“This Ol' Porch Rocks”
Review of Olle Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Flatonia
Olle Hotel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Flatonia
Reviewed April 9, 2011

Lyle Lovett would love it here. Tiny railroad town, century-old hotel with just eight rooms and all the modern conveniences. Great hostess. It's not quite the Hill Country, but it has just the right vibe. Robert's Steak House is a nice companion spot about a mile away.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 26, 2011

This is my favorite Hotel to stay at anywhere. Great service and the breakfasts are always excellent. The Inn is wonderfully restored and the beds are very comfortable. Good internet and TV channels are available.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2011

My husband & I along with our son and his family had a wonderful stay at the Olle. It is quaint and lovely and very tasteful. Katherine, the proprietor, was most gracious and showed us all around the hotel and shared the history of it with us. We were very comfortable to come and go as we pleased. The breakfast was most delightful. The Olle will most definitely be re-visited by our family!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I had not been to this area of Texas before and needed to stay in the Flatonia area to visit my grandson. The Olle Hotel was exactly what I wanted in a small hotel. It was quiet, decorated nicely, had a wonderful breakfast and staff in the form of Kathleen was gracious.
The only concern that came up was that my GPS sent me to an address out on the fringe of town when I just used name in the hotel finder and did not stop to put in the actual address.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 16, 2010

My husband and I recently traveled to Flatonia for a funeral. We did not make reservations in advance because we were not sure whether we were spending the night. We had seen this lovely Bed and Breakfast Hotel on the internet the night before and kept it in mind as a possibility. Fortunately, we decided to stay. When we arrived, the doors were locked but we found the owner's business card at the door and called. She was right in the middle of a prior personal commitment, but dropped what she was doing and immediately met us at the hotel. Within moments we were checked in and on our way. Breakfast of wonderful pastries and fruit is typically provided as part of the cost of the room, but since I have dietary restrictions we opted out, until the owner graciously offered to cook me a special breakfast to accommodate my dietary needs. The hotel is immaculate and beautifully appointed in keeping with the period during which it was built, but with all modern ammenities. My husband and I both slept more soundly than we have in a long time. The specially-prepared morning breakfast was beautifully presented and tasted amazing. I just couldn't recommend the Olle Hotel more highly. Loved our stay - just wished it could have been longer, and under happier circumstances of course. We're thinking a special trip back to the Olle Hotel may be in order.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2009

Hostess suggested different room when we arrived, same price but bigger shower. Great porch. Near railroad but train does not use it's horn, so you can watch and listen to it as it goes by. Menu's of local eateries available, but another guest suggested Kloesel's in Moulton , which is just down 95 - great steak and atmosphere. Breakfast was very good; and they started serving at 7:30am which is great for early birds. Hotel is great shape. I was worried about sounds passing through old, thin walls, but we did not have a problem. I could hear the train at night, but in a relaxing way. A great place to stay when visiting the Painted Church's of Texas.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2009

I have stayed in several bed and breakfast hotels. The Olle Hotel is by far my favorite. Katheryn, the owner hostess is charming. She pulled out several resturant menus and maps to help us make a selection for dinner. The house is newly renovated and restored. Decorated in an old world/sophisticated Texas theme. I am trying to come up with a reason to go visit again. I give this hotel five gold stars all the way.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Flatonia
The Dilworth Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Schulenburg Inn & Suites
Town Cottages
Town Cottages
#1 of 1 in Flatonia

Been to Olle Hotel? Share your experiences!