“Better to sleep in the car” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Grumpy's Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Flatonia
Grumpy's Motel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Flatonia
Houston, Texas
“Better to sleep in the car”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Not much choice around the MS150 weekend so they took our money and we slept in the car. This is the worst hotel experience ever and I have travelled the world. Should have known better when we arrived but we had paid our money so.......... There is nothing good to say. Looked terrible on the outside worse on the inside, tried two rooms nothing to choose, both ----. Come time for bed tried to find two sheets on the bed found one which was moving with the bed number of bed bugs running all over. Red spots all over the sheet comforter, pillows where the bugs had exploded with someones blood, probably mine as I had laid on the comforter. Totally disgusting went to sleep in the car. This place is a health hazard !!!! Mold in the bath. Its incredible that anyone can expect people to walk in let alone sleep or shower. Long long second day in the 150 but made it to Austin. Be warned its Grumpy's for a reason.

Room Tip: You need to keep moving on, the grass outside is cleaner and better for you.
Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank PDHouston

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Bulverde, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is by far the worst motel I have ever stayed at in the continental United States and is actually sub-par with many third world country inns. Cockroaches, crickets and general overall filth did nothing to enhance the visuals. No GFI sockets visible in room. I left without even showering and given a preference between sleeping under a bridge with trolls or staying in this motel with the associated vermin I will take the trolls and the bridge every time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank S E R
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2012

There was hair in the sink and hair between the mattress's . To my surprise I checked the bed and did not see anything to be concerned about . But in the morning my arm was itching to my surprise it looks like bed bug bites the bites are all in a row which matches a bed bug bite. The itching and blisters also match bed bug bites. So if your thanking about staying there beware of the bugs .

• Stayed April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jezmoney
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2012

when i came to grumpys hotel on the outside it was nice but when we got our room my husband and i were mortified. there were roaches everywhere the room smelled horrible and on top of it all there was black mold in the shower roof and walls. im no health specialist but black mold is harmful and a health hazard someone should call the health department and shut this place down its not even worth calling a hotel its an absolte dump

Room Tip: dont even book a room here its not wo\rth your time or money
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sayla o
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

It's no surprise that this motel was far from being luxury, but it was just down right disgusting! No air conditioner when we arrived in 105 degree Texas weather! The worst part is that I had to cancel my credit card after checking out immediately, because the manager, Margaret, refused to give me a receipt for my stay and was lying about having my information. When I made her call Magnus Hotels, who are in charge of holding reservations, they assured me that she had all of my information. She told lie after lie! This is a nasty, dishonest, dirty place, and I would rather sleep on the streets, then ever set foot into that roach-infested motel. They need to do everyone a favor and shut it down!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank deeder79
Uster, Switzerland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

Unfortunately, we didn't read the review from 27 Oct 2008 before we stayed at the Grumpy's: We made absolutely the same bad experience.
Additionally, we had do change the room, because the air condition didn't work properly in the first room. And the other room was in the same bad condition!
And I've forgotten a memory stick in the computer of the motel. I emailed the manger, and he promised me to send it immediately to me, but I didn't receive anything.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kurt59
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2008

We are long-time patrons of the annual Chilizpiel festival in Flatonia and look forward to it all year. We've stayed at Grumpy's the last 4 of 5 years, and while not a luxury hotel, was always clean and comfy...EXCEPT this year!

This past weekend's stay was sooo awful, we will never stay there again. Upon turning our room light on, many roaches scooted across the floor and walls, the toilet and tub were black with mold and appeared not to have been cleaned in very long time... Coffee machine and pot were caked with previous guests' leftovers, although not sure how they drank coffee without any cups? The sheets appeared to have been slept in before, wrinkled and questionably clean... Jeez...

While there were several big signs advertising "Under New Management" on property, believe us that New does NOT equal better!

2 Thank Leemadeema