“Oasis”

Robert's Steak House
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Flatonia
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This was like an oasis. Middle of nowhere. It was packed. Great service. Great food. Really great drinks. Pleasantly surprised. Very we'll done. Don't change a thing.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

We have dined at Robert's several times over the last few years, and we have to admit that the last two months their food quality has improved. I love their Caesar salad, perfect, and my husband enjoys their house salad and Thousand Island dressing. The prime rib is of high quality, cooked perfectly, with the best of flavor, and the majority of the time my beef K-Bob is absolutely perfect in taste and done right - one time only it was over done and not medium rare as I ordered it, but it still had good flavor. Wait staff is always attentive and courteous. The chicken dishes are delicious, broccoli wonderful and seasoned perfectly. The mushrooms are absolutely wonderful!

Things I would not order at Roberts again: Beef Tips, Chicken Fried Steak, fried catfish.

Although most people enjoy their hot homemade wheat roles with honey butter, my husband and I do not like wheat breads, and we really wish they had some white rolls or an alternative. We know wheat is healthier supposedly and appreciate Robert's trying to appease the majority, but it would up our dining experience if they offered two different types of rolls instead of just wheat.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This place is a gem. Am writing my first-ever restaurant review because we were so impressed. For a roadside country Texas eatery, these people have it nailed! Clean, new but still w good Texas ambience, great fresh homemade food, crisp salads, good service....what's not to like??? As caterers we were curious so sampled a lot of flavors...by the time we finished it was clear that our drives into Houston from now on will always include Flatonia. Wherever the heck that is!

1  Thank Cathy D
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We stopped for dinner on a Sunday night, around 6:30PM. We were a little worried because of some recent negative reviews, but there weren't really any other restaurants around, so we decided to take a chance. What a pleasant surprise! The food was really good - the chopped sirloin had a yummy grilled flavor, and the NY strip was cooked perfectly. The strip was certainly worth the $20! Our sides were green beans and the sautéed veggies; also both very good. We had the steak soup, which was really flavorful with nice big chunks of steak in it. The service was fantastic, as well. Our tea glasses were always refilled without us having to ask (and I drink a lot of tea!), and dirty dishes were promptly removed from the table. All in all, this was an excellent dinner experience, and we plan to stop again the next time we're between San Antonio and Houston.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have been eating here on a regular basis for the past two years. When we first visited the restaurant was in good condition and both the food and service were good. During the past 6 months Roberts has become a filthy poorly run restaurant. Let me elaborate. Last week we visited on a slow Thursday evening. The server was nice but inexperienced and overworked. Four of us ordered steaks ranging from rare to well-done and one ordered salmon. The salmon was rancid and not one steak was delivered at the correct temperature. While using the men's room, which had no soap nor paper to dry your hands, one must pass a door that opens into the prep/kitchen. Everywhere I looked was filthy, and I don't mean dirt from that day. If you value your health I recommend you avoid this filthy restaurant that appears to be suffering from poor management and/or uncaring owners.

2  Thank JFBCPA