Olle Hotel
HIExpress.com
Hotel Texas(Hallettsville)
$76
$70
Hampton Inn La Grange(La Grange)(Great Value!)
$141
$69
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspainted churchesb bcentral texasfresh fruitshiner beerbirds chirpingthe entire hotellarge porcha great place to stay whenbreakfast was deliciousthoroughly enjoyed our staylong weekendliving roomcomfy bedkolacheswarrentonhometown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2012

My family recently attended a wedding in the Flatonia area. The Olle was recommended to us, and we were fortunate to be able to book two rooms for a Saturday night. What a great place!! I was impresed by the attention to detail there was in both rooms. Although different in design, the rooms were very commodious and spotless. The beds were wonderful from the mattress to the coverlet, with luxurious linens. There was a fluffy terrycloth bathrobe in the closet, an abundance of towels, and sundries available. The atmosphere is very relaxing, with several public rooms decorated in true Texas style. Besides making you feel at home, Kathryn the hostess is a supurb cook! A full hot breakfast is served from a buffet in the hall, including pasteries and fresh fruit. Our stay at the Olle Hotel, was a refreshing travel experience. The restoration done on the 100+ year old structure is outstanding!!

Room Tip: I have no knowledge about this.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TheMiserlyDiner
Reviewed May 9, 2012

The name of the Olle is "hotel" but it's really a very charming inn or B&B, and we enjoyed our stay there very much.
We had booked a Friday night and arrived late, (as well as dirty, tired, sunburned and likely looking atrocious after a 10-hour motorcycle ride) but were graciously welcomed by the innkeeper, Kathryn. The room was wonderful - cozy, unique, charming. We decided to stay Saturday night as well. Since the hotel had only one room open, and it wasn't the room we were already in, we had to change rooms, but the hotel staff made it absolutely painless. They provided a place to store our bags, made sure our 'new' room was cleaned first so it would be ready on our return from sightseeing, showed us where the new room was located, and even gave us the key before we left for the day. The second room was equally as cozy, unique and charming as the first!
Breakfast was wonderful both mornings; a quiche or casserole, fresh fruit, pastries, etc. All delicious and served in a pretty and gracious dining room. The entire hotel is Spotlessly clean, wonderfully historical, and flat-out charming.
We hope to be in Flatonia again and will definitely stay at the Olle Hotel!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 8, 2012

I just called this hotel and told them that I was trying to find a hotel for my son, his wife, and their baby they were traveling and we low on gas but had enough to make it to Flatonia. I told her I live in Alabama but was trying to find them a place to stay. I was told no because they had business travelers and they cannot have a baby in the hotel. I was shocked so I was short and said thank you and hung up. She must have starred 69 me because she called me back and told me she did have an apartment that they could have a baby in and I said no that wouldn't work as I just saw their prices and was certain they couldn't afford it. I told her they only had $60 (looking at their prices they were almost double their budget so I know I should have saw that first I just didn't) She giggled and said no that is how much we pay to have the apartment cleaned. Yet again I was surprised that she would say that that way even if she were irritated that I didn't read prices before calling (which is only my guess not a fact) I asked her are you saying your cleaning person charges $60 just to clean that. She said it was very big and this was a Bad and breakfast not a hotel. I said your information does say Olle Hotel and she said yes it has been that name for over a hundred years (she may have said longer I cannot remember). I said really this not worth your time because they don't have any more money than $60. I said goodbye kind of rudely and hung up. Should I have read things better? Yes. Could she have been kinder or have been more professional? Yes. I never have stayed at this hotel but wanted to share this experience because it upset me.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank danainalabama
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Form the moment we arrived at the Olle to our departure it was wonderful.

The hotel is beautiful each room tastefully designed. The Innkeeper (Kathryn) is a wonderful host and fabulous cook. Breakfast each morning delicious and relaxing.
The front porch beckons for relaxation with the beautiful rockers. The town is delightful..............Flatonia and the Olle Hotel not to be missed. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: There are ten rooms each one a treasure.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 26, 2012

This beautiful B&B was a pleasure to stay in. The breakfast was wonderful - egg & sausage caserole, local baked goods, fresh fruit, OK, coffee - fantastic! Also, the staff was friendly and helpful. We were trying to figure out how to get to the old Czech painted churches in the area and the hostess printed out a huge map circling the 8 or so nearby - so helpful!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple