more sophisticated. A truly comfortable, homey and tastefully decorated historic hotel. Kathryn is a very warm and gracious host, going so far as to contact the Flatonia museum people for us to insure that it was opened on Saturday when we wished to tour it (visiting a museum in very small town can sometimes be a tricky thing). Although we passed on breakfast to sleep in past 9am, we saw that the presentation was utterly charming with linen, silver, china and fresh flowers on every table in the cozy dining room set up the night before. Coffee was readily available and a huge selection of packaged teas running from Earl Gray to Rooibos to Chai to Sleepytime herbal were set out to enjoy at one's leisure - hot water being always at the ready in the kitchen. Kathryn, noting that we had not been at breakfast upon our checking out on Sunday, even offered us some sausage kolaches (aka "pigs") for the road. All in all, a very relaxing and inviting base from which to explore everything the area has to offer.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flatonia
Best Western Plus Flatonia Inn
Americas Best Value Inn-Schulenburg
Hampton Inn La Grange
Hampton Inn La Grange
#1 of 7 in La Grange

Been to Olle Hotel? Share your experiences!