Leisure Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Fentress
See available hotels
Plum Creek Inn(Lockhart)
Coachway Inn(Luling)
Lockhart Inn(Lockhart)
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
All reviewssan marcos rivertent campingfull hookupscamp sites areriver accessrvcabintubingvolleyballasphaltcons
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Had a two days at Leisure Resort. The Duplex cabin with queen beds was a little smaller than I expected. There were 4 of us in the cabin and it was a little tight. Good thing they had shower and restroom facilities a close to our cabin by the nice pool area, very clean. There was no sink in the bathroom, because it is that small. Not much storage for items you bring, stored some items in the car. Beds slept pretty good, plastic under your sheets. We smoked everyone out when we used the charcoal grill. Wind was blowing their way. Nice porch area, but sun made it hot in the evening. Bring fan for circulation. Two air conditioners and still not reat cool in room until night. River was nice. Floating was not advisable for children - too may trees in the way, but we did have fun floating, just have to watch out. Staff was friendly and helpful. Got a deal through Living Social so did pay full price. Had voucher for 4 free tubes but afraid to use them, too many sharp tree snags. Used our own so didn't use pickup service which was extra. All in all - good time, great place, just need to know what to expect. Great place to get away and relax.

Room Tip: Duplex D8 was on the end, quiet area, near pool and restrooms, nice picnic table on porch - did have the evening sun.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 16, 2012 via mobile

I planned a trip for my family here after I saw it on groupon. I wanted to be somewhere close to the river so we could take turns with the baby at the cabin. It was a great location the lady at check in was really sweet and friendly.
I was disappointed because when I called I was told that the river was the perfect level. It was a nice level to float except that you would run straight into fallen trees and my kids were getting flipped upside down and stuck. My husband cut himself all up trying to go against the current to rescue our kids from drowning! If I would have been informed I would have still rented the cabin but not spent 80 some thing dollars on innertubes.
Also, 130 to stay in a little clean cabin on the river was okay, but charging for each person was just annoying. The second night we had a cabin and tent site. Same thing, 30 something for a tent site is a little high, but the park is nice. Being charged for each person and then, an extra 10 if my kids wanted to pitch a second tent on the site was just overly annoying. Tubing the river here is not safe for kids, even ones that are good swimmers.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank EmeraldWall
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We just returned from Leisure Resort in Fentress and booked our next stay before leaving. This is really well run property with very friendly staff....seems like a big family runs the place. We took advantage of its proximity to Sky Dive San Marcos (maybe 2 miles away) to get a jump in as a family. We also tubed from Highway 20 back down into the resort. This is a 40 minute float with current water conditions, which seemed just about perfect. The downstream float (1.5hrs) was not as good due to fallen trees blocking the river. We had tent sites 29-34 for our group of about 25 people. This is a great location just above the river and close to bathrooms/showers. This is a great family resort!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is a good place to go with a family. Most of the sites are shaded although very small.

Pros - shade, access to river, playground, horseshoes, basketball, safe to walk on the streets. Some campgrounds have so many vehicles and golfcarts that you have to constantly be careful but here there were only a few golfcarts or cars driving around.

Cons - facilities aren't maintained as much as some other campgrounds but are still OK. bathrooms aren't clean but also aren't spotless, picnic table on our site was poorly repaired and still broken.

I will admit they do seem to charge for alot of extras but it also keeps control of things. We were there for the long weekend and they were completely full but since they charge for extra people we could still use all the facilities without too many problems with sharing.

Room Tip: The sites adjacent to the dog park have no shade. It seemed the closer you were to the river the better the shade. Sites in the front near the cabins are bigger.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank y1yp480
Reviewed May 20, 2012 via mobile

Cons: the website makes it sound nicer than it is. The puttputt is pathetic. It's quite expensive for such small cabins. My boyfriend and I rented one side of a duplex and it was TINY. I could sit on the toilet and put my feet in the shower. Luckily we were at a family reunion and spent little time in the cabin. Btw one duplex room is $111/night and they don't even provide sheets. It said it could sleep 6, but more than two people absolutely cannot be comfortable in the cabin while awake. Also the "treehouses" which sound so awesome? They're houses on stilts. No plumbing in those, so you have to go to the bathhouse to pay 25 cents for 4 minutes of freezing shower water. My iPhone never found wifi in the whole campground either. Some poison ivy as well.

Pros: the rooms were very clean. There is a LOT of wonderful shade and aside from puttputt, there's a lot for kids to do. The pool is nice as are the playgrounds. Beautiful location and everyone there seemed to be having a great time. They also don't enforce the "visitors out by 9" rule. The resort is on the riverbank too.

Overall: I think if I hadn't read up so much on it from the website, I wouldn't have felt disappointed. It really is a nice area, I had a great time and intend to return; but just be aware that none of the rooms are very big and they're overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2012